Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
PFF 2020 all americans

https://www.pff.com/news/college-footbal...rican-team

I know PFF grades can always be hit or miss.  But I noticed a few tackles that have mocked as late first / second round that could potentially be blocking Lawrence's blind side.  Darrishaw is listed as 2nd highest tackle this year.  He may go before our Rams pick but I've seen a few mocks having him fall to us.  Cosmi and Eichenberg are two guys I've also seen in a few mocks going late first but second round seems possible.  

I've seen a lot of mocks that have Tyler Linderbaum as a mid rounder.  assuming he leaves early.  Feels like really solid guards and centers can be found in 3rd/4th rounds.  Position just isnt as highly thought of and good players drop.  

Assuming Trevor is our first (anti jinx) I want two of our next four picks to be offensive lineman.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-21-2020, 06:24 PM)rfc17 Wrote: https://www.pff.com/news/college-footbal...rican-team

I know PFF grades can always be hit or miss.  But I noticed a few tackles that have mocked as late first / second round that could potentially be blocking Lawrence's blind side.  Darrishaw is listed as 2nd highest tackle this year.  He may go before our Rams pick but I've seen a few mocks having him fall to us.  Cosmi and Eichenberg are two guys I've also seen in a few mocks going late first but second round seems possible.  

I've seen a lot of mocks that have Tyler Linderbaum as a mid rounder.  assuming he leaves early.  Feels like really solid guards and centers can be found in 3rd/4th rounds.  Position just isnt as highly thought of and good players drop.  

Assuming Trevor is our first (anti jinx) I want two of our next four picks to be offensive lineman.

I stopped reading after I saw Brady Christensen's ranked as first team. Every BYU game I saw had all the pressure coming from the left side and more often than not, Christensen's man was in the backfield disrupting the play. I wouldn't touch the guy even in the later rounds.

Alim McNeil is one of my favorite players in the draft. I really hope we look at him especially if we go to a 3-4. Even if we stay a 4-3 him and Hamilton would be almost impossible to run against and would help the LBs a ton. Would be like the Williams tandem the Vikings had a few years back

(12-21-2020, 07:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Alim McNeil is one of my favorite players in the draft.  I really hope we look at him especially if we go to a 3-4.  Even if we stay a 4-3 him and Hamilton would be almost impossible to run against and would help the LBs a ton.  Would be like the Williams tandem the Vikings had a few years back

I'll take Tyler Shelvin for the record
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(12-22-2020, 03:37 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(12-21-2020, 07:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Alim McNeil is one of my favorite players in the draft.  I really hope we look at him especially if we go to a 3-4.  Even if we stay a 4-3 him and Hamilton would be almost impossible to run against and would help the LBs a ton.  Would be like the Williams tandem the Vikings had a few years back

I like Shelvin as well

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-22-2020, 03:37 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:

I love Shelvin, but he is a big, run stuffing NT type. When DaVon Hamilton was inserted as the starter, we finally started seeing an upswing in run defense. Then he got hurt and everything went to crap! I think he's a solid NT in any scheme we wanna run. IMO, I would look for a pass rushing interior lineman to pair next to Hamilton. Someone who could collapse the pocket. Shelvin just isn't much of a pass rusher. I'd prefer Jaylen Twyman, but we may not have a shot at him. That's why I'd like to make a run at Leonard Williams in free agency. We could play him at 3 technique in a 4-3 scheme or keep him as a 5 technique if we move to a 3-4 scheme. Personally, I'd love to see us hire a coach that would move to a 3-4 defense.

(12-22-2020, 05:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-22-2020, 03:37 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: I'll take Tyler Shelvin for the record

I love Shelvin, but he is a big, run stuffing NT type. When DaVon Hamilton was inserted as the starter, we finally started seeing an upswing in run defense. Then he got hurt and everything went to crap! I think he's a solid NT in any scheme we wanna run. IMO, I would look for a pass rushing interior lineman to pair next to Hamilton. Someone who could collapse the pocket. Shelvin just isn't much of a pass rusher. I'd prefer Jaylen Twyman, but we may not have a shot at him. That's why I'd like to make a run at Leonard Williams in free agency. We could play him at 3 technique in a 4-3 scheme or keep him as a 5 technique if we move to a 3-4 scheme. Personally, I'd love to see us hire a coach that would move to a 3-4 defense.

With our defensive personnel, a 3-4 base makes too much sense. It needs to happen.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(12-22-2020, 05:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-22-2020, 03:37 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: I'll take Tyler Shelvin for the record

I think we need to move to a 3 4 and we could slide Hamilton to DE.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.