Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Joe Biden's America

(07-06-2021, 05:10 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(07-06-2021, 04:08 PM)Dimson Wrote: Oz.

Oz was a great series, but really difficult to get through at some points.. Sometimes, I felt like a child, holding my hands over my eyes  Sick Sick Sick

And i can never look at the guy who does the Farmers commericals the same, ever again..

No kidding. The show was good but damn. A little too much for me. I never got through the whole series back in the day and have no interest in watching it now but the first couple of seasons were good. Very unique for its time.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-07-2021, 08:18 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Go Chicago. 

Chicago university student dies after hit by stray bullet while riding train home from internship | Fox News

You are a white supremacist if you don't think Lori Lightfoot is doing a good job.

(07-07-2021, 08:29 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-07-2021, 08:18 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Go Chicago. 

Chicago university student dies after hit by stray bullet while riding train home from internship | Fox News

You are a white supremacist if you don't think Lori Lightfoot is doing a good job.

And she's not doing a good job because of White Supremacy.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 07-09-2021, 01:10 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Go to the light Carol Ann

[Image: 20210709-130938.jpg]

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/562...-it-or-not

For vice president, Kamala Harris checked all the boxes. But just because she made perfect political sense as President Biden’s running mate did not mean her elevation would work out for the Democrats. So far, the reviews are not good. But, barring a political Chernobyl, the Democratic Party is stuck with her as its nominee in 2024 or 2028.”

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2021, 08:00 AM by homebiscuit.)

The DNC's official media arm, the AP, attempts to explain Biden's creepy whispering episodes as "rhetorical flourish".

Listen up: Biden speaks volumes in a whisper to make a point (apnews.com)

(07-12-2021, 06:22 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/562...-it-or-not

For vice president, Kamala Harris checked all the boxes. But just because she made perfect political sense as President Biden’s running mate did not mean her elevation would work out for the Democrats. So far, the reviews are not good. But, barring a political Chernobyl, the Democratic Party is stuck with her as its nominee in 2024 or 2028.”

The only box she checked was being 'black'.. That's it.. That's all Corn Pop wanted..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(07-12-2021, 08:04 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 06:22 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/562...-it-or-not

The only box she checked was being 'black'.. That's it.. That's all Corn Pop wanted..

Nah.

Female as well.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(07-12-2021, 08:33 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 08:04 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: The only box she checked was being 'black'.. That's it.. That's all Corn Pop wanted..

Nah.

Female as well.

Depending on the election, she checks the Indian box too.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I will say I approve of his making non-compete's pretty much unenforceable. It's pretty un-American to tell someone they can't work in an industry just because you worked in the same industry.

I'm skeptical. Almost every time something looks good on paper for the individual, it ends up benefitting large corporations.

(07-12-2021, 12:45 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I will say I approve of his making non-compete's pretty much unenforceable. It's pretty un-American to tell someone they can't work in an industry just because you worked in the same industry.

Non competes keep people from taking customers mostly.

(07-12-2021, 12:52 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 12:45 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I will say I approve of his making non-compete's pretty much unenforceable. It's pretty un-American to tell someone they can't work in an industry just because you worked in the same industry.

Maybe that's why they started.. but not anymore and plus... there are ways to safeguard that information with other legal documents (it can be considered fraud if you can prove the customer information is worth a monetary value) without telling the employee you can't work in the industry for 2 years.

Now around 60% of all companies have some kind of version of a non-compete. From sandwich shops to real estate companies.

(07-12-2021, 12:56 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 12:52 PM)Dimson Wrote: Non competes keep people from taking customers mostly.

Maybe that's why they started.. but not anymore and plus... there are ways to safeguard that information with other legal documents (it can be considered fraud if you can prove the customer information is worth a monetary value) without telling the employee you can't work in the industry for 2 years.

Now around 60% of all companies have some kind of version of a non-compete. From sandwich shops to real estate companies.

I have never had to deal with a non-compete. Then again I am just a lowly peon, lol.

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2021, 01:16 PM by p_rushing.)

(07-12-2021, 12:52 PM)Dimson Wrote:

(07-12-2021, 12:56 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 12:52 PM)Dimson Wrote: Non competes keep people from taking customers mostly.

(07-12-2021, 01:07 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 12:56 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Maybe that's why they started.. but not anymore and plus... there are ways to safeguard that information with other legal documents (it can be considered fraud if you can prove the customer information is worth a monetary value) without telling the employee you can't work in the industry for 2 years.

I have never had to deal with a non-compete. Then again I am just a lowly peon, lol.

While non-competes are designed to keep you from voluntarily leaving and taking customers and/or employees with you, they are very hard to enforce. Most good lawyers could get them thrown out or companies know how to work around them. You can let people you have a personal relationship know what you are doing or have a 3rd party react out as long as you don't do it directly. Generally they don't keep you from an industry, it's normally just an area. A company can't say you can't work in the entire country and keep it enforceable. You also can't keep things in people's heads when they leave, so unless you have a patent on something you are basically out of luck.

Our non-competes are based on time and geography, mostly because healthcare is a neighborhood business.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-12-2021, 01:17 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Our non-competes are based on time and geography, mostly because healthcare is a neighborhood business.

Most people that have non-competes nowadays aren't like they were back in the day when they could just move. So being told you can't work within a geographic location for such and such time means a hard time finding a job.

Now people making less than 40k are getting slapped with them... and the way some employers do it feels like coercion.. and most people making 40k or lower don't have the kind of lawyers an employer would have... plus they don't want to lose their jobs.