Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Andrew Cuomo is toast

(03-13-2021, 10:27 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(03-13-2021, 09:20 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Of course I do. I am just laughing at you promoting the "bravery" of the Democrats coming forward after the SEVENTH accuser came forward.

So we've clarified that you're not paying very close attention to this particular issue. 

Next, let's establish how you feel if the person in question is a Republican. Consider the 26 women who've accused President Trump of harassment/misconduct. Should the same standards apply? I believe the same standards should apply regardless of political affiliation.

I believe in due process for everyone. To my knowledge, no Trump accuser ever took it past the accusation phase.  Let's see what happens here. I couldn't care less if the guy resigns. It is more entertaining if he doesn't. Regardless, it is entertaining watching the left eat their own when their usefulness has pass its expiration date.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What about the Biden accuser? The accusation against him is more severe than any that have been levied against Cuomo. There are many, many Democrats with sexual harassment/assault claims. Most are swept under the rug. They only remove one when it's politically expedient. Cuomo committed a crime when he had them change the Covid numbers. Personally, I think Dems are allowing these minor accusations to rise to the surface. You really think these stories would be getting any coverage in the national media if it didn't serve a purpose? Cuomo is hurting himself with the Dems by refusing to step down.

(03-13-2021, 10:27 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(03-13-2021, 09:20 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Of course I do. I am just laughing at you promoting the "bravery" of the Democrats coming forward after the SEVENTH accuser came forward.

So we've clarified that you're not paying very close attention to this particular issue. 

Next, let's establish how you feel if the person in question is a Republican. Consider the 26 women who've accused President Trump of harassment/misconduct. Should the same standards apply? I believe the same standards should apply regardless of political affiliation.

Were any of the Trump accusations proven to be credible rather than the transparent political attacks they were? You know, like Brett Kavanaugh.

Reporter who covered Cuomo for years recounts governor's 'checkered, bullying, spiteful' past | Fox News

...As a biographer, Michael Shnayerson has spent years diving deep into the life of New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo. What he recounts for Vanity Fair is a past filled with alleged cheap shots, bullying and even abuse. 

When Cuomo and his ex-wife Kerry Kennedy, daughter of the late Sen. Robert F. Kennedy, were in the process of getting a divorce, a source close to the Kennedy family told Shnayerson that there were "instances of physical abuse." The author also writes that Kennedy repeatedly slept in a locked bathroom during the period where her soon-to-be ex-husband still lived in the family home. 

"I’ve been a human rights activist, and for women who have abusive husbands," Kerry Kennedy reportedly told a friend, "and here I am enduring this abuse."...

It's becoming obvious that the only news we see is what is useful to a select group of people. I mean, there is evidence the media conspired to keep the Hunter Biden story out of the mainstream so it wouldn't hurt his chances of becoming President. I feel confident saying there are people that have known about Cuomo's behavior for years. The only question is why is this just coming to light now?

(03-13-2021, 01:31 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: It's becoming obvious that the only news we see is what is useful to a select group of people. I mean, there is evidence the media conspired to keep the Hunter Biden story out of the mainstream so it wouldn't hurt his chances of becoming President. I feel confident saying there are people that have known about Cuomo's behavior for years. The only question is why is this just coming to light now?

Because it's the lesser evil that they can, somewhat, unhypocritically acknowledge. 

Long ago Fox News and other outlets were reporting on the rest home COVID deaths. The left chose to ignore it and even went so far as to award him an Emmy because he openly championed their, quite literal, virulently blind Trump hatred. Now that the rest home death story has legs, they can't risk acknowledging their obstinate stupidity and disregard of human life in promoting their #1 protagonist of Trump. So rather than persecute their feckless hero for enacting death warrants for hundreds, they've chosen to eliminate him by other means. Now he's just a sexual harasser who just happened to be responsible for killing people. No big whoop. They were probably just old racist conservatives, anyway.

The 8th woman just accused Cuomo..

DeShaun Watson and Andrew Cuomo walk into a bar..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(03-13-2021, 11:52 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-13-2021, 10:27 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: So we've clarified that you're not paying very close attention to this particular issue. 

Were any of the Trump accusations proven to be credible rather than the transparent political attacks they were? You know, like Brett Kavanaugh.

I assume you mean the proclivities he *didn't* admit to and the answer is yes they were credible as are the accusations against Kavanaugh and likely, those against Cuomo. They should be held to the same standard.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(03-20-2021, 10:08 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(03-13-2021, 11:52 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Were any of the Trump accusations proven to be credible rather than the transparent political attacks they were? You know, like Brett Kavanaugh.

I assume you mean the proclivities he *didn't* admit to and the answer is yes they were credible as are the accusations against Kavanaugh and likely, those against Cuomo. They should be held to the same standard.

The only reason Cuomo is being held to any standard regarding this is to divert attention away from his Covid SNAFU. 

Kill people or assault women? Which do They decide to crucify him for? Which is the lesser of two evils They give him a pass on?

(03-20-2021, 10:08 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(03-13-2021, 11:52 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Were any of the Trump accusations proven to be credible rather than the transparent political attacks they were? You know, like Brett Kavanaugh.

How were they credible? The MSM gunning for Trump's scalp couldn't prove the accusations, but they are still credible? The same goes for Kavanaugh. The dems leveraged the power of the MSM and a congressional hearing yet Miss Vulnerable Quavering Uptalk couldn't remember any critical details of that day except lurid and lecherous Brett Kavanaugh pawing at her. Even her own cohorts distanced themselves when pressed for confirmation.

You better look up credible again.

(03-20-2021, 08:13 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(03-20-2021, 10:08 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: I assume you mean the proclivities he *didn't* admit to and the answer is yes they were credible as are the accusations against Kavanaugh and likely, those against Cuomo. They should be held to the same standard.

The only reason Cuomo is being held to any standard regarding this is to divert attention away from his Covid SNAFU. 

Kill people or assault women? Which do They decide to crucify him for? Which is the lesser of two evils They give him a pass on?

Actually, the covid issue boils down to under-reporting covid deaths in nursing homes and he's catching plenty of flak for that. He should be held accountable for it as well as his alleged abuse of women. One doesn't excuse or distract from the other. By the way, if those accusations sound familiar, they should because the recent ex-occupant of the White House has been dealing with the same issues. Well, except for the catching flak from his own party part. We should hold the ex-president as accountable as the governor of New York and vice versa. 

(03-21-2021, 09:40 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-20-2021, 10:08 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: I assume you mean the proclivities he *didn't* admit to and the answer is yes they were credible as are the accusations against Kavanaugh and likely, those against Cuomo. They should be held to the same standard.

How were they credible? The MSM gunning for Trump's scalp couldn't prove the accusations, but they are still credible? The same goes for Kavanaugh. The dems leveraged the power of the MSM and a congressional hearing yet Miss Vulnerable Quavering Uptalk couldn't remember any critical details of that day except lurid and lecherous Brett Kavanaugh pawing at her. Even her own cohorts distanced themselves when pressed for confirmation.

You're only addressing Kavanaugh. All else being equal, the quantity of accusations lends credence to the idea of "where there's smoke there's fire". So there's probably the most doubt behind Kavanaugh's accusations as there were only 3. But are you saying Ford wasn't credible because she couldn't remember a few exact details of her claimed assault? If so, maybe you should read up a little since that's not an uncommon phenomena for victims of sexual assault. 

Going a little further on the smoke and fire analogy, the ex-President is probably the most likely to have committed those offenses. Even if you do throw out the fact that he's casually admitted to sexual assault on tape, you should at least be willing to hold these people to the same ethical standards, regardless of party.

(03-21-2021, 05:37 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(03-20-2021, 08:13 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: The only reason Cuomo is being held to any standard regarding this is to divert attention away from his Covid SNAFU. 

Actually, the covid issue boils down to under-reporting covid deaths in nursing homes and he's catching plenty of flak for that. He should be held accountable for it as well as his alleged abuse of women. One doesn't excuse or distract from the other. By the way, if those accusations sound familiar, they should because the recent ex-occupant of the White House has been dealing with the same issues. Well, except for the catching flak from his own party part. We should hold the ex-president as accountable as the governor of New York and vice versa. 

(03-21-2021, 09:40 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: How were they credible? The MSM gunning for Trump's scalp couldn't prove the accusations, but they are still credible? The same goes for Kavanaugh. The dems leveraged the power of the MSM and a congressional hearing yet Miss Vulnerable Quavering Uptalk couldn't remember any critical details of that day except lurid and lecherous Brett Kavanaugh pawing at her. Even her own cohorts distanced themselves when pressed for confirmation.

You're only addressing Kavanaugh. All else being equal, the quantity of accusations lends credence to the idea of "where there's smoke there's fire". So there's probably the most doubt behind Kavanaugh's accusations as there were only 3. But are you saying Ford wasn't credible because she couldn't remember a few exact details of her claimed assault? If so, maybe you should read up a little since that's not an uncommon phenomena for victims of sexual assault. 

Going a little further on the smoke and fire analogy, the ex-President is probably the most likely to have committed those offenses. Even if you do throw out the fact that he's casually admitted to sexual assault on tape, you should at least be willing to hold these people to the same ethical standards, regardless of party.

Ford wasn't credible because she couldn't remember any details. No one could corroborate her claims about that day - even the people she says were there. It was a setup from the get go. 

I'll agree on the smoke and fire analogy. My beef is one side is pursued relentlessly while the other is given a pass. Cuomo is getting the business because he has so much baggage that it's difficult to ignore. You can be certain that if he were of another political stripe the coverage would be nonstop.

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2021, 09:33 AM by NewJagsCity.)

(03-20-2021, 08:13 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

There's probably more to this than even covid-19 deaths and sexual harassment. The radical far-left faction of the Democratic Party has been gunning for Cuomo for years now; he is way too moderate and too entrenched in bipartisanship (at least some of his past record) for their taste. They're happy to take advantage of his troubles to take him down and replace him with a candidate even more radical.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(03-24-2021, 09:33 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(03-20-2021, 08:13 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: The only reason Cuomo is being held to any standard regarding this is to divert attention away from his Covid SNAFU. 

There's probably more to this than even covid-19 deaths and sexual harassment. The radical far-left faction of the Democratic Party has been gunning for Cuomo for years now; he is way too moderate and too entrenched in bipartisanship (at least some of his past record) for their taste. They're happy to take advantage of his troubles to take him down and replace him with a candidate even more radical.

There is without a doubt a radical far-left faction to the Democratic party, less shrill but similar in their own way to the radical far-right element that's taken over the Republican party as of late. In both cases the conspiracy theories regarding inter-party plotting are likely overblown.

The reality is Cuomo is no more victim of a plot than Trump, both are ultimately accountable for their own actions.

(03-24-2021, 10:28 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(03-24-2021, 09:33 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: There's probably more to this than even covid-19 deaths and sexual harassment. The radical far-left faction of the Democratic Party has been gunning for Cuomo for years now; he is way too moderate and too entrenched in bipartisanship (at least some of his past record) for their taste. They're happy to take advantage of his troubles to take him down and replace him with a candidate even more radical.

There is without a doubt a radical far-left faction to the Democratic party, less shrill but similar in their own way to the radical far-right element that's taken over the Republican party as of late. In both cases the conspiracy theories regarding inter-party plotting are likely overblown.

The reality is Cuomo is no more victim of a plot than Trump, both are ultimately accountable for their own actions.
Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2021, 11:25 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(03-24-2021, 10:28 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: The reality is Cuomo is no more victim of a plot than Trump, both are ultimately accountable for their own actions.

When Trump was cheating on his wives though, he had his babes sign Confidentiality Agreements.

Cuomo was a groper, Trump was a doer.   In baseball terms, Como was getting thrown out a 1st base while Trump was hitting home runs.  Both ended up losing their games.

(03-24-2021, 11:24 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(03-24-2021, 10:28 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: The reality is Cuomo is no more victim of a plot than Trump, both are ultimately accountable for their own actions.

When Trump was cheating on his wives though, he had his babes sign Confidentiality Agreements.

Cuomo was a groper, Trump was a doer.   In baseball terms, Como was getting thrown out a 1st base while Trump was hitting home runs.  Both ended up losing their games.

To continue the analogy, Trump gets credit for the most steals given the sheer quantity of genital grabbery he's famous for.

(03-24-2021, 10:59 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(03-24-2021, 10:28 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: There is without a doubt a radical far-left faction to the Democratic party, less shrill but similar in their own way to the radical far-right element that's taken over the Republican party as of late. In both cases the conspiracy theories regarding inter-party plotting are likely overblown.

Laughing

Trumplicans absolutely do corner the market on shrillness. Democrat's are stronger in the offended indignity area.

Y’all realize this thread is about Cuomo and not Trump, right?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Absolutely. Comparing Cuomo to other offenders is fair game.