Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Joe Biden's America

(08-16-2021, 05:44 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 01:50 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Nope.  The wheel wells are not pressurized or climate controlled.  If hypothermia doesn't get you within the first minute or so, you will basically suffocate once the aircraft climbs above 10,000 feet.

(08-16-2021, 02:01 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: As JIB says, the wheel wells and pressurized portions of the aircraft are separated, and quite robustly because of the pressure bulkhead.

What you are proposing is on par with claiming you can climb inside your car through the engine compartment.

I know you don't agree with political views but I don't state things as fact that can't be backed up. Plenty of people have survived and even for long flights. Expand your knowledge base and don't trust just because they said it can't be done.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wh...ay_flights

In other words, you were full of [BLEEP] when you talked about "making it into the cargo hold".  Just because some people perhaps survived it, most likely a person stowing away in a wheel well will not make it.  You are talking very cold temperatures and very thin air.

There is absolutely no way to "make it to the cargo hold" from the wheel well from a modern aircraft.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-16-2021, 06:13 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 05:53 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'm not debating whether some people have survived stowing away in a wheel well. I'm challenging your assertion that people can get into the cargo hold through the wheel well. They cannot.

A stowaway could not but someone prepared too could but at the same time depressurization alarms would go off. Getting into the cargo hold is the only way to ensure survival, you just can't easily do it. The equipment needed would be hard to sneak on to an airport and make it into a wheel well before takeoff.

Mikesez, is that you?

(08-16-2021, 06:33 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 06:13 PM)p_rushing Wrote: A stowaway could not but someone prepared too could but at the same time depressurization alarms would go off. Getting into the cargo hold is the only way to ensure survival, you just can't easily do it. The equipment needed would be hard to sneak on to an airport and make it into a wheel well before takeoff.

Mikesez, is that you?

In short, anyone who can sneak past security onto the airport grounds and into the gate area, climb into a wheel-well (unnoticed by ground crew, passengers looking out the window, etc.) is small enough and lucky enough to be in the right position to avoid being crushed when the landing gear is retracted and has a cordless sawzall, could possibly access the cargo hold (though the breech would trigger alarms).
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(08-16-2021, 06:54 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 06:33 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Mikesez, is that you?

In short, anyone who can sneak past security onto the airport grounds and into the gate area, climb into a wheel-well (unnoticed by ground crew, passengers looking out the window, etc.) is small enough and lucky enough to be in the right position to avoid being crushed when the landing gear is retracted and has a cordless sawzall, could possibly access the cargo hold (though the breech would trigger alarms).

You Floridians keep calling it a “sawzall”. Ugh, it’s a reciprocating saw.  And he’d need a hole in order to get the “sawzall” through in order to make his cuts. He may also need a hole saw to get him going.  Along with other more important things, like oxygen and heat.

Happens allll the time.

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2021, 07:06 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

What ever happened to being a hobo and jumping on a freight  train?  Sure, if on an island, you won’t go far.  But if I needed to travel a ways to get away unseen and under the radar, I may have to give that a go.  But, I also don’t plan on ditching my cell phone and murdering anyone to need to try that. But, they also say that the best laid plans of mice and men oft go awry.  So who knows!  I very well could find myself  on one.

(08-16-2021, 07:01 PM)Jags Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 06:54 PM)Sneakers Wrote: In short, anyone who can sneak past security onto the airport grounds and into the gate area, climb into a wheel-well (unnoticed by ground crew, passengers looking out the window, etc.) is small enough and lucky enough to be in the right position to avoid being crushed when the landing gear is retracted and has a cordless sawzall, could possibly access the cargo hold (though the breech would trigger alarms).

You Floridians keep calling it a “sawzall”. Ugh, it’s a reciprocating saw.  And he’d need a hole in order to get the “sawzall” through in order to make his cuts. He may also need a hole saw to get him going.  Along with other more important things, like oxygen and heat.

Portable torch with mapp gas would be easier but not sure on the size needed to melt a hole or what access panels are in the wheel well. The reciprocating saw is great for demo but like you said you can't start the demo without making a hole. I believe there is also an inner lining of steel but don't know if you have the outer lay inside in the wheel well.

If you have all that you can afford to buy a ticket.

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2021, 07:34 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

Worker shortages are about to get worse. 

Biden Administration Implements Largest Food Stamps Increase in History (msn.com)

You can make a plunge cut with a sawzall. Just saying

(08-16-2021, 08:04 PM)snaxdelrio Wrote: You can make a plunge cut with a sawzall. Just saying

You “could”.  Not like that is what is really made to do. Besides. Shortly after take off his extension cord would have been ripped out of the outlet, duh!

[Image: mr-bean-too-easy.gif]

I'm serious! Get you a nice thick metal blade, put it on backwards and go to town! You could rip right through aluminum no problemo if you find yourself in a con-air senario

Throw in a plasma cutter and you'll be in there like swimwear.

The wheel well is not pressurized.
The cargo hold is.
If you cut a hole between the two of them, now neither is pressurized.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(08-16-2021, 09:55 PM)mikesez Wrote: The wheel well is not pressurized.
The cargo hold is.

That's why you have to bring the duct tape

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2021, 10:26 PM by homebiscuit. Edited 2 times in total.)

(08-16-2021, 09:58 PM)snaxdelrio Wrote:
The cargo hold is.

That's why you have to bring the duct tape

Some backup oxygen doesn't hurt either. You know, just in case.

The worst is when you're halfway into takeoff and realize you've forgotten the plasma cutter so you have to deplane and catch the next flight. 

https://youtu.be/HB1clLGlTkw

(08-16-2021, 08:39 PM)Jags Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 08:04 PM)snaxdelrio Wrote: You can make a plunge cut with a sawzall. Just saying

You “could”.  Not like that is what is really made to do. Besides. Shortly after take off his extension cord would have been ripped out of the outlet, duh!

[Image: mr-bean-too-easy.gif]
Plan ahead, plug into a seat outlet run extension cord. If you know what you are doing, cut wiring in wheel well and attach to cord.
The cargo hold is.
You could seal it up enough with all the luggage and cargo enough to last and keep oxygen. Something larger than the hole could block it. Plus Con-air there should be some type of access panel. Planes weren't designed to have to stop people from getting inside.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

These guys are getting ready for their plane ride

[Image: a50bafc3-629c-4995-a43e-847aa9445691-lar...2211267576]

(08-17-2021, 07:04 AM)Jags Wrote: These guys are getting ready for their plane ride

[Image: a50bafc3-629c-4995-a43e-847aa9445691-lar...2211267576]

And to vote democrat.

This is just the beginning. Taiwan is next. The Chinese smell blood in the water with this weak administration.

We need DeSantis in the worst possible way.

(08-17-2021, 07:36 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: This is just the beginning. Taiwan is next. The Chinese smell blood in the water with this weak administration.

We need DeSantis in the worst possible way.

This will no doubt embolden the Chinese but Taiwan has the support of a broad range of countries, not just the U.S.