Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
ESPN: Meyer not prepared basic functions of the NFL according to SeldomRite

(03-22-2021, 10:18 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 08:47 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Love the new thread title

Big Grin

Did you do that?  If so, +1,000 to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Urban can adapt. That was actually the 1st thing I thought of when the Pats got commitments from X number of players on Day 1 of tampering. Belichick knows how to cheat (as they were obviously in communication with free agents prior to Day 1) whereas Urban was playing by the rules.

(03-22-2021, 12:07 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 10:18 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Big Grin

Did you do that?  If so, +1,000 to you.

Yes I did.  Banana
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(03-22-2021, 01:13 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 12:07 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Did you do that?  If so, +1,000 to you.

Yes I did.  Banana

HILARIOUS !!

Lol

(03-22-2021, 01:13 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 12:07 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Did you do that?  If so, +1,000 to you.

Yes I did.  Banana

Praise Mod!!! 

The Lola Bunny Mod of our dreams, not the SeldomRite Space Jam 2 garbageeeee
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

It's looking more and more like the initial appraisals were correct.

Love the thread title. Plus one to the mod that changed it!

(11-27-2021, 11:18 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: It's looking more and more like the initial appraisals were correct.

I always am.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Meyer only accepted this job (besides the money) because he knew he had an elite QB coming his way plus a plethora of draft picks, and an owner who was willing to spend. Thought the deck would be stacked in his favor. I guess he now knows that drafting injured and average players and only signing people he personally knew was not a recipe for success.

(11-27-2021, 10:35 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Meyer only accepted this job (besides the money) because he knew he had an elite QB coming his way plus a plethora of draft picks, and an owner who was willing to spend. Thought the deck would be stacked in his favor. I guess he now knows that drafting injured and average players and only signing people he personally knew was not a recipe for success.

You assume he knows that now.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Fortune telling article

(11-27-2021, 10:35 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Meyer only accepted this job (besides the money) because he knew he had an elite QB coming his way plus a plethora of draft picks, and an owner who was willing to spend. Thought the deck would be stacked in his favor.

The odds were stacked in his favor, he just royally flushed them down the toilet.

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2021, 11:12 AM by SeldomRite. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-28-2021, 10:48 AM)Upper Wrote:
(11-27-2021, 10:35 PM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: Meyer only accepted this job (besides the money) because he knew he had an elite QB coming his way plus a plethora of draft picks, and an owner who was willing to spend. Thought the deck would be stacked in his favor.

The odds were stacked in his favor, he just royally flushed them down the toilet.

I get the feeling he came in much like Spurrier went into Washington, thinking the NFL was just like college, and he was going to breeze his way to a Superbowl or two, show how incompetent Saban was, then retire a few years after accepting the job as one of the all time greats.

Turns out the NFL isn't a "win because everyone around you is great" league, it's a "you've got to work harder than everyone else at identifying talent, because you don't get a massive amount chances to recruit talent, and identifying how to scheme your talent against the talent you're facing," league.

Meyer strikes me as the kind of guy who would spend most of his time sitting in his office playing farmville, then quickly minimizing the window whenever anyone comes in. He comes across as thinking his job should be the easiest in the building, and that his biggest responsibility is just talking to the media.

Khan gave him such a foolishly huge contract that even if he wants to get rid of him after this season I could see him hesitating to do so. Still, even if he doesn't, he should work to minimize the damage Meyer can do by taking roster decisions away from him and bringing in a real football person to make those decisions. Can't have another septic tank of a draft like they just did, and someone that understands value and roster building needs to be in charge of who gets signed again and who gets cut.

(11-28-2021, 11:11 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Meyer strikes me as the kind of guy who would spend most of his time sitting in his office playing farmville, then quickly minimizing the window whenever anyone comes in. He comes across as thinking his job should be the easiest in the building, and that his biggest responsibility is just talking to the media.

I think there has been some proof that this is true. He famously went golfing instead of the BYU pro day that 31 other teams went to. Every week there is some tweet about X number of teams FO or scouts at whichever college game, and the Jags are rarely on that list.

Meyer is a [BLEEP] joke at the NFL level

He was in no way ready for this [BLEEP]

Meyer has not shown the organizational skills to be an NFL HC.
No attention to detail
No game-plan that schemes WR open
No loyalty from players
No offensive or defensive creativity
No emotion on the sideline
No ability to identify and/or develop talent
i can go on and on. He's just not an NFL quality HC.

Our daily, "I don't do anything around here/not my responsibility" responses from Urbs....  Wallbash
https://twitter.com/JStCyrTV/status/1465069360335265796
https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...4832432140

from former florida gator players to former coaches, bust bust bust bust bust

just stay away

(11-28-2021, 05:35 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Our daily, "I don't do anything around here/not my responsibility" responses from Urbs....  Wallbash
https://twitter.com/JStCyrTV/status/1465069360335265796
https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...4832432140

And we have people on this message board trying to call Trevor a bust.