Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Urban's Interesting Statement - O Line pretty good

(08-21-2021, 05:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-21-2021, 02:00 PM)Upper Wrote: You don't even need 5 stars on the oline, it's been proven that 5 solid average starters is perfectly good if you have a true franchise QB. What you really don't want is even one extremely weak link. That's drags down an offensive line more than anything.

5 average starters > 4 pro bowlers and 1 really bad starter. And unfortunately we have two really bad starters.

Totally agree. We have 2 average OG's, a good Center who can't stay healthy for a 16 game season and two terrible OT's.

Hey Caldwell lovers.  This is the Line that Dave Caldwell built.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-21-2021, 11:00 AM)Upper Wrote: Should have double dipped at OT this year. I would feel ten times better with Cosmi and Little instead of Etienne and Little.

I would be super nervous about rooks throwing "lookout" blocks on both ends. And I have to assume Meyer, Bevell and Baalke would say the same.

The sad truth is that we had a flawed foundation to build upon. As others have said, I think the strength of our line will be in the run/screen game for the short term. As we shift more to passing/finesse offense, we'll see the transition gradually shift out those guys that are more of a road grader type.

(08-23-2021, 08:26 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(08-21-2021, 11:00 AM)Upper Wrote: Should have double dipped at OT this year. I would feel ten times better with Cosmi and Little instead of Etienne and Little.

I would be super nervous about rooks throwing "lookout" blocks on both ends. And I have to assume Meyer, Bevell and Baalke would say the same.

I would be no more scared than putting Tlaw behind two proven very bad tackles like we are already doing lol.

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2021, 05:23 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-23-2021, 09:16 AM)Upper Wrote:
(08-23-2021, 08:26 AM)Mikey Wrote: I would be super nervous about rooks throwing "lookout" blocks on both ends. And I have to assume Meyer, Bevell and Baalke would say the same.

I would be no more scared than putting Tlaw behind two proven very bad tackles like we are already doing lol.
Freiermuth would of likely been the best player to take at the top of the 2nd if we were looking for a player to best help Lawrence

(08-21-2021, 07:32 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(08-21-2021, 05:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Totally agree. We have 2 average OG's, a good Center who can't stay healthy for a 16 game season and two terrible OT's.

Hey Caldwell lovers.  This is the Line that Dave Caldwell built.

Not a Caldwell lover, but the tackles weren't taken until Coughlin came aboard.

Granted, Caldwell DID take Joeckel, so he doesn't have clean hands, but Caldwell built the OL that got us to the AFC Championship.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I just don't get it. Almost every single fan knew we needed to improve the O-line, and it basically went unaddressed.

(08-23-2021, 09:32 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I just don't get it. Almost every single fan knew we needed to improve the O-line, and it basically went unaddressed.

Yes many of us wanted a tackle or two early in this draft.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Not repairing the OL is going to sink this offense and tire out the D. Teams like Indy and TN are just gonna kill us in the second half
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

I lobbied for FA $$ to be spent on pass pro (specifically OT and RG ) and for a high draft pick (25)

We got Little. Which is significant, but not enough given the pass pro issues leading to our current continued issues.

Welp... I do believe Bevell has plenty of plays ready to go that will not lay these issues as bare and naked as they currently appear. But it will have to be paired with better protection from the line in order to be significantly better. Fingers crossed.

The majority wanted Oline. It’s starting to show. We picked a [BLEEP] RB in the first and a CB with zero ball skills at 33. Just insane.

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2021, 11:32 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Should of taken Elijah Moore and Freiermuth. A WR that can get separation and our future at TE

https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/1...18817?s=20

I do not disagree w/ D-Roc here

(08-23-2021, 11:36 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: https://twitter.com/ashlynrsullivan/stat...78080?s=19

*facepalm* 

This o-line situation is looking rooooouuuggghhh.

(08-23-2021, 11:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-23-2021, 11:36 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: https://twitter.com/ashlynrsullivan/stat...78080?s=19

*facepalm* 

This o-line situation is looking rooooouuuggghhh.

Yup, pretty sure they called Linder's knee injury as "patella tendinitis" which could/likely will linger all season long. We can only hope it doesn't and/or gets any worse.

Urbs said Norwell (shoulder injury) is about a week away from coming back.

The Cam sprained ankle is something new that he must have suffered in the last practice.

Either way it's not a good look right now, no matter how you try and slice it.

Is it possible that Meyer still hasn’t quite taken his college hat off yet? When he evaluates our players is he comparing them to NFL players or college athletes, so he’s automatically sold on just physical traits and overlooked the necessity of actual football talent.

(08-24-2021, 02:38 AM)JagSwag Wrote: Is it possible that Meyer still hasn’t quite taken his college hat off yet? When he evaluates our players is he comparing them to NFL players or college athletes, so he’s automatically sold on just physical traits and overlooked the necessity of actual football talent.

It's absolutely possible that a first time ever NFL coach (let alone HC) is still judging with college glasses. Urbs has never coached in the NFL, at any position. You don't just learn it over night and there's definitely an adjustment period/an ego check period. Lets hope Urbs can realize that ego check sooner, rather than later and make the adjustments.

Its not that hard. We have so many evaluators here on the board who are so tremendous. Coach can learn everything from the geniuses here.