Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2021 Depth Chart

As it stands after two days of Free Agency, the depth chart looks something like this. Please feel free to add, amend, comment etc. This is by no means the entire roster.

Grades are just for fun with quick thoughts. 

Offence:

QB
Minshew
Luton 

Grade: C- / We know what’s coming here. 

RB
Robinson 
Hyde 
Ozigbo
Armstead (Dont know is health status?) 

Grade: B- / Can’t knock how good Robinson was last season. Supporting cast is ok but needs work. 

OI
Norwell
Linder
Cann
Shatley
Bartch

Grade B+ / Solid core, want to see Bartch come on this year. 

OT 
Robinson 
Taylor
Richardson

Grade D / So much to be done here.

TE
Manhertz
Oliver 
Davis

Grade D+ / Manhertz is the top blocking TE good signing. But we need passing threats. Oliver??

WR 
Chalk
Shenault
Johnson
Dorsett
Agnew

Grade C+ / Chalk & Shenault are top quality, Johnson ok. Dorsett I don’t personally understand. 

Defence (based on 3-4 Scheme):

DT/DE
Robertson-Harris 
Hamilton
Smoot 
Costin
Alualu
Bryan

Grade B- / A lot of development needed but a good base. Other than Bryan who is useless. 

ILB
Jack
Schobert
Williams
Quarterman
Griffin

Grade B / if Jack or Schobert goes down we have to pray Williams/Quarterman steps up. 

OLB 
Allen
Chaisson
Ward

Grade B+ / Allen & Chaisson will flourish in the new scheme. Ravens fans seem high on Ward. 

CB
Henderson
Griffin 
Jones
Herndon
Claybrooks
Scott 

Grade B+ / Starting to look like a decent position for us as long as the top three stay health - average rotational back up. 

Jenkins
Ford 
Wilson 
Wingard
Jones 
Thomas

Grade C / Think we still need a true starter here. 

Special Teams:

K
Lambo

P
Cooke 

KR
Agnew
Claybrooks

PR
Agnew
Claybrooks 

Grade A / Lambo, Cooke and Agnew are official studs in ST. 

Personally seeing it like this makes me feel alright, especially with the draft to come and the obvious addition at QB. I think a WR the likes of Golladay, JuJu or Fuller and a S, maybe Harris would put us in a good position for the draft. 

Think we need to remember turning the team round in one year is highly unlikely, competitive within the division? Maybe. 

I will try update this with further acquisitions as and when. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Definitely OL and TE. Plus every layer of the defense
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2021, 05:31 PM by BristolianJaguar.)

Update:

DT/DE
Brown
Robertson-Harris
Hamilton
Smoot
Costin
Alualu

Grade B+ / Brown is a significant addition and our Run D should be loads better.

Update:

WR
Chalk
Jones
Shenault
Johnson
Dorsett
Agnew

Grade B- / Jones is a solid addition. Was expecting a bigger splash here.

(03-16-2021, 05:16 PM)BristolianJaguar Wrote: As it stands after two days of Free Agency, the depth chart looks something like this. Please feel free to add, amend, comment etc. This is by no means the entire roster.

Grades are just for fun with quick thoughts. 

Offence:

QB
Minshew
Luton 

Grade: C- / We know what’s coming here. 

RB
Robinson 
Hyde 
Ozigbo
Armstead (Dont know is health status?) 

Grade: B- / Can’t knock how good Robinson was last season. Supporting cast is ok but needs work. 

OI
Norwell
Linder
Cann
Shatley
Bartch

Grade B+ / Solid core, want to see Bartch come on this year. 

OT 
Robinson 
Taylor
Richardson

Grade D / So much to be done here.

TE
Manhertz
Oliver 
Davis

Grade D+ / Manhertz is the top blocking TE good signing. But we need passing threats. Oliver??

WR 
Chalk
Shenault
Johnson
Dorsett
Agnew

Grade C+ / Chalk & Shenault are top quality, Johnson ok. Dorsett I don’t personally understand. 

Defence (based on 3-4 Scheme):

DT/DE
Robertson-Harris 
Hamilton
Smoot 
Costin
Alualu
Bryan

Grade B- / A lot of development needed but a good base. Other than Bryan who is useless. 

ILB
Jack
Schobert
Williams
Quarterman
Griffin

Grade B / if Jack or Schobert goes down we have to pray Williams/Quarterman steps up. 

OLB 
Allen
Chaisson
Ward

Grade B+ / Allen & Chaisson will flourish in the new scheme. Ravens fans seem high on Ward. 

CB
Henderson
Griffin 
Jones
Herndon
Claybrooks
Scott 

Grade B+ / Starting to look like a decent position for us as long as the top three stay health - average rotational back up. 

Jenkins
Ford 
Wilson 
Wingard
Jones 
Thomas

Grade C / Think we still need a true starter here. 

Special Teams:

K
Lambo

P
Cooke 

KR
Agnew
Claybrooks

PR
Agnew
Claybrooks 

Grade A / Lambo, Cooke and Agnew are official studs in ST. 

Personally seeing it like this makes me feel alright, especially with the draft to come and the obvious addition at QB. I think a WR the likes of Golladay, JuJu or Fuller and a S, maybe Harris would put us in a good position for the draft. 

Think we need to remember turning the team round in one year is highly unlikely, competitive within the division? Maybe. 

I will try update this with further acquisitions as and when. 

Ward is 6'5" 290 lbs. he's a 3-4 DE, not an OLB.

Thanks O-Line, posts I read had him down as OLB. Interesting, in that case we are starting to look relatively deep at DT/DE but seriously lacking at OLB? is this a fair statement?

(03-16-2021, 05:50 PM)BristolianJaguar Wrote: Thanks O-Line, posts I read had him down as OLB. Interesting, in that case we are starting to look relatively deep at DT/DE but seriously lacking at OLB? is this a fair statement?

I wouldn't say "seriously lacking."

Allen and Chaisson should be starters there.  Depth is certainly required, but can be found in mid-tier free agent signings and day 3 draft picks if a better free agent isn't landed.

OLB will end up as an A+ by the end of the season.

(03-16-2021, 06:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 05:50 PM)BristolianJaguar Wrote: Thanks O-Line, posts I read had him down as OLB. Interesting, in that case we are starting to look relatively deep at DT/DE but seriously lacking at OLB? is this a fair statement?

Allen and Chaisson should be starters there.  Depth is certainly required, but can be found in mid-tier free agent signings and day 3 draft picks if a better free agent isn't landed.

I would say seriously lacking based on sheer numbers.

I'd say a 3-4 defense should have anywhere between 8-10 LBs.  I don't think we have those numbers.

But I agree with you filling those numbers should not be an overly burdensome.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Great way to look at things. The other shoes should drop tomorrow as I believe all teams are to be under the cap by the 17th. Actually believe we will have 3 more wave of mass cuttings. One tomorrow, another after the draft and a third when practices begin
A new broom always sweeps clean.

The depth chart should Not be evaluated until the 53 Man roster is set in stone. Anything other is Ludicrous.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(03-16-2021, 07:40 PM)NH3 Wrote: The depth chart should Not be evaluated until the 53 Man roster is set in stone. Anything other is Ludicrous.

NH3...

Might as well speculate the progress... not much else to do until the draft/preseason.

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2021, 08:13 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Absolutely. We had an area of weakness coming into free agency at DE/DT, but now we are absolutely loaded with run stuffing type DT's and DE's. We are severely lacking outside pass rushers though that fit a 3-4 scheme. We have Allen and Chaisson and that's about it. We definitely need some rotational players who can get after the QB. Since the team apparently intends to ignore the glaring needs at OT, I believe we may take an edge pass rusher in the first or possibly second day of the draft depending on who is still on the board. I also look for us to sign an OLB type in free agency as well. We at least need a rotation of 4 guys. Allen missed a lot of time due to injury last season and Chaisson is still a complete enigma.

(03-16-2021, 06:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Allen missed a lot of time last season due to injury and Chaisson has yet to prove he can be an effective starter. I'd like to bring in at least one edge pass rusher who can consistently get after the QB.

WR looks deep too. I am thinking QB, TE, Pass Rush, OLB, RB as draft needs

Update

TE
Manhertz
O’Shaughnessy
Oliver
Davis

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2021, 07:06 PM by chris hill.)

WR updated:

DJ Chark
Marvin Jones
Laviska Shenault
Phillip Dorsett
Collin Johnson
Devin Agnew

Changed from C+ to B-

LOL.  A "depth chart" before the draft or the first day of training camp.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Who is Chalk ?

(03-17-2021, 08:22 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Who is Chalk ?

Just an outline of a guy

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Jaguars 2021 depth chart currently.. 

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/JAX

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2021, 10:08 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-25-2021, 08:14 PM)chris hill Wrote: Jaguars 2021 depth chart currently.. 

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/JAX

Lol, has us in a 4-3 and has Bryan over Brown, Wingard and Ford as the starting safeties lololol