Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Coaching Candidates

What has Hugh Freeze won at Ole Miss?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The coaches here are tainted. This team needs a purge with fresh non-Jag blood brought in.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Hugh Freeze

[Image: Staring-Confused-Ron-Swanson.gif]

;

;

I'd put Todd Haley on my shortlist given the fact that the development of Bortles is critical.

Me thinks Vegas Dave is really Hugh Freeze.

I was trying to come up with a college coach that would one take job, 2 is actually winning, 3 would not insist on personel control. Nick Saban, who be ready to come back to the NFL, will obviously insist on total control

I was hoping people would give more names. Not just candidate A stinks without giving a reason

Quote:I was trying to come up with a college coach that would one take job, 2 is actually winning, 3 would not insist on personel control. Nick Saban, who be ready to come back to the NFL, will obviously insist on total control

I was hoping people would give more names. Not just candidate A stinks without giving a reason

Did you really need a reason for us not to want Hugh Freeze? 

[Image: 200.gif#3]

And yes I know Ole Miss is 3-4 but he won the last 2 years at tough school to win at. It is not like he took over UF

Quote:I was trying to come up with a college coach that would one take job, 2 is actually winning, 3 would not insist on personel control. Nick Saban, who be ready to come back to the NFL, will obviously insist on total control

Freeze sucks. 

My list of candidates:

1. Haley. Obviously does well with QBs and this would be a second stint.

2. Schwartz. He actually runs the defense where he goes unlike Gus who just did what Carroll did.

3. McDaniels. Learning from the best of the best.

This guy. He is one of the best offensive minded coaches.

http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg472...rboy07.jpg

Look Tom Coughlin was only only 41-39 at Boston College and was in the Big East not SEC West

Huge Freeze???

[Image: fRayRUP.gif]

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:Huge Freeze???

[Image: fRayRUP.gif]

I WILL FIX DA ROSTA

When I mean clean house I'm talking about firing both Dave & Gus, offer Harbaugh full control of this roster and propose a salary of $10M/year (that figure would double his current salary), he's a proven winner and has turned worse situations (San Diego St/Stanford/San Francisco) into top notch winning organisations, just imagine what he could do with this roster? I'm of the opinion that Jim is an all-time great coach with a knack for getting the most out of his players, he builds physical/tough (disciplined) football teams that run the ball effectively while playing solid D.

I'm also of the opinion that he wants to get back into the NFL, because he's an ego-maniac and ego-maniacs typically want to win at the highest level. I've seen threads on this board proposing bringing Tom Coughlin back, and while I'm a big fan of Tom, why not pursue the next Tom Coughlin? Who just happens to be decades younger than the former, many of of you will argue that (potentially) firing David Caldwell will be a mistake, and while I agree David has done a good job of bringing in talent, he's also missed on two top 5 picks in Joeckel and Bortles, the 2013 draft class is a complete disaster. To view him as irreplaceable is silly Imo, especially if we can land a big fish like Harbaugh. Now if there's a way to bring in Harbaugh while keeping David I'd be all for it, I just think Jim would want full control of this roster.

There's another reason to consider pursuing Jim, despite the (inexplicable) extensions to Ryan Grigson and Chuck Pagano this past off-season, I could see Jim Irsay making a play for his services if the Colts don't make the playoffs, it'd be disappointed (to say the least) to see a division rival land a coach/GM like Harbaugh. The situation in Jacksonville will be an attractive one, it looks like we're headed for another top 5-10 pick, we have a patient owner that's willing to spend, the roster is littered with young/cheap/cost-controlled talent on both sides of the ball, and this team (despite spending a fortune in free agency over the past 2 years) will still have a ton of cap space, especially considering Bortles has played himself out of a large-guaranteed extension, this is an opportunity for this franchise to land a transcendent talent at the coaching position, it wouldn't surprise me if Shad (who's a splash owner) is at least thinking about it.

I knkw a lot of people on here don't like hI'm for some reason, but I'd want to look at Matt Patricia. Guys has done wonders with the talent he's been given. And he's also a rocket scientist. It'd be refreshing to have a coach who doesn't have an IQ in the 90's (and I'm being generous) like Gus. Things that we as fans sit at home and critique, like time management, inability to adjust in game, having the team look unprepared. I think Gus is bad at things simply because he's just not a smart guy. Matt is clearly a brilliant man, and a great football mind. I see no reason why he wouldn't make an excellent head coach.

Harbaugh isn't leaving Ann Arbor to come coach blake bortles in Jacksonville lol
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Harbaugh isn't leaving Ann Arbor to come coach blake bortles in Jacksonville lol
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

dreamland.  he's not leaving Michigan

Harbaugh is in total heaven right now. He did his stint in the NFL and I think it was a pretty successful one for a coach coming out of college to the NFL, but he's not leaving Ann Arbor for nutting (as Conor McGregor would say). 

He just got to michigan, hes barely had time to accomplish anything. Hes not going anywhere until he gets to at least one national championship