Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jeep Urged to Change 'Offensive' Decades-Old Vehicle Name

I’ve only driven Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep vehicles for years. I have had nothing but great luck with them.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2021, 06:55 PM by Jags.)

(02-25-2021, 02:07 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I’ve only driven Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep vehicles for years. I have had nothing but great luck with them.

You should play the lotto!!

(02-25-2021, 10:40 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:33 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: For those who may not have experience with Ford's, here are a couple of acronyms to sum up my experience with them:

Fix Or Repair Daily
Faster Only Rolling Downhill

And for our dyslexic friends,

Driver Returns On Foot

How about “Frequently Outraging [BLEEP] Democrats”?  Since trucks are so bad. 

Give me time
And I’ll find something for the other manufacturers

Edit: wow.   This board lightened up considerably since the change.  Wouldn’t have thought that was a banned word.

Chevy: I’ve heard the phrase “Bow tie ‘til I die”. Enough said. Ugh. No pneumonic needed.

(02-25-2021, 06:51 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 02:07 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I’ve only driven Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep vehicles for years. I have had nothing but great luck with them.

You should play the lotto!!

That was kind of my thought based on my experience.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2021, 07:21 PM by Jags.)

(02-25-2021, 07:13 PM)I jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 06:51 PM)Jags Wrote: You should play the lotto!!

That was kind of my thought based on my experience.

Truth be told, there are good vehicles out there.  We’ve all had our experiences with what we’ve had.  I bought a “can’t miss” pressure washer and got..hehe...”hosed”.   I think the biggest rivalry is the Ford/Chevy one.  In all honesty, they’re both probably good.  I found myself on the Ford side.  But I don’t get into the banter with the Chevy rednecks about which is better.  I think that’s silly even though Ford wipes it’s [BLEEP] with Chevy’s bow tie.

But like I said, I don’t get into it.  Smile

(02-25-2021, 07:19 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 07:13 PM)I jagibelieve Wrote: That was kind of my thought based on my experience.

Truth be told, there are good vehicles out there.  We’ve all had our experiences with what we’ve had.  I bought a “can’t miss” pressure washer and got..hehe...”hosed”.   I think the biggest rivalry is the Ford/Chevy one.  In all honesty, they’re both probably good.  I found myself on the Ford side.  But I don’t get into the banter with the Chevy rednecks about which is better.  I think that’s silly even though Ford wipes it’s [BLEEP] with Chevy’s bow tie.

The only two Chevy's that I ever owned were a 1970 Nova and a 1963 stepside pickup (my first truck) as a teenager.  However, cars/trucks were built way better back then.

Today my main focus is on trucks because that is what I need and want.  Of all the trucks manufactured today I prefer an F series from Ford.  I have a friend that sold an F150 to another friend 10 years ago (don't remember the model year) with 200,000 miles on it.  That truck is still on the road today.  I can't say what work has been done to it, but they seem to be dependable and last.

My opinion of a Ranger (or any other small truck) is you might as well get a car or an SUV.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2021, 07:49 PM by Jags.)

(02-25-2021, 07:35 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 07:19 PM)Jags Wrote: Truth be told, there are good vehicles out there.  We’ve all had our experiences with what we’ve had.  I bought a “can’t miss” pressure washer and got..hehe...”hosed”.   I think the biggest rivalry is the Ford/Chevy one.  In all honesty, they’re both probably good.  I found myself on the Ford side.  But I don’t get into the banter with the Chevy rednecks about which is better.  I think that’s silly even though Ford wipes it’s [BLEEP] with Chevy’s bow tie.

The only two Chevy's that I ever owned were a 1970 Nova and a 1963 stepside pickup (my first truck) as a teenager.  However, cars/trucks were built way better back then.

Today my main focus is on trucks because that is what I need and want.  Of all the trucks manufactured today I prefer an F series from Ford.  I have a friend that sold an F150 to another friend 10 years ago (don't remember the model year) with 200,000 miles on it.  That truck is still on the road today.  I can't say what work has been done to it, but they seem to be dependable and last.

My opinion of a Ranger (or any other small truck) is you might as well get a car or an SUV.

In a previous post, I referenced a 93’ 150 I had.  Great truck.  I dogged it to its demise.  I regret that.  I was young and stupid then.  “Compact Pickups”, rangers, frontiers, colorados... (I’ll omit the Tacoma).  Not worth it.  I omit the Tacoma because from what I’ve seen are decent and capable, at least for off roaring.  Due to the lightweight and 4 wheel drive. Hauling...forget it.   But hell for the price.. get an F-150!  The only Chevy I had crapped out on me prematurely.

(02-25-2021, 10:40 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:33 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: For those who may not have experience with Ford's, here are a couple of acronyms to sum up my experience with them:

Fix Or Repair Daily
Faster Only Rolling Downhill

And for our dyslexic friends,

Driver Returns On Foot

Found On Road Dead
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(02-25-2021, 07:19 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 07:13 PM)I jagibelieve Wrote: That was kind of my thought based on my experience.

I think the new body styles on Ford's and Dodge's are ugly as crap. Just going by looks, I'd go Toyota, GMC and Chevy.

(02-25-2021, 07:44 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 07:35 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: The only two Chevy's that I ever owned were a 1970 Nova and a 1963 stepside pickup (my first truck) as a teenager.  However, cars/trucks were built way better back then.

In a previous post, I referenced a 93’ 150 I had.  Great truck.  I dogged it to its demise.  I regret that.  I was young and stupid then.  “Compact Pickups”, rangers, frontiers, colorados... (I’ll omit the Tacoma).  Not worth it.  I omit the Tacoma because from what I’ve seen are decent and capable, at least for off roaring.  Due to the lightweight and 4 wheel drive. Hauling...forget it.   But hell for the price.. get an F-150!  The only Chevy I had crapped out on me prematurely.

My first car was a 1979 Camaro Rally Sport and I tore the crap out of it. I did a lot of stupid things in my teens that should've got me killed. I drag raced it home one day and had it up to 127 MPH and I also jumped a very steep railroad track near my house going 80 mph. I went very air born and just saw blue sky in windshield. I even had time to say, "this is just like the Dukes of Hazzard", before we hit the road. When I finally pulled into my friends driveway, I noticed 2 of my beauty rings had flown off and when I went to turn off the engine, I noticed the keys had been jarred out and were laying on the floor mat. Later on, I found out I also bent the frame as well. Not my finest moment. 17 year old kids are stupid. I don't know how I made it to this age. As a teenager, I had no common sense at all.

The 1993 Dodge Caravan...the peak of the automotive industry.

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2021, 08:05 AM by Jags.)

I can’t post it because of language, but check out the guy on YouTube that did the Silver-ray-do videos.  He’s a Chevy guy of course.  But it’s pretty funny stuff, regardless.

Edit: the ones by Amari King.

I used to date a girl who had a Jeep Patriot.. Wasn't a bad vehicle at all, pretty nice.

My ultimate vehicle would be a willys mb military jeep though.. wanted one ever since I was a kid..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I’ll only ever own American trucks or Japanese (Toyota and Honda) vehicles. My experience has proven both are reliable and rugged. Anything else is a gamble.

(02-26-2021, 04:31 AM)captivating Wrote:

A vintage Dart, a Durango which has over 200k miles that I use for towing a trailer, a Nitro, a Grand Cherokee, a Ram 1500 and a cute little Lebanon convertible in college...but no minivans. Only major issue I’ve had with any of them was having to replace the top on the convertible and the sunroof leaking in the Durango.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(02-26-2021, 04:31 AM)captivating Wrote:

The Caravan (and K-car) are what restored Chrysler to prosperity back in the early 80's.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2021, 05:58 PM by EricC85.)

(02-24-2021, 11:34 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 08:48 AM)EricC85 Wrote: As an automotive professional I find all Chrysler products offensive they should cancel them all

I've posted on here before about a Redditor who claimed he was an engineer for an unnamed car company. He explained that it is common practice for competing car manufacturers to purchase the newest model of each other's cars to tear down and examine for any advanced manufacturing or engineering insight. 

Hilariously, he stated that his company forgoes obtaining new Dodge/Chrysler cars because they're considered junk unworthy of examination. I don't know if he was genuine, but it sure does reinforce popular opinion about Chryslers.

I wouldn’t doubt it for the last decade Chrysler has put out some of the worse engineered vehicles on market. The new Fords and GMs however are doing there best to catch them. Avoid the GM 3.6l and fords ecoboost engines lots of problems.

(02-24-2021, 11:06 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 08:48 AM)EricC85 Wrote: As an automotive professional I find all Chrysler products offensive they should cancel them all

Don't ya mean... thanks Chrysler, for giving me a guaranteed source of income. lol

Lol this is true but usually Chrysler’s break so much you feel bad for the owners. Mercedes will put at least one of my kids through college I love those a simple brake job nets me 4 figures
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Ford makes the best 1500 series truck for daily driving the exception isn’t he garbage 2.7 ecoboost model with a plastic drain pain lol. They also made the worse designed engine the 5.4 3valve triton from roughly 2004-2008 you’ll find it mostly in expeditions and some f150 those years. The f250 is complete junk but the f350 is one of the best built big trucks on the market your just going to pay though the nose for repairs and maintenance certainly not a daily driver for most people.

The Gm 1500 is the most basic of all trucks the v6 is garbage and useless had zero towing capacity and the water pumps leak all the time. The v8 is ok not a lot of common problems but it severely lacks towning capacity. GM worse engines are found in the sedans the Chevy Cruz is a throw away car it’s mostly plastic if you have one I promise you’ve either replaced water outlet twice in 100.000 miles or your going to real soon! Now GM does have the best 2500 series truck and they have tack and pine steering bearing the fords garbage conventional steering In the f250

Chrysler had the best diesel of the group the Cummings is bullet proof. Literally everything else about Chrysler is garbage do not buy do not pass go do not collect $200.

The best truck IMO that is it a diesel is the Tundra the 5.7 is on par with the American 2500 series trucks it has better tow capacity and power than the 2500 and is only outdone once you get into the 3500 series. However when the Toyota’s do break and they all eventually due they are significantly more difficult to fix and thus more expensive. I always say when you can fix a Toyota you can fix anything. My wife’s Highlander I had to rip the front of the car apart and life the engine to change the water pump, it went over 250k miles before it leaked but it was a pain in the [BLEEP] when it did leak to fix.

Another nice one is the new Titans with the Cummings engine those are sweet.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2021, 06:42 PM by Jags.)

(02-28-2021, 06:13 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Ford makes the best 1500 series truck for daily driving the exception isn’t he garbage 2.7 ecoboost model with a plastic drain pain lol. They also made the worse designed engine the 5.4 3valve triton from roughly 2004-2008 you’ll find it mostly in expeditions and some f150 those years. The f250 is complete junk but the f350 is one of the best built big trucks on the market your just going to pay though the nose for repairs and maintenance certainly not a daily driver for most people.

The Gm 1500 is the most basic of all trucks the v6 is garbage and useless had zero towing capacity and the water pumps leak all the time. The v8 is ok not a lot of common problems but it severely lacks towning capacity. GM worse engines are found in the sedans the Chevy Cruz is a throw away car it’s mostly plastic if you have one I promise you’ve either replaced water outlet twice in 100.000 miles or your going to real soon! Now GM does have the best 2500 series truck and they have tack and pine steering bearing the fords garbage conventional steering In the f250

Chrysler had the best diesel of the group the Cummings is bullet proof. Literally everything else about Chrysler is garbage do not buy do not pass go do not collect $200.

The best truck IMO that is it a diesel is the Tundra the 5.7 is on par with the American 2500 series trucks it has better tow capacity and power than the 2500 and is only outdone once you get into the 3500 series. However when the Toyota’s do break and they all eventually due they are significantly more difficult to fix and thus more expensive. I always say when you can fix a Toyota you can fix anything. My wife’s Highlander I had to rip the front of the car apart and life the engine to change the water pump, it went over 250k miles before it leaked but it was a pain in the [BLEEP] when it did leak to fix.

Another nice one is the new Titans with the Cummings engine those are sweet.

The Ford F-150 2.7 eco boost as of 2017 was the “quickest truck amongst competitors.  Not that one should buy a truck based off how fast it is.  Mine happens to be a 2.7 because it’ll haul my little lawn trailer and our travel trailer and then some. That and it had all the options I wanted/needed.  Perhaps it’s my aftermarket tires, but in sport mode... holy [BLEEP]!!!   Not used to that in the ole pick ‘em up truck!!

My father in law a life long mechanic even asked me surprisingly “that’s a 6 cylinder?”  I said yes, a 2.7.

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2021, 07:39 PM by mikesez.)

(02-28-2021, 06:13 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Ford makes the best 1500 series truck for daily driving the exception isn’t he garbage 2.7 ecoboost model with a plastic drain pain lol. They also made the worse designed engine the 5.4 3valve triton from roughly 2004-2008 you’ll find it mostly in expeditions and some f150 those years. The f250 is complete junk but the f350 is one of the best built big trucks on the market your just going to pay though the nose for repairs and maintenance certainly not a daily driver for most people.

The first time I spotted a plastic intake manifold in a car, I said to myself, "cheap junk!" But now I see them pretty much everywhere, and no one seems to have problems with them. Maybe we will be saying the same thing about plastic drain pans in 10 years.
Did you see any other problem on the 2.7 ecoboost?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.