Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
ESPN: Meyer not prepared basic functions of the NFL according to SeldomRite

(11-28-2021, 07:31 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(11-28-2021, 05:35 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Our daily, "I don't do anything around here/not my responsibility" responses from Urbs....  Wallbash
https://twitter.com/JStCyrTV/status/1465069360335265796
https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...4832432140

And we have people on this message board trying to call Trevor a bust.

It’s downright appalling really. a friend texted me today: “Trevor = busy 100 percent”. I sent him these tweets. He’s working with a coach who literally either doesn’t know jack or throws his coaches under the bus

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2021, 08:27 PM by Jags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-28-2021, 05:35 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Our daily, "I don't do anything around here/not my responsibility" responses from Urbs....  Wallbash

Aside from making millions of dollars, what in the actual hell does this buffoon do?  Nothing is this man’s fault apparently.  Not the roster, the offense, not the defense, not the w-L record.   Hey, bumper dude, pay me a tenth of what this guy gets. I’ll at least give the same results. [BLEEP], I may even accidentally win an extra game so you can sell the golden ticket.

Imagine saying this in week [BLEEP] 12....
https://twitter.com/ColePepper/status/14...4294713361

(11-28-2021, 08:37 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Imagine saying this in week [BLEEP] 12....

Idk the question that was asked for that reply, but good gosh. I suppose Shad is making a [BLEEP] ton to keep on rolling with this.

Bingo.

The same exact reason why he wasted a 1st round pick on ETN (and signed Hyde because he's his boy). Urban didn't do any film work on this team before taking the job, or even after taking the job. He literally just admitted as much today when he said he still doesn't know what the players are capable of, even after a full off season, pre-season and 12 weeks of regular season games.

If Urban isn't fired, or quits, I have no doubt Robinson is either traded this coming off season, or he leaves in FA after next season because this [BLEEP] Urban Meyer is brain dead and useless. Robinson will be a RFA, but there's no way Urban will match an offer if he's still here. It's obvious he doesn't know what he has in Robinson, or he doesn't want him here. Either way it's pathetic.
https://twitter.com/LaurieFitzptrck/stat...7576872962

(11-28-2021, 08:25 PM)Jags Wrote:

Aside from making millions of dollars, what in the actual hell does this buffoon do?  Nothing is this man’s fault apparently.  Not the roster, the offense, not the defense, not the w-L record.   Hey, bumper dude, pay me a tenth of what this guy gets. I’ll at least give the same results. [BLEEP], I may even accidentally win an extra game so you can sell the golden ticket.

You would've had sense enough to give Robinson the ball 25 times a game starting week 1 and had a better backup RB than Hyde out there to spell him. That one piece of absolute basic common sense would've been good for maybe two additional wins already.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-28-2021, 08:37 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Imagine saying this in week [BLEEP] 12....

These [BLEEP] idiots should have had this evaluation complete in March and he says they are JUST figuring it out nine months later!!!

Holy hell. 

How can ppl defend this clownshow??

With a competent staff we'd definitely be experiencing more success but how much I wonder. Unlike the clots who purposely tanked to get Luck there was nothing intentional about our 1-15 season last year.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Odds are urban is here next year. Personally, I would show him the door, but I just don’t have any confidence that will happen. On the bright side, I do feel like our draft picks are starting to look a little better than originally anticipated. I still have a lot of faith in Trevor long term . Campbell is now looking good the last few games, Walker little has looked pretty competent and limited action, and some of the other guys are injured. I’m not totally lacking confidence in us to draft decently next go around.

(11-29-2021, 01:03 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: With a competent staff we'd definitely be experiencing more success but how much I wonder. Unlike the clots who purposely tanked to get Luck there was nothing intentional about our 1-15 season last year.

I honestly don't know anymore. There's games where they keep it interesting, closely contested and have a chance towards the end of regulation to tie it up at least. Then there's games where they look woefully unprepared and get dismantled on the football field as a consequence. 

The general fear is that Urban Meyer lacks the overall professionalism and knowledge to achieve success consistently at this level and he's going to be underwhelming at best regardless of what's brought to this roster. I just don't like what I have seen and heard from him. 

It's not a good look. Him and his staff are clearly not on the same page on a week in and week out basis and the product on the football field indicates this. Lawrence should be showing more signs of progress but it's too sporadic. I think, again, when you go back and look at what worked on the road against the Bengals. What worked on the road in London against the Dolphins. What worked yesterday against the Falcons. 

Why is it so difficult for Meyer and Bevell to make that the normal gameplan? One week you're having this kid practice the spread and RPO, something he excelled at during his time with Clemson. Then, the next? He's under center too much and being asked to essentially win from the pocket with a lackluster pool of receiving options with the injury bug and no real chemistry established. 

They cannot seem to make up their minds. Even the best in the business at the QB position are given some kind of easy and comfortable selection of plays to start a game, build some rhythm and get the juices flowing with the QB and the rest of the offense. These guys just seem to overthink it at times or just find ways to derail themselves.

It's almost like they're afraid of having actual success on a consistent level offensively. Maybe too much ego involved. Not sure. What is for sure though is that Bevell and Meyer have mismanaged the living hell out of Lawrence's skillset, his strengths and the overall usage of James Robinson.

I kept hearing it and seeing it all day yesterday when the Falcons had the football and around the horn with the other games. You see a lot of natural "pick" plays being used to get guys open. You see a lot of easy plays underneath with crossers, hitches and swing passes to the safety valves (TE and RB). This team rarely seems to have anything like this going on for Lawrence. 

Then when you hear [BLEEP] coming out of Urban's mouth like "I don't know why Robinson was pulled for X amount of snaps" or "I don't micromanage" and "We should have it figured out by now" when not realizing what your players are capable of by now? It's insane. It's [BLEEP] week twelve. Not preseason. Not training camp. Not even the first month of the year. 

By now you should have already a general feel of what works, what doesn't work, who belongs on the roster next year, who doesn't and where you're at personnel wise to start making very, very simple decisions as far as who the hell needs to be riding the bench and who the hell needs to be getting more snaps and opportunities for next year's roster. 

This guy just flat out in more ways than one told the entire city, team, media and NFL that he's:

A. In over his [BLEEP] head.
B. Not doing his actual [BLEEP] job, which is to pretty much manage your personnel and coaching staff. Since, you know, that was apart of the deal with getting the job to begin with when interviewed by Khan?
C. He doesn't have any clue on how to gameplan effectively. 

This is going to be a long, long Winter. And it's going to be an even longer Spring and Summer regardless of who ends up coaching this team and running the general manager position. I say that, because, there's going to be sweeping coaching changes with his staff next year. He's going to throw Bevell and Schottenheimer under the bus for this year's incompetence and he's going to bring in two new goons to take up the mantle for his inability to coach a staff properly or make executive decisions when it comes to his own roster. 

That's [BLEEP] terrifying. This guy encompasses everything that was bad and wrong with Jack Del Rio, Gus Bradley and Doug Marrone on every single level. He needs to go. Before Lawrence basically ends up being the next Alex Smith.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-29-2021, 01:31 PM)Caldrac Wrote: This guy just flat out in more ways than one told the entire city, team, media and NFL that he's:

B. Not doing his actual [BLEEP] job, which is to pretty much manage your personnel and coaching staff. Since, you know, that was apart of the deal with getting the job to begin with when interviewed by Khan?

This is going to be a long, long Winter. And it's going to be an even longer Spring and Summer regardless of who ends up coaching this team and running the general manager position. I say that, because, there's going to be sweeping coaching changes with his staff next year. He's going to throw Bevell and Schottenheimer under the bus for this year's incompetence and he's going to bring in two new goons to take up the mantle for his inability to coach a staff properly or make executive decisions when it comes to his own roster. 

That's [BLEEP] terrifying. This guy encompasses everything that was bad and wrong with Jack Del Rio, Gus Bradley and Doug Marrone on every single level. He needs to go. Before Lawrence basically ends up being the next Alex Smith.

It is fairly terrifying to consider the quality of OC he will be able to attract. Maybe someone competent wants to work with Lawrence. Having to tolerate Urban will definitely limit the pool of candidates substantially.

(11-29-2021, 01:03 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: With a competent staff we'd definitely be experiencing more success but how much I wonder. Unlike the clots who purposely tanked to get Luck there was nothing intentional about our 1-15 season last year.

Please stop.  This is absolutely ridiculous.  

We would have at least 4, maybe 5 wins now and Trevor would be looking a lot better if we hadn't shat the bed with the Urban Error.

(11-29-2021, 02:04 PM)Khan Artist Wrote:

Please stop.  This is absolutely ridiculous.  

We would have at least 4, maybe 5 wins now and Trevor would be looking a lot better if we hadn't shat the bed with the Urban Error.

Didn't I say we'd be experiencing more success or do you have a reading comprehension problem? 4 or 5 wins for the season sounds about right. I think Trevor would look a little better but I wonder how much of the accuracy issues are him and how much are the wide receivers. You don't typically see a franchise level QBs flat out miss guys in what should be easy throw scenarios.

(11-29-2021, 01:31 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

I honestly don't know anymore. There's games where they keep it interesting, closely contested and have a chance towards the end of regulation to tie it up at least. Then there's games where they look woefully unprepared and get dismantled on the football field as a consequence. 

The general fear is that Urban Meyer lacks the overall professionalism and knowledge to achieve success consistently at this level and he's going to be underwhelming at best regardless of what's brought to this roster. I just don't like what I have seen and heard from him. 

It's not a good look. Him and his staff are clearly not on the same page on a week in and week out basis and the product on the football field indicates this. Lawrence should be showing more signs of progress but it's too sporadic. I think, again, when you go back and look at what worked on the road against the Bengals. What worked on the road in London against the Dolphins. What worked yesterday against the Falcons. 

Why is it so difficult for Meyer and Bevell to make that the normal gameplan? One week you're having this kid practice the spread and RPO, something he excelled at during his time with Clemson. Then, the next? He's under center too much and being asked to essentially win from the pocket with a lackluster pool of receiving options with the injury bug and no real chemistry established. 

They cannot seem to make up their minds. Even the best in the business at the QB position are given some kind of easy and comfortable selection of plays to start a game, build some rhythm and get the juices flowing with the QB and the rest of the offense. These guys just seem to overthink it at times or just find ways to derail themselves.

It's almost like they're afraid of having actual success on a consistent level offensively. Maybe too much ego involved. Not sure. What is for sure though is that Bevell and Meyer have mismanaged the living hell out of Lawrence's skillset, his strengths and the overall usage of James Robinson.

I kept hearing it and seeing it all day yesterday when the Falcons had the football and around the horn with the other games. You see a lot of natural "pick" plays being used to get guys open. You see a lot of easy plays underneath with crossers, hitches and swing passes to the safety valves (TE and RB). This team rarely seems to have anything like this going on for Lawrence. 

Then when you hear [BLEEP] coming out of Urban's mouth like "I don't know why Robinson was pulled for X amount of snaps" or "I don't micromanage" and "We should have it figured out by now" when not realizing what your players are capable of by now? It's insane. It's [BLEEP] week twelve. Not preseason. Not training camp. Not even the first month of the year. 

By now you should have already a general feel of what works, what doesn't work, who belongs on the roster next year, who doesn't and where you're at personnel wise to start making very, very simple decisions as far as who the hell needs to be riding the bench and who the hell needs to be getting more snaps and opportunities for next year's roster. 

This guy just flat out in more ways than one told the entire city, team, media and NFL that he's:

I think the team was improving from a horrible start up until the London game. Since then it's been real choppy. The Bills game was obviously a fluke but overall the defense hasn't played that badly even though they've had some periods where they can't seem to get off the field. I think a better coach would have gotten us over the top in a few games where it seemed like we were right there. I'm gonna say we'd have won 4 or 5 games this year but I think the arrow would have been trending up going into the offseason.

At this point it feels Gus Bradley era hopeless. As flawed as JDR was as a coach, I'd take him any day over what we're seeing today.

(11-29-2021, 02:49 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 02:04 PM)Khan Artist Wrote: Please stop.  This is absolutely ridiculous.  

Didn't I say we'd be experiencing more success or do you have a reading comprehension problem? 4 or 5 wins for the season sounds about right. I think Trevor would look a little better but I wonder how much of the accuracy issues are him and how much are the wide receivers. You don't typically see a franchise level QBs flat out miss guys in what should be easy throw scenarios.

(11-29-2021, 01:31 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I honestly don't know anymore. There's games where they keep it interesting, closely contested and have a chance towards the end of regulation to tie it up at least. Then there's games where they look woefully unprepared and get dismantled on the football field as a consequence. 

I think the team was improving from a horrible start up until the London game. Since then it's been real choppy. The Bills game was obviously a fluke but overall the defense hasn't played that badly even though they've had some periods where they can't seem to get off the field. I think a better coach would have gotten us over the top in a few games where it seemed like we were right there. I'm gonna say we'd have won 4 or 5 games this year but I think the arrow would have been trending up going into the offseason.

At this point it feels Gus Bradley era hopeless. As flawed as JDR was as a coach, I'd take him any day over what we're seeing today.

I can read just fine.  You wanna straddle a fence because you were ready to excuse Urban in previous weeks and aren't ready to actually jump onto the fire Meyer bandwagon.

It's okay.  I understand some of you guys want to keep watching bad football for the next decade for some asinine reason.

Our arrow is pointing hilariously, catastrophically down and Urban is going to have to check with his coordinators before he can tell us why.

(11-29-2021, 05:21 PM)Khan Artist Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 02:49 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Didn't I say we'd be experiencing more success or do you have a reading comprehension problem? 4 or 5 wins for the season sounds about right. I think Trevor would look a little better but I wonder how much of the accuracy issues are him and how much are the wide receivers. You don't typically see a franchise level QBs flat out miss guys in what should be easy throw scenarios.

I can read just fine.  You wanna straddle a fence because you were ready to excuse Urban in previous weeks and aren't ready to actually jump onto the fire Meyer bandwagon.

It's okay.  I understand some of you guys want to keep watching bad football for the next decade for some asinine reason.

Our arrow is pointing hilariously, catastrophically down and Urban is going to have to check with his coordinators before he can tell us why.

No, I can see nuance when it comes to what's happening with the team. I was luke warm about Meyer from the beginning due to his lack of experience but hoped for the best. I've been mildly amused by the shrillness of some of the negativity but I understand it.

By the way, you're awfully familiar with some of the posting history around here for a new user. Just so you know, once you've been banned, signing up with a new account is prohibited too.

More bull [BLEEP]
https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...0690764803

(11-29-2021, 08:09 PM)Eric1 Wrote: More bull [BLEEP]
https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...0690764803

More juice in his legs? He going to get busted for roids after that performance?

Welp.

Notre Dame job just opened…..

Is pretty obvious and why it looks like some of Lawrence's throws are so off

Should not still be happening in week 12
https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...8176815104

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2021, 09:29 PM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-29-2021, 09:13 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Welp.

Notre Dame job just opened…..

Come get him!!!
https://twitter.com/BillyM_91/status/146...7891268614
https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1465491981501673473