Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stock Market under President Biden

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2021, 03:05 PM by JaG4LyFe.)

Hey [BLEEP] Zeus! I've bought a 7 layer dip over the past two days. What do you guys think I should use for the 8th topping?

(03-04-2021, 01:47 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: Thoughts on the new BUZZ ETF?  Tracks social media hype essentially.  Seems intriguing, and of course the GOAT day trader El Prez Dave Portnoy backs it.

I just sold off most of my gains in my tech ETF (kept initial investment in) and purchased some US energy ETFs as well as Walmart (seems to be at a discount).  I already hold Exxon and Exxon is this ETFs largest holding, but it has other entities to help me diversify within energy/oil.  I think US energy is going to continue to rise for at least the rest of the year.

I also purchased a small amount of Boeing during the downward spiral and that has had great returns for me, wish I had bought more.  Still considering it, although it's been hot this week, may wait for it to cool down.

Honestly? These pump and dumps are getting out of control as it is becoming really hard to corner the market...
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-04-2021, 03:03 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Hey [BLEEP] Zeus! I've bought a 7 layer dip over the past two days. What do you guys think I should use for the 8th topping?

OK, correct me if I'm wrong but 7 layer dip consists of refried beans, sour cream, avocado, cheese, onion, tomato, black olives.  Personally, I'd recommend as the 8th ingredient baby corn -- drain the can and throw this on as the 4th layer (above the avocado).  I never made 8 layer dip but I may get a little crazy with our next gathering and add the soon to be controversial 8th layer.  Haven't really done anything crazy since Covid-19 other than to perhaps watch the entire Kim's Convenience Netflix Series while binging on Paloma Drinks (Fresca & Tequila)

Boeing, Uber, and Carnival recommended by BofA (Bank of America). I tend to agree as I already hold shares of CCL and UBER and didn't dive into Boeing but have shares in the airline industry (UAL and LUV). We always use UBER in Mexico (instead of renting a vehicle which can be a pain internationally), which illustrates the Global potential of the company.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3669862-bo...t-the-open

(03-08-2021, 10:59 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Boeing, Uber, and Carnival recommended by BofA (Bank of America).  I tend to agree as I already hold shares of CCL and UBER and didn't dive into Boeing but have shares in the airline industry (UAL and LUV).  We always use UBER in Mexico (instead of renting a vehicle which can be a pain internationally), which illustrates the Global potential of the company.

JIB always laughed at CCL at $15.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2021, 11:20 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(03-08-2021, 11:04 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 10:59 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Boeing, Uber, and Carnival recommended by BofA (Bank of America).  I tend to agree as I already hold shares of CCL and UBER and didn't dive into Boeing but have shares in the airline industry (UAL and LUV).  We always use UBER in Mexico (instead of renting a vehicle which can be a pain internationally), which illustrates the Global potential of the company.

JIB always laughed at CCL at $15.

If you look at the 5-year trend, they have been a $45 to $65 dollar stock.  Everybody is so pumped to travel that they will be able to name their price in a year or two.  I bet their stock goes up by at least 50% by June-2022.  That would be a price of $40/share (at least)

https://www.google.com/search?q=ccl+stoc...e&ie=UTF-8

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2021, 11:30 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(03-08-2021, 11:16 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 11:04 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: JIB always laughed at CCL at $15.

If you look at the 5-year trend, they have been a $45 to $65 dollar stock.  Everybody is so pumped to travel that they will be able to name their price in a year or two.  I bet their stock goes up by at least 50% by June-2022.  That would be a price of $40/share (at least)

I simply used instinct and common sense when deciding to invest in CCL during the dip.

Not sure if I agree with the "naming your price" thing in 2 years, especially for a budget line like Carnival. Trying to make up lost revenue while gouging customers who are already facing financial hardship (thanks Biden) doesn't seen like the most savvy business move.

Edit: Also, the changes cruises need to make moving forward will be interesting, specifically from the buffet approach.

(03-08-2021, 11:27 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 11:16 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: If you look at the 5-year trend, they have been a $45 to $65 dollar stock.  Everybody is so pumped to travel that they will be able to name their price in a year or two.  I bet their stock goes up by at least 50% by June-2022.  That would be a price of $40/share (at least)

I simply used instinct and common sense when deciding to invest in CCL during the dip.

Not sure if I agree with the "naming your price" thing in 2 years, especially for a budget line like Carnival. Trying to make up lost revenue while gouging customers who are already facing financial hardship (thanks Biden) doesn't seen like the most savvy business move.

Edit: Also, the changes cruises need to make moving forward will be interesting, specifically from the buffet approach.

Agree --- I just meant perhaps a 10% increase in travel price for people that book in 2022 (once everyone is vaccinated and confident that their mid-2022 travel won't be interrupted).  I bought and sold CCL a number of times but I think this time it's the real deal and shouldn't encounter future setbacks of significance.

I just picked up more CCL, UAL and got in on MSGE for when the NYC entertainment market comes back.  I know last week a few analysts on MSNBC recommended MSGE and (for what it's worth) the others were all in agreement

GameStop doing GameStop things again today.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(03-08-2021, 12:24 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: GameStop doing GameStop things again today.

You still holding?

(03-08-2021, 01:09 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 12:24 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: GameStop doing GameStop things again today.

You still holding?

Psssh. Sold back during the first go round and bought back in when it was in the low 40’s. Banana

(03-08-2021, 01:30 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 01:09 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: You still holding?

Psssh. Sold back during the first go round and bought back in when it was in the low 40’s. Banana

How many shares@ 40? I have a micro position 5 shares @ 111

(03-08-2021, 01:38 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 01:30 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Psssh. Sold back during the first go round and bought back in when it was in the low 40’s. Banana

How many shares@ 40? I have a micro position 5 shares @ 111

Just 30...wasn’t sure what it was going to do back then. Lol

(03-08-2021, 01:42 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 01:38 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: How many shares@ 40? I have a micro position 5 shares @ 111

What's your exit strategy? Mines 9 fitty

(03-08-2021, 01:44 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 01:42 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: 30

What's your exit strategy? Mines 9 fitty

This will be my third time making money off this stock...so I figured I’d just take a wait and see approach this time. I’m curious to see where it goes. Lol

Lol at the thought of ones portfolio history ...
Buy GME
Sell GME
Buy GME
Sell GME
Buy GME
Sell GME

If it's not broke, don't fix it.

I just picked up TSLA at $569 and something called ENPH @ $132 --- never heard of ENPH but it has forecasts of +60% or greater increase.

.... anyone take a look at Nikola lately .... they are down to $14/share --- not even sure they have a product yet.... just concepts.

(03-08-2021, 05:03 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Lol at the thought of ones portfolio history ...
Buy GME
Sell GME
Buy GME
Sell GME
Buy GME
Sell GME

I just picked up TSLA at $569 and something called ENPH @ $132 --- never heard of ENPH but it has forecasts of +60% or greater increase.

.... anyone take a look at Nikola lately .... they are down to $14/share --- not even sure they have a product yet.... just concepts.

FCAC is the next CCIV.

(03-08-2021, 05:23 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 05:03 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Lol at the thought of ones portfolio history ...
Buy GME
Sell GME
Buy GME
Sell GME
Buy GME
Sell GME

FCAC is the next CCIV.

Thanks - I'll look into that one tonight.

LOL.  Day traders are amusing.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(03-08-2021, 08:25 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: LOL.  Day traders are amusing.

I'm actually more of a swing trader for this unique time period we have here.  I know, it's really amusing selling Square at $275 and rebuying it at $202.  It's even more amusing selling ROKU at $452, watching it drop 25% while jumping on UAL and watching it pop up 20%.

These past 13 months have presented enormous opportunities in the market.  One can adapt and prosper or one can sit back and feel content about 5%-10% annual returns.  I'm the former and you're the latter.  We're both happy so that's the key.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2021, 04:29 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(03-08-2021, 05:23 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 05:03 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I just picked up TSLA at $569 and something called ENPH @ $132 --- never heard of ENPH but it has forecasts of +60% or greater increase.
FCAC is the next CCIV.

Both of these bad boys are up 9% 19% and 13% respectively today  --- hopefully the share price above represented the bottom.

That said, never thought I'd regret not getting back into GME at $140 --- THE GIFT THAT KEEPS GIVING