Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Andrew Cuomo is toast

(03-24-2021, 12:24 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Absolutely. Comparing Cuomo to other offenders is fair game.

Rolleyes 

Sstill waiting for a single accusation while Trump was in office.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-24-2021, 12:33 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-24-2021, 12:24 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Absolutely. Comparing Cuomo to other offenders is fair game.

Rolleyes 

Do you mean an accusation made after he was in office or an accusation of an event that took place while he was in office? Ask far as I know, the last of the 26 allegations was said to have occurred in August of 2016.

Cuomo's last incident was said to have happened in early 2019 AFAIK.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

The accusations against Cuomo barely move the needle, which is why I'm confounded as to why we're talking about it. Cuomo lied about deaths directly tied to his policies. That's the issue that takes precedence.

(03-24-2021, 12:33 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Rolleyes 

Now there's something good he can put on his resume and LinkedIn page --- "Never accused of inappropriate sex while in office"

(03-24-2021, 01:49 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(03-24-2021, 12:33 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Rolleyes 

Do you mean an accusation made after he was in office or an accusation of an event that took place while he was in office? Ask far as I know, the last of the 26 allegations was said to have occurred in August of 2016.

Yes, Trump was not in office when his allegations were supposed to have occurred while Gov'na Emmy Winna actively abused his office for some strange.

(03-24-2021, 04:27 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(03-24-2021, 12:33 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Rolleyes 

Now there's something good he can put on his resume and LinkedIn page --- "Never accused of inappropriate sex while in office"

If we're going to compare then let's compare.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-24-2021, 06:23 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-24-2021, 01:49 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Do you mean an accusation made after he was in office or an accusation of an event that took place while he was in office? Ask far as I know, the last of the 26 allegations was said to have occurred in August of 2016.

Yes, Trump was not in office when his allegations were supposed to have occurred while Gov'na Emmy Winna actively abused his office for some strange.

Oh, in that case it's ok.

(03-25-2021, 06:54 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(03-24-2021, 06:23 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yes, Trump was not in office when his allegations were supposed to have occurred while Gov'na Emmy Winna actively abused his office for some strange.

Did Trump abuse the power of his office the same way that Cuomo apparently did? No, he didn't. All the Whataboutism deflection in the world doesn't change that fact.

I don't think Andrew Cuomo is going to resign. hes going to ride it out.

(03-25-2021, 10:14 AM)Jag88 Wrote: I don't think Andrew Cuomo is going to resign. hes going to ride it out.

I think so too, he's banking on cover from his media buddies, but I think they got new marching orders on this one.

Cuomo lied about deaths directly cause by his policies. Just going to come back here and repeat this every few days so we don't forget what's important.

(03-25-2021, 10:28 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Cuomo lied about deaths directly cause by his policies. Just going to come back here and repeat this every few days so we don't forget what's important.

B-b-b-b-b-Drumpfff!!!!!!!

(03-25-2021, 06:54 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(03-24-2021, 06:23 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yes, Trump was not in office when his allegations were supposed to have occurred while Gov'na Emmy Winna actively abused his office for some strange.

Or maybe just see the allegations against Trump as nothing more than naked attempts to scuttle his election. 

I know. It's difficult to believe, isn't it?

(03-25-2021, 10:10 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 06:54 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Oh, in that case it's ok.

Did Trump abuse the power of his office the same way that Cuomo apparently did? No, he didn't. All the Whataboutism deflection in the world doesn't change that fact.

He abused the power of his position in most of the accounts. Whether it was a pageant or his campaign or his organization, many of these women were subordinate in some manner. The offenses are similar enough in substance that any differences aren't worth mentioning.

If I hear someone defending Cuomo, I'd have the same opinion.

(03-25-2021, 11:02 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 06:54 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Oh, in that case it's ok.

Or maybe just see the allegations against Trump as nothing more than naked attempts to scuttle his election. 

Sounds like a rationalization. Let's ignore for a minute that Trump's admitted he's done it in the past. If you believe that Trump is the victim of a frame up, why's it so difficult to believe the same about Cuomo or vice versa?

(03-25-2021, 04:09 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 11:02 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Or maybe just see the allegations against Trump as nothing more than naked attempts to scuttle his election. 

Sounds like a rationalization. Let's ignore for a minute that Trump's admitted he's done it in the past. If you believe that Trump is the victim of a frame up, why's it so difficult to believe the same about Cuomo or vice versa?

Let's not ignore what Trump has admitted and look at the facts. Trump was a candidate roundly hated by the left (the MSM) who did everything in their playbook to ruin his chances at election.

In comparison, Cuoma was fat, dumb, and happy ensconced in his office in a liberal city nestled in a democrat state while protected by the leftist MSM (partly because of the job of his brother). Those who didn't toe the line were under threat by Cuomo himself. Yet, he managed to screw up so badly that even the loving press can't fully protect him now. 

In review: 
Orangeman bad, MSM must stop from getting elected. 
Andrew Cuomo beloved and entrenched in office, but so abusive of his authority and the women around him that even those who kiss his ring can't protect him. 

The circumstances are quite different.

(03-25-2021, 04:09 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 11:02 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Or maybe just see the allegations against Trump as nothing more than naked attempts to scuttle his election. 

Trump never "admitted" anything.  He was caught on a hot mike saying that "they let you grab them".  That's really not hard to believe.  To think that a hot woman would allow a rich and powerful man to "grab them" is pretty much "the norm".

When that moment was caught on the hot mike, I believe that it was prior to him being elected, so it's not like he used his position of power as being an elected official to abuse women.

For what it's worth, I don't think that just because a person is wealthy or famous it gives them the right to treat women that way.  However it's two different things.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2021, 07:42 PM by WingerDinger.)

(03-25-2021, 07:04 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 04:09 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Sounds like a rationalization. Let's ignore for a minute that Trump's admitted he's done it in the past. If you believe that Trump is the victim of a frame up, why's it so difficult to believe the same about Cuomo or vice versa?

Trump never "admitted" anything.  He was caught on a hot mike saying that "they let you grab them".  That's really not hard to believe.  To think that a hot woman would allow a rich and powerful man to "grab them" is pretty much "the norm".

When that moment was caught on the hot mike, I believe that it was prior to him being elected, so it's not like he used his position of power as being an elected official to abuse women.

For what it's worth, I don't think that just because a person is wealthy or famous it gives them the right to treat women that way.  However it's two different things.

What it was, people weren't used to a person running for political power being so non-PC.. Was it in poor taste? You could say that.. Have I personally said worse? You're damn right, so I can't judge.. I fully believe it was locker room talk. I'm sure some of these politicians in power have definitely said and done worse and they just haven't been caught.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(03-25-2021, 05:38 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 04:09 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Sounds like a rationalization. Let's ignore for a minute that Trump's admitted he's done it in the past. If you believe that Trump is the victim of a frame up, why's it so difficult to believe the same about Cuomo or vice versa?

Let's not ignore what Trump has admitted and look at the facts. Trump was a candidate roundly hated by the left (the MSM) who did everything in their playbook to ruin his chances at election.

In comparison, Cuoma was fat, dumb, and happy ensconced in his office in a liberal city nestled in a democrat state while protected by the leftist MSM (partly because of the job of his brother). Those who didn't toe the line were under threat by Cuomo himself. Yet, he managed to screw up so badly that even the loving press can't fully protect him now. 

In review: 
Orangeman bad, MSM must stop from getting elected. 
Andrew Cuomo beloved and entrenched in office, but so abusive of his authority and the women around him that even those who kiss his ring can't protect him. 

The circumstances are quite different.

The circumstances are different but the alleged offenses are the same. Neither individual should get a pass just because of the timing of the allegations. Further, the media's bias is irrelevant, both on the left and the right. If it does make a difference to you, then you're allowing your views to be shaped by it and you'll be wrong more often than not.

(03-25-2021, 07:04 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

Like I said to HB, it's certainly different circumstances but the main issue is: did both men use positions of power to harass or assault women? The timing shouldn't matter.

The former president's alleged victims were subordinate to him in quite a few instances. That is substantively similar to what Cuomo has been accused of.

Seems to me you can't condemn one without condemning the other and likewise, if you defend one, you're essentially defending the other.

As far as the nature of Trump's comments, we'll have to agree to disagree. One thing I can tell you though is if any of us reading this forum tried to do anything like Trump said he's done, we'd almost certainly be in a world of trouble.

Remember when Cuomo lied about nursing home deaths that were directly caused by his policies. Pepperidge farm remembers.