Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How Vulnerable is the Division in 2021?

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2021, 10:05 PM by Bullseye.)

(02-08-2021, 02:43 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-08-2021, 10:40 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Assuming good health, with the right coaching and surrounding talent, he could be very good, as evidenced by his 2017 year.  Had he not been injured, he may have been in the running for league MVP.

In indy, he could get the good coaching and surrounding cast.

I don't know how healthy he is, and right now I don't know where his head is at.

To me, those odds are too good for a rebound for Wentz and a long term QB solution for the Colts if they get Wentz.

I see Wentz as a direct reflection of Kaep. Shined early, got figured out, looked below average. Add injury to the mix, I don't like his outlook. I hope Indy does trade for him though.

But his injury happened late in 2017-when he was a league MVP candidate.  Nobody had figured him out yet.

Now when he came back from the injury, there was enough going wrong with him and around him to certainly argue he lost his effectiveness as a player.

But at this stage, I'm not prepared to say he is finished or that whatever damage he suffered to his knee or his psyche is irreparable.

I think Reich is a good enough coach and knows Wentz and the position well enough, and has enough young viable talent to put around him to resurrect Wentz' career.

(02-08-2021, 02:59 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-08-2021, 02:43 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I see Wentz as a direct reflection of Kaep. Shined early, got figured out, looked below average. Add injury to the mix, I don't like his outlook. I hope Indy does trade for him though.

I don't think him getting figured out has anything to do with it at all.  That guy had/has a serious case of the Gabberts.  He was so gun-shy last year it was incredible.  He started hearing footsteps when there were none there.

What I've been seeing the last few days is Wentz going to Chicago.  If Wentz doesn't get his [BLEEP] together, is that really a big upgrade from Trubisky?  And they'd have to trade for him no less.

Maybe.

But the Colts have enough going for them to fix Wentz, if Wentz is fixable.  If they fix him, they have stabilized the position for years.  They are the last team to deserve that.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Messages In This Thread
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 02-08-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: How Vulnerable is the Division in 2021? - by Bullseye - 02-08-2021, 10:04 PM