Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Jaguars are now on the clock!

They didn't have much to say when they thought the jets were going 0-16 and Trevor was landing there.

I agree the NFL should change the draft position criteria, but it should be based on a rolling record of the team over the last three years, to stop things like the colts tanking one year and moving from one generational QB to the next. The Jags would have benefited heavily from that kind of system.

Of course, since the Jaguars got it under the current rules, so be it, bring on Trevor. He's going to love it here.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Mortensen is too old for twitter.

Lawrence with Robinson in the backfield, Chark, Shenault, Smith-Schuster at WR, Pitt at TE and an OC that knows what they are doing. That sounds like a freaking dream.

So close guys

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2020, 09:04 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(12-27-2020, 06:02 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: ESPN has just announced that they will open the 2021 NFL Draft with 20 minutes of commercials, followed by uninterrupted coverage until about the time that the Rams would pick if they hadn't traded their pick away.

lol this could be prophetic. Heck the pregame show might run over the first picks time slot. they are probably putting pressure on us to just go ahead and announce the pick before the draft.

(12-27-2020, 07:52 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: They didn't have much to say when they thought the jets were going 0-16 and Trevor was landing there.

I agree the NFL should change the draft position criteria, but it should be based on a rolling record of the team over the last three years, to stop things like the colts tanking one year and moving from one generational QB to the next. The Jags would have benefited heavily from that kind of system.

Of course, since the Jaguars got it under the current rules, so be it, bring on Trevor. He's going to love it here.

I like the current rules. The NBAs system is terrible and ripe for abuse.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(12-27-2020, 08:39 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
Lawrence with Robinson in the backfield, Chark, Shenault, Smith-Schuster at WR, Pitt at TE and an OC that knows what they are doing. That sounds like a freaking dream.

So close guys

Smith-Schuster at WR.. How would that happen???

So close guys
Hard pass on Juju for me.

Much rather pay AROB if Bears part with him.

(12-27-2020, 05:21 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Future prediction. ESPN Draft Day crew: "So we are going to go commercial before the No 1 pick though because there appears to be a trade in the works. We will let you know the details after this..."

Even if it happens, it's a nice problem to have.  If someone wants to overpay for the #1, then why not take advantage of that.

(12-27-2020, 09:20 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

So close guys

AROB is a no. 1 receiver

Chark is also a no. 1 receiver.

No chance they can coexist on the same roster. Juju is a textbook no.2 and I think he would fit nicely as well as bring some relevancy to Jacksonville

(12-27-2020, 05:53 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 05:20 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: The Jags have secured the #1 overall pick in the 2021 NFL draft. Lawrence maybe the Qb to return this team to greatness!

‘Return’???

LOL... my thoughts as well

The media’s tears are so delicious

(12-27-2020, 09:33 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 09:20 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Hard pass on Juju for me.

AROB is a no. 1 receiver

Chark is also a no. 1 receiver.

No chance they can coexist on the same roster. Juju is a textbook no.2 and I think he would fit nicely as well as bring some relevancy to Jacksonville

The Jags are fine at receiver, I definitely wouldn't pay big money to a free agent at that position. Reinforce the offensive line if possible, get Trevor, and spend some free agency money on the defensive line and a safety or two.

The Jaguars, with good coaching, a good draft, and a few key signings, can win the division next season.

No thanks on Juju, would much rather spend our money elsewhere.

Imagine Cole with a competent staff and a great QB. Add Chark, LS and maybe a 2nd or 3rd round WR were set. Go OLine with other first round and second rounders

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2020, 11:12 PM by JagFan81.)

(12-27-2020, 09:18 PM)MJonesD_32 Wrote:

So close guys

Smith-Schuster at WR.. How would that happen???

Hes a free agent after this season and with the amount of cap we have we could possibly get him. Wouldnt break the bank for him but could afford him for 2-3 years while rebuilding other parts and give Lawrence a lot of weapons

(12-27-2020, 09:58 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Imagine Cole with a competent staff and a great QB. Add Chark, LS and maybe a 2nd or 3rd round WR were set. Go OLine with other first round and second rounders

Im really liking Shenault. Got some real potential there and can do so much. Hopefully the new staff can actually scheme plays for him and really use him as a weapon. He could be a real playmaker

(12-27-2020, 09:20 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

So close guys

Thats fair. Robinson has quietly had some solid seasons in Chicago and still hasnt had a proper QB. Would he want to come back?

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2020, 11:20 PM by jaguarmvp.)

Jags need to get Lawerence and then put a ton of money in Free agency for the offensive line. Dump Cam Robinon as well

Rome was not built in a day. The team needs to concentrate on shoring up the offense and then next year secure the defense. Lots of money needs to be spent to fill the voids in this team.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2020, 11:30 PM by Jag88.)

On a side note. The titans are getting the beat down vs the packers. It looks like the entire division lost today, but we won the first round pick haha

Anyways, we need o-line help and cb help. The wrs are nice already.

Also, a good  defensive coordinator for once

(This post was last modified: 12-27-2020, 11:35 PM by Eric1.)

(12-27-2020, 11:10 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 09:18 PM)MJonesD_32 Wrote: Smith-Schuster at WR.. How would that happen???

Hes a free agent after this season and with the amount of cap we have we could possibly get him. Wouldnt break the bank for him but could afford him for 2-3 years while rebuilding other parts and give Lawrence a lot of weapons

(12-27-2020, 09:58 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Imagine Cole with a competent staff and a great QB. Add Chark, LS and maybe a 2nd or 3rd round WR were set. Go OLine with other first round and second rounders

Im really liking Shenault. Got some real potential there and can do so much. Hopefully the new staff can actually scheme plays for him and really use him as a weapon. He could be a real playmaker

Smith-Schusters production dropped big time after AB left. I wouldn't sign him, somebody is going to pay overpay him in FA and hopefully it's not us.

If we're going to throw money at a WR in the off season, it's Allen Robinson or bust imo.

Conley and Cole are both FAs this off season. I'd re-sign Cole to a friendly deal. I don't think he'll command too much on the market and he already said he wants to be here. Would let Conley walk.

Chark will be a FA after next season. We either pay him this off season or next off season, but we must keep him.

Draft a WR in the 3rd/4th round (not if they sign ARob though).

Go into the season with Chark, Shenault, Cole, Collin Johnson, rookie WR (or ARob). I'd feel fine with that WR group, especially if they brought Robinson back.

TE is a different story though. The group of FA TEs is pretty slim after Hunter Henry.

(12-27-2020, 11:34 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 11:10 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Hes a free agent after this season and with the amount of cap we have we could possibly get him. Wouldnt break the bank for him but could afford him for 2-3 years while rebuilding other parts and give Lawrence a lot of weapons

Smith-Schusters production dropped big time after AB left. I wouldn't sign him, somebody is going to pay overpay him in FA and hopefully it's not us.

If we're going to throw money at a WR in the off season, it's Allen Robinson or bust imo.

Conley and Cole are both FAs this off season. I'd re-sign Cole to a friendly deal. I don't think he'll command too much on the market and he already said he wants to be here. Would let Conley walk.

Chark will be a FA after next season. We either pay him this off season or next off season, but we must keep him.

Draft a WR in the 3rd/4th round (not if they sign ARob though).

Go into the season with Chark, Shenault, Cole, Collin Johnson, rookie WR (or ARob). I'd feel fine with that WR group, especially if they brought Robinson back.

TE is a different story though. The group of FA TEs is pretty slim after Hunter Henry.

I agree with a lot of what you say. I agree when Smith-Schuster was the #1 his production dropped but that was mainly due to him being the only weapon at WR and teams just doubled him. Roethlisberger threw elsewhere. I think he could be a solid addition and i just want as many weapons as possible. Id love Hunter Henry although hes struggled with injuries lately. Really good TE.

With Robinson, in many ways id love him back but i just cant see it right now. A new staff may make it feel different and with Lawrence. 

Conley can go, way too many drops, Cole has had a solid season with the QB carousel. Id keep him as a 4th/5th and maybe KR. 

I just think with all that cap, we wont fix everything in one draft and FA, maybe not even 2 but i think the new GM, with Lawrence will make a marquee signing or two. We always win the off season!

For offense, I would upgrade quarterback (obviously), left tackle and tight end.  For defense, I would definitely upgrade defensive line and safety with cornerback also a possibility.  I just think we have higher priorities than wide receiver.  We have two rookies who I expect to take a step up next season and I'm interested in how all of our receivers perform with a better quarterback.  I would re-sign Cole (assuming his price is reasonable) and would look for depth with one of our fourth round picks.  I let Conley and Westbrook go.