Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Wilson > Lawrence

(03-10-2021, 02:17 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 07:39 PM)Rockin-Jags Wrote: I agree that Wilson’s floor is lower but his ceiling is higher. It’s close though. The quick release and accuracy you can’t teach. It has to come naturally.

Lawrence floor Blain Gabbert 
Lawrence ceiling John Elway

Wilson floor Johnny Manziel 
Wilson ceiling Aaron Rodgers

Elway went to 5 Super Bowls and won 2 compared to Rodgers 1-1 and 1-4 record in Conference Championship games. 

I'd be thrilled with Elway.
Sign me up for that, too.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The fact that you guys entertained this clown/thread for 4 pages now is sad honestly. I know it's the slow season currently, but you're all better than this..

(03-09-2021, 09:45 AM)NoShoes Wrote: Why am I supposed to care about him holding a hand gun?

It's the 2020's, you are supposed to be offended by EVERYTHING.

(I apologize if this post offends you)

(03-09-2021, 01:23 PM)Rockin-Jags Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 10:55 AM)Jag149 Wrote: Ok, you began this thread and you have posted 13 times so far since the Jags have been a football team trying to encourage the Jags to take ANYONE but TL.  How cold is it in New York are the restaurants open yet?

Chris Simms got me hooked on Wilson and after watching every throw/run on the 2+ hour YouTube vid I had to say something... Wilson is special and Lawrence is looking vanilla more and more. Do the research and check it out. The tape doesn’t lie.

I loved getting TL in the beginning but I hadn’t watched more than a few highlights of Wilson. Now that I’ve seen it all I’m very impressed

2 hours of exposure to Chris Simms? Oh man, was there a warning at the beginning of that video?

I Don't trust a highlight reel. For anyone.

Simply put, if the Jets didn't Jet the season up and stayed unwinfeated, we would be over the moon that a guy like Wilson was in this year's draft. They didn't, and we ended up with the top pick and a once-in-a-franchise opportunity to take the clear-cut, pro-readiest QB in years.

Wilson is a great consolation prize, but I see a lot of Josh Allen in the prospect - there's a step up in competition. All the measurables aren't there. There's a chance that the pick won't pan out. With a good team or good coaching, those can be overcome. But to take him over the guy that checks all those boxes already would be foolish.

First pick of the draft is better spent on the high floor rather than tossing the dice at the high ceiling.

Trent Williams was talking with Sherman about Trevor Lawrence being ahead of the curve..... never mentioned Wilson.

Players know.

(03-10-2021, 09:55 AM)Mikey Wrote: Simply put, if the Jets didn't Jet the season up and stayed unwinfeated, we would be over the moon that a guy like Wilson was in this year's draft. They didn't, and we ended up with the top pick and a once-in-a-franchise opportunity to take the clear-cut, pro-readiest QB in years.

Wilson is a great consolation prize, but I see a lot of Josh Allen in the prospect - there's a step up in competition. All the measurables aren't there. There's a chance that the pick won't pan out. With a good team or good coaching, those can be overcome. But to take him over the guy that checks all those boxes already would be foolish.

First pick of the draft is better spent on the high floor rather than tossing the dice at the high ceiling.

Josh Allen is a much bigger man at 6-5, 238 with a cannon arm.
4.75 40 which is good for a giant. And an elite 6.90 three cone for a man of any size.
So there was alot of upside and the question mark was just level of competition.

Zac Wilson has below average size at 6-3 209 lbs.
And from the "eye test" doesn't look that fast or athletic when he scampers around.
So a ton of red flags along with level of competition.

To me, this is a non-issue, since I love both guys and think both will be big stars. I still see Wilson as having a slightly higher ceiling, but a lower floor and I see Lawrence as the safer pick. I'm not a gambler, so I roll with Trevor Lawrence. If we were picking #2 though, I'd be thrilled to take Wilson and I was clamoring for us to do so when we were in that position. With the #1 pick though, you take what appears to be the "surer" thing and that is Lawrence.

(03-10-2021, 10:20 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: To me, this is a non-issue, since I love both guys and think both will be big stars. I still see Wilson as having a slightly higher ceiling, but a lower floor and I see Lawrence as the safer pick. I'm not a gambler, so I roll with Trevor Lawrence. If we were picking #2 though, I'd be thrilled to take Wilson and I was clamoring for us to do so when we were in that position. With the #1 pick though, you take what appears to be the "surer" thing and that is Lawrence.

A ceiling of Peyton Manning/Tom Brady for Trevor. I don't see how Wilson can go any higher than that.

(03-10-2021, 10:22 AM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(03-10-2021, 10:20 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: To me, this is a non-issue, since I love both guys and think both will be big stars. I still see Wilson as having a slightly higher ceiling, but a lower floor and I see Lawrence as the safer pick. I'm not a gambler, so I roll with Trevor Lawrence. If we were picking #2 though, I'd be thrilled to take Wilson and I was clamoring for us to do so when we were in that position. With the #1 pick though, you take what appears to be the "surer" thing and that is Lawrence.

A ceiling of Peyton Manning/Tom Brady for Trevor. I don't see how Wilson can go any higher than that.
And anyone comparing him to Rodgers and Mahomes needs to relax. They have the 2 best arms of all time IMO. Just because someone makes a few plays like Mahomes, it doesn’t make them Mahomes.

(03-10-2021, 10:22 AM)Tank Commander Wrote:

He's no Tom Brady. No one is Tom Brady.

I hope Lawrence is everything you guys say he’s gonna be. If he turns out to be Blain Gabbert 2.0 and Wilson turns out to be a super star I hope you remember what I said. Simms has a pretty good track record of picking players and got laughed at when he took Lamar/Allen over Baker/Darnold. Let’s hope he’s wrong but from what I’ve seen he’s 100% on the money.

(03-10-2021, 10:13 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Trent Williams was talking with Sherman about Trevor Lawrence being ahead of the curve..... never mentioned Wilson.

Players know.

I just heard it. 

Very insightful podcast overall, and very encouraging from a Jaguars fan perspective.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Don't worry, Mr. Douglas. You'll get to pick Zach Wilson at Number 2. We aren't taking him. Rest assured, Trevor Lawrence will be a Jaguar. We won't steal your Quarterback.

I think people are just getting bored of Lawrence being the unanimous #1 pick and are just looking to generate some drama by making claims that QB____ may be better than TLaw.

I honestly came in here thinking this was about Russel Wilson since hes in trade rumors haha.
No Fun

(03-10-2021, 06:46 PM)nhiverson Wrote: I honestly came in here thinking this was about Russel Wilson since hes in trade rumors haha.

This post should come with a disclaimer and the suicide prevention hotline number..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2021, 12:50 AM by Jag88.)

I thought you meant Russell Wilson for a second. I think we have our qb already. He's coming at the end of next month, and I think he is from a school called Clemson

??????

(03-10-2021, 03:01 PM)Rockin-Jags Wrote: I hope Lawrence is everything you guys say he’s gonna be. If he turns out to be Blain Gabbert 2.0 and Wilson turns out to be a super star I hope you remember what I said. Simms has a pretty good track record of picking players and got laughed at when he took Lamar/Allen over Baker/Darnold. Let’s hope he’s wrong but from what I’ve seen he’s 100% on the money.

(03-10-2021, 06:46 PM)nhiverson Wrote: I honestly came in here thinking this was about Russel Wilson since hes in trade rumors haha.

I think both of you need to seriously consider cutting out whatever extracurriculars are impinging on your better judgement.  Whatever that may be.

Meyer wasn’t even in the building to watch Wilson throw.. what arrogance ffs.. This kid is special with an NFL release.. I can’t believe we wouldn’t at least do our homework. I’m not liking this at all. I hope I’m wrong but to go so hard all in on Lawrence and not even consider another option is just pure arrogance. I hope we are right on this one because Wilson looks like Aaron Rodgers 2.0