Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rayshawn Jenkins.

Since today was a disastrous first day of legal tampering I thought I would like to start a discussion about what I think was the potentially biggest/only bright spot of the day. First of all, did we ever get the contract numbers? I saw it was a 4 year deal which surprised me, but I never saw any monetary numbers. 

Second, how do you think we use him? He has a significant amount of experience at all of FS, SS, and slot and it looks like he performed pretty decently at all 3 spots. I am hoping that our idea with bringing him in was to use him in the increasingly popular 3rd safety/dimeback role. I think that position has a lot of importance going forward in todays NFL and I think Jenkins could fill it well. If he was brought to be the full time FS then I think that it was kind of a meh addition that also probably means we don't target safety high in the draft. And lastly, I think Wilson was a pretty ok starter for us so I hope he wasn't brought in to replace him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

My brother is a huge Chargers fan so I end up watching a lot of games whenever we get together. Jenkins was a solid player for them every time I tuned it. He's not going to be an all-pro type signing, but definitely an upgrade over what we've had the past 2 years.

(03-15-2021, 11:32 PM)High Octane Wrote: My brother is a huge Chargers fan so I end up watching a lot of games whenever we get together. Jenkins was a solid player for them every time I tuned it. He's not going to be an all-pro type signing, but definitely an upgrade over what we've had the past 2 years.

This was the guy and that big end we got from the Bears that culminated Day 1. Special teams is better. i assume we've landed 2 starters with these 2, at the very worst a solid piece to rotate in and out... definitely need a bigger run stuffer in the middle though.

He got a pretty good chunk of money so they definitely view him as a multi year starter. If they think that's at FS which most people think then we might have to scratch off Moehrig and go back to the drawing board at 25.

Just a guy.

(03-16-2021, 11:14 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Just a guy.

Definitely not a probowler but an upgrade. You always overpay players in free agency, what can ya do?
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2021, 11:28 AM by NCJag.)

My buddy (HUGE Bolts fan, 2 decade season ticket holder) said this of Rayshawn: "Above average. Not great in coverage but not a total liability. Good tackler."
Given what we trotted out last year, ABOVE AVERAGE along with improved play from the middle of the line should vastly improve this defense. If we can come out of TODAY with an A receiver (Samuel/Golladay), along with a pass rusher (Clowney/Ingram/Reddick), and TE (Everret/Dan Arnold) and CB (Jackson/Griffen). I wont call it a success....just underwhelming

....AND THEN WE SIGN CHRIS MANHERTZ......

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(03-16-2021, 08:41 AM)Upper Wrote: He got a pretty good chunk of money so they definitely view him as a multi year starter. If they think that's at FS which most people think then we might have to scratch off Moehrig and go back to the drawing board at 25.

Why not SS
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(03-16-2021, 11:33 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 08:41 AM)Upper Wrote: He got a pretty good chunk of money so they definitely view him as a multi year starter. If they think that's at FS which most people think then we might have to scratch off Moehrig and go back to the drawing board at 25.

Why not SS

He's worse than Wilson.

(03-16-2021, 11:36 AM)Upper Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 11:33 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Why not SS

He's worse than Wilson.

Sorry, I meant Moehrig @ SS
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DymoAuVVIhk

Guy seems like a character. Came from the U, and they had so much respect for him there they gave him Sean Taylors number. He was Mic'd Up for the Bolts/Jags game last year. He's a talker.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Chargers fans on the Jenkins loss

https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum/for...wn-jenkins

I saw him emphasize that he started his career at nickle and was comfortable there. I really hope this is a sign that we are trying to turn him into our 3rd S/dimeback. His versatility seems nice for that.

Cosmi is still my #1 hope at 25, and EDGE is #2, but if that is the way we are going to use Jenkins then Moehrig makes more sense in that case.