Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Joe Biden's America

(02-27-2021, 03:19 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Good Lord....

Yikes.
https://t.co/WpJl3095Fl

And you are still supposed to believe that he got more votes than Trump and far surpassed the number of votes for Obama.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Has there been a worse 1st month of a presidency in this country's history?

(02-27-2021, 06:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Has there been a worse 1st month of a presidency in this country's history?

Lincoln's first month resulted in a shooting war. Biden doesn't appear to be far behind.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Good deal here if you are a federal employee.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamandrzej...o-21k/amp/

[Image: FB-IMG-1614482788415.jpg]

(02-27-2021, 11:27 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [Image: FB-IMG-1614482788415.jpg]

Thinking of the investment stock market thread, if this were to happen, maybe I should invest into tide pods, rope and razor blades lolol

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

"It's pretty wild that "the Governor who dressed up as a klansman and thought killing babies after they'd been born was okay" is like the third or fourth worst Democrat governor in the country"

I don't know where else to put this, but it's JBs world that this happened so.... This is a comment I saw regarding the video where Rand Paul questions Levine on genital mutilation and how he plans to approach that in allowing minors to become transgender. And if you don't know who Mengele is look him up. He was a monster.

"If "transgender medicine" is not the medical castration of perfectly healthy children then I guess Mengele was a humanitarian providing health care 4 twins."

40 days in office with no press conference.

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2021, 08:11 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-27-2021, 11:27 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [Image: FB-IMG-1614482788415.jpg]

No. It would be a nightmare!

(03-01-2021, 08:06 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: 40 days in office with no press conference.

Good. I don't care to hear ANY president speak.

(03-01-2021, 08:06 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: 40 days in office with no press conference.
 No one wants to hear from a pedophile that was placed in office by nefarious methods.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Six Dr. Seuss books, including Scrambled Eggs Super! and If I Ran the Zoo, will stop being published because of 'racist and insensitive imagery' after Biden dropped author from Read Across America Day

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...1ZUIuYBN60
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(03-02-2021, 11:21 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Six Dr. Seuss books, including Scrambled Eggs Super! and If I Ran the Zoo, will stop being published because of 'racist and insensitive imagery' after Biden dropped author from Read Across America Day

Biden is a Seuss character.. He's a flippity flop with hairy legs who likes to use his schnoz to snortity snuck the children of schnoztown.. Hide Cindy Lou..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(03-02-2021, 11:21 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Six Dr. Seuss books, including Scrambled Eggs Super! and If I Ran the Zoo, will stop being published because of 'racist and insensitive imagery' after Biden dropped author from Read Across America Day

So odd that they are starting to purge their fellow travelers.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

How many people thought cancel culture was a product of the Trump administration and it would magically go away when he was no longer in office?

(03-02-2021, 01:56 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: How many people thought cancel culture was a product of the Trump administration and it would magically go away when he was no longer in office?

Trump wasn't the target, America was.

(03-02-2021, 01:56 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: How many people thought cancel culture was a product of the Trump administration and it would magically go away when he was no longer in office?

Cancel culture had nothing to do with Trump. That is one thing I can't blame him for. It's overly sensitive, thin skinned, millennials who were raised thinking the world should give them everything they want. When they see anything that touches a nerve, they demand that it must "go away".

We used to live in a world somewhere between how Trump acted and how millennials act. I long to go back to those days. You know, when people were kind to each other, but everyone recognized that the world wasn't perfect and bad things happen. Instead of getting riled up over every little thing, they had the intestinal fortitude to look past certain incidents and carry on with their lives.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2021, 04:16 PM by homebiscuit.)

Dr. Seuss is canceled for other sins:

The Cat is Out of the Bag: Orientalism, Anti-Blackness, and White Supremacy in Dr. Seuss's Children's Books (stkate.edu)

...Background

Seuss’ History Publishing Racist Works

In the 1920s, Dr. Seuss published anti-Black and anti-Semitic cartoons in Dartmouth’s
humor magazine, the Jack-O-Lantern. He depicted a Jewish couple (captioned “the Cohen’s”)
with oversized noses and Jewish merchants on a football field with “Quarterback Mosenblum”
refusing to relinquish the ball until a bargain price as been established for the goods being sold
(Cohen 208). In the same issue of Jack-O-Lantern, Seuss drew Black male boxers as gorillas.
His cartoons, advertisements, and writings often exhibited explicit anti-Black racism. He
consistently portrayed Africans and African Americans as monkeys and cannibals—often
holding spears, surrounded by flies, and wearing grass skirts. In Judge magazine and College
Research on Diversity in Youth Literature, Vol. 1, Iss. 2 [2019], Art. 4
https://sophia.stkate.edu/rdyl/vol1/iss2/4
Humor, he published over a dozen cartoons depicting Black people as monkeys and repeatedly
captioned them as “n*ggers” (Cohen 212-13). For example, a cartoon Seuss made for Judge
magazine in 1929 depicts a group of thick-lipped Black men up for sale to White men. The sign
above them reads: “Take Home A High-Grade N*gger For Your Wood Pile” (Cohen 213). Other
captions he used with his images of Black people included: “Disgusted wife: ‘You hold a job,
Worthless? Say, n*gger, when you hold a job a week, mosquitos will brush their teeth with Flit
and like it!’” (Cohen 213) and “My, my, n*gger, what an impression youse goin’ to make when
you deliver this here wash to my clients” (Cohen 212). In 1928, in the first ever artwork that he
signed as “Dr. Seuss,” he drew a racist cartoon of a Japanese woman and children. The caption
spells the word “children” as “childlen,” which reflects the stereotype that Japanese people can’t
say their “R’s” (Cohen 86). Seuss’ racist depictions of Japanese people has been rationalized by
Seuss scholars as “war hysteria,” but this cartoon precedes his anti-Japanese propaganda during
World War II by over a decade. The same year, he launched the seventeen-year advertising
campaign he created for Flit insecticide that first made him famous (Nel, “Dr. Seuss” 6). Many
of these Flit ads featured racist and xenophobic depictions of Arabs, Muslims, and Black people
as caricatures or monkeys in subservient positions to White men...

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2021, 04:30 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(03-02-2021, 04:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Dr. Seuss is canceled for other sins:

The Cat is Out of the Bag: Orientalism, Anti-Blackness, and White Supremacy in Dr. Seuss's Children's Books (stkate.edu)

...Background

In the 1920s, Dr. Seuss published anti-Black and anti-Semitic cartoons in Dartmouth’s
humor magazine, the Jack-O-Lantern. He depicted a Jewish couple (captioned “the Cohen’s”)
with oversized noses and Jewish merchants on a football field with “Quarterback Mosenblum”
refusing to relinquish the ball until a bargain price as been established for the goods being sold
(Cohen 208). In the same issue of Jack-O-Lantern, Seuss drew Black male boxers as gorillas.
His cartoons, advertisements, and writings often exhibited explicit anti-Black racism. He
consistently portrayed Africans and African Americans as monkeys and cannibals—often
holding spears, surrounded by flies, and wearing grass skirts. In Judge magazine and College
Humor, he published over a dozen cartoons depicting Black people as monkeys and repeatedly
captioned them as “n*ggers” (Cohen 212-13). For example, a cartoon Seuss made for Judge
magazine in 1929 depicts a group of thick-lipped Black men up for sale to White men. The sign
above them reads: “Take Home A High-Grade N*gger For Your Wood Pile” (Cohen 213). Other
captions he used with his images of Black people included: “Disgusted wife: ‘You hold a job,
Worthless? Say, n*gger, when you hold a job a week, mosquitos will brush their teeth with Flit
and like it!’” (Cohen 213) and “My, my, n*gger, what an impression youse goin’ to make when
you deliver this here wash to my clients” (Cohen 212). In 1928, in the first ever artwork that he
signed as “Dr. Seuss,” he drew a racist cartoon of a Japanese woman and children. The caption
spells the word “children” as “childlen,” which reflects the stereotype that Japanese people can’t
say their “R’s” (Cohen 86). Seuss’ racist depictions of Japanese people has been rationalized by
Seuss scholars as “war hysteria,” but this cartoon precedes his anti-Japanese propaganda during
World War II by over a decade. The same year, he launched the seventeen-year advertising
campaign he created for Flit insecticide that first made him famous (Nel, “Dr. Seuss” 6). Many
of these Flit ads featured racist and xenophobic depictions of Arabs, Muslims, and Black people

All Fords will now be banned because Henry Ford was anti-Semitic during a time when if you weren't anti-Semitic you were labeled as strange and out of touch.

And btw, none of his models were named ANY DRIVER BUT DA JEWS

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2021, 06:18 PM by mikesez.)

(03-02-2021, 04:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Dr. Seuss is canceled for other sins:

...Background

Nobody remembers Flit insecticide.
Dr Seuss is not remembered for insecticide advertisements in the 1920s.
He's remembered for children books that he wrote starting in the 1930s, but really his best remembered book, the Grinch, was published in 1947.
And he's remembered for The Sneeches, an explicitly anti-racism book.
Now, in the context of a high school level American history class, it would be appropriate to show these racist cartoons from a well-known artist, to show how pervasive racism was in the 1920s.
Teaching about these very obscure and very old cartoons is not appropriate in any other context.  No one is perfect, and we need to overlook the mistakes of great figures like Dr. seuss, to redeem their stories.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.