Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Joe Biden's America

(04-16-2021, 06:13 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Good God man

“You got a Japanese boy coming over here" to win the Masters https://t.co/UOcbRR8KNr

Let's wait for the liberal meltdown on that one..

...  Hello? Useless Anti-Americans? Where are you?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not sure how it is in other parts of the country or even other parts of Jacksonville, but around where I live, every single business I visit is pretty much begging to hire help and, we all know looking at the unemployment numbers, that there isn't a shortage of labor supply. Just a few I can remember off of the top of my head the last 2 days: car dealership, gas station, BBQ restaurant, sushi restaurant.

(04-17-2021, 08:46 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: Not sure how it is in other parts of the country or even other parts of Jacksonville, but around where I live, every single business I visit is pretty much begging to hire help and, we all know looking at the unemployment numbers, that there isn't a shortage of labor supply.  Just a few I can remember off of the top of my head the last 2 days: car dealership, gas station, BBQ restaurant, sushi restaurant.

Every restaurant I go to is hiring as well.

With current unemployment benefits and stimulus payments, and eviction moratoriums, there is no need to work entry level jobs. This is all part of the bigger picture for UBI.

(04-17-2021, 08:58 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(04-17-2021, 08:46 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: Not sure how it is in other parts of the country or even other parts of Jacksonville, but around where I live, every single business I visit is pretty much begging to hire help and, we all know looking at the unemployment numbers, that there isn't a shortage of labor supply.  Just a few I can remember off of the top of my head the last 2 days: car dealership, gas station, BBQ restaurant, sushi restaurant.

Every restaurant I go to is hiring as well.

With current unemployment benefits and stimulus payments, and eviction moratoriums, there is no need to work entry level jobs. This is all part of the bigger picture for UBI.

Benefits like unemployment and disability evaporate if you take an entry-level job.
UBI would be a benefit for everyone, job or not.
UBI would have a much less impact on the job market than enhanced unemployment.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(04-17-2021, 02:04 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-17-2021, 08:58 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Every restaurant I go to is hiring as well.

Benefits like unemployment and disability evaporate if you take an entry-level job.

Regarding the part in bold, that's the problem.  People are lazy for one thing, and some expect entry-level jobs to be a "career" and pay a "living wage".

As far as the rest of your blathering, UBI is nothing more than wealth transfer.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Some wealth transfer is going to have to take place in America. Things are becoming unbalanced (and probably have been for about 20 years). It's just difficult to accomplish without sending the wealth out of the country or becoming tyrannical.

(04-17-2021, 02:04 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-17-2021, 08:58 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Every restaurant I go to is hiring as well.

Your first comment simply proves my point.  The rest of your comment reminds me of the scene from Billy Madison.

(04-17-2021, 05:38 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(04-17-2021, 02:04 PM)mikesez Wrote: Benefits like unemployment and disability evaporate if you take an entry-level job.

Your first comment simply proves my point.  The rest of your comment reminds me of the scene from Billy Madison.

It's OK, I don't award you any points either.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

They tried to pretend Slow Joe played golf today. That guy couldn't make it through 2 holes without dying.

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2021, 09:26 PM by Jags.)

(04-17-2021, 06:58 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: They tried to pretend Slow Joe played golf today. That guy couldn't make it through 2 holes without dying.

Probably would cause an unhealthy decrease in blood pressure.

Where I live in NC almost every grocery store, retail and fast food business is hiring. I got word our local movie theater is going to finally open back up soon. They've been shut down for a year now so they'll be hiring. We're a small community so we don't have large or corporate businesses outside of the aforementioned.

Wow.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/maxine-...floyd-case

This country needs an enema.

(04-18-2021, 08:28 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Wow.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/maxine-...floyd-case

This country needs an enema.

Arrest her on charges of inciting a riot. She's done way more in that regard that the guy they tried to impeach.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Rules don't apply to democrats, bro. She's just encouraging "peaceful" protests that will be more violent than anything that happened on January 6th. Won't move the needle for those who won't open their eyes, though.

(04-18-2021, 11:16 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Rules don't apply to democrats, bro. She's just encouraging "peaceful" protests that will be more violent than anything that happened on January 6th. Won't move the needle for those who won't open their eyes, though.

I really wish they would try this type of thing in Florida.

Kroger followed through on their promise. This is what happens when government attempts to dictate to private industry what it must pay. Now these people are out of work and will potentially be dipping into the pockets of the local government which caused their loss of employment. Not to mention the loss of tax revenue to the city. 

The Long Beach city government are stone cold idiots. 

Kroger closes 2 Southern California stores over $4 per hour 'hero pay' ordinance | Fox Business

(04-18-2021, 11:48 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Kroger followed through on their promise. This is what happens when government attempts to dictate to private industry what it must pay. Now these people are out of work and will potentially be dipping into the pockets of the local government which caused their loss of employment. Not to mention the loss of tax revenue to the city. 

Kroger closes 2 Southern California stores over $4 per hour 'hero pay' ordinance | Fox Business

It's a perfect example of what will happen on a widespread basis if the minimum wage goes up to $15.

(04-18-2021, 11:48 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Kroger followed through on their promise. This is what happens when government attempts to dictate to private industry what it must pay. Now these people are out of work and will potentially be dipping into the pockets of the local government which caused their loss of employment. Not to mention the loss of tax revenue to the city. 

How people don’t see this is what will happen, I’ll never know.

I was in Walmart this week and they remodeled the store to be all self checkout except four lanes, none of which were open. Christmas is going to be a nightmare!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Huh... that's odd. They seemed to be such defenders of the people when they were lobbying for a minimum wage increase. I bet the people who bought into that kind of thing sure feel stupid. It must be frustrating to admit they are being manipulated by massive corporations.

(04-18-2021, 01:01 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

How people don’t see this is what will happen, I’ll never know.

I was in Walmart this week and they remodeled the store to be all self checkout except four lanes, none of which were open. Christmas is going to be a nightmare!

Joe is ahead of the game. Better learn to code to accommodate all the automation that's coming soon. Burger flipping robots have been perfected. True story.