Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
1st visit to the TIAA Bank Stadium

I've been a Jaguars fan since 97 and lurker on the old Jungle message board. Beings I'm from Iowa I've only been to 5 Jags games over the years. KC, Indy, and Minnesota. Needless to say I've always wanted to check out Jacksonville. 

Well I finally got the opportunity as we recently traveled to Florida to visit family. On the drive back we ventured over that way. While I didn't get to go inside for a tour I was still pumped to just see the stadium. 

First impressions, things seem a tad run down in certain areas. Parking lots mainly. What is this lot J project I keep hearing about?? The stadium almost seems by itself and unnoticed. I also had to remind myself that they only won 1 game last season. 

While we took a few pictures in front of the Jaguar a few employees were making their way out. One of them being Urban Meyer, which had me a bit starstruck to say the least. They were probably just confused as to why any fans would visit the stadium in March and be so excited to boot lol. Overall I'm optimistic for the future and would love to come back for a game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Downtown is a bit neglected here compared to other cities (although the negative reviews given by locals are usually comically over the top). Also it's March which we Floridians view as arctic-like except for the occasional 89 degree day.

Come back for a game. Game days are usually pretty fun even though the team has sucked for years. Maybe it'll change soon and then it'll really rock.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

The stadium was built in the mid 1990’s. It’s had some upgrades over the years but we’ve never been good enough to warrant a new stadium.

The parking lots have looked the same ever since the beginning. Trevor Lawrence will probably build us a new stadium soon.

It might sound stupid but it was a bucket list item for me. On top of that my kids were super excited too. I look forward to attending a game down there someday.

(03-20-2021, 10:10 AM)HawkJag87 Wrote: It might sound stupid but it was a bucket list item for me. On top of that my kids were super excited too. I look forward to attending a game down there someday.

Hey bro, next time your in town during the season just send me a PM and I’ll give you my tickets for that week. I’ve been a season ticket holder since 2007 and I’m always willing to help out our fans.

I have 3 seats in section 215.

(03-20-2021, 10:23 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(03-20-2021, 10:10 AM)HawkJag87 Wrote: It might sound stupid but it was a bucket list item for me. On top of that my kids were super excited too. I look forward to attending a game down there someday.

Hey bro, next time your in town during the season just send me a PM and I’ll give you my tickets for that week. I’ve been a season ticket holder since 2007 and I’m always willing to help out our fans.

No kidding?!? That's easily one of the nicest gestures I've ever encountered. I may just take you up on that. As a diehard fan I wouldn't ever be able to thank you enough.

your a cool dude! Probably the nicest post I’ve seen on here

Such True Love for a fellow Jaguar fan. If I wasn't known on this board, I'd mysteriously become an Avid Out of Town Jaguar fan as well. 

You Da Man.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(03-20-2021, 10:47 AM)HawkJag87 Wrote:
(03-20-2021, 10:23 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Hey bro, next time your in town during the season just send me a PM and I’ll give you my tickets for that week. I’ve been a season ticket holder since 2007 and I’m always willing to help out our fans.

No kidding?!? That's easily one of the nicest gestures I've ever encountered. I may just take you up on that. As a diehard fan I wouldn't ever be able to thank you enough.

No kidding 
I’m always willing to help out a fellow Jags fan

(03-20-2021, 12:24 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(03-20-2021, 10:47 AM)HawkJag87 Wrote: No kidding?!? That's easily one of the nicest gestures I've ever encountered. I may just take you up on that. As a diehard fan I wouldn't ever be able to thank you enough.

No kidding 

As much disdain as we have for management, the love we show for one another on here is amazing.

Good form

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(03-20-2021, 12:24 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(03-20-2021, 10:47 AM)HawkJag87 Wrote: No kidding?!? That's easily one of the nicest gestures I've ever encountered. I may just take you up on that. As a diehard fan I wouldn't ever be able to thank you enough.

No kidding 

I look forward to meeting you and some other board members someday. I truly appreciate it guys. The comedic value of the message boards over the years has been great too.

I've watched nearly every game since 97 and rep a Jaguars hat or shirt pretty often still. It was a true childhood dream come true I enjoyed with own children.

(03-20-2021, 09:39 AM)HawkJag87 Wrote: I've been a Jaguars fan since 97 and lurker on the old Jungle message board. Beings I'm from Iowa I've only been to 5 Jags games over the years. KC, Indy, and Minnesota. Needless to say I've always wanted to check out Jacksonville. 

Well I finally got the opportunity as we recently traveled to Florida to visit family. On the drive back we ventured over that way. While I didn't get to go inside for a tour I was still pumped to just see the stadium. 

First impressions, things seem a tad run down in certain areas. Parking lots mainly. What is this lot J project I keep hearing about?? The stadium almost seems by itself and unnoticed. I also had to remind myself that they only won 1 game last season. 

While we took a few pictures in front of the Jaguar a few employees were making their way out. One of them being Urban Meyer, which had me a bit starstruck to say the least. They were probably just confused as to why any fans would visit the stadium in March and be so excited to boot lol. Overall I'm optimistic for the future and would love to come back for a game.

Here's recent news on Lot J.

https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/t...whats-next

It doesn't sound stupid at all.

I think those of us who have had the ability to go to games on a regular basis to see our favorite team can often lose sight of how fortunate we are to do so.  There are fans like you who are elsewhere in the country that don't get the chance to see the team.  I hope you get the chance to go to several games and that we have a team good enough to reward your efforts and expenditures,  Having Trevor Lawrence would help.

Yes, the downtown area has been long neglected-especially the riverfront.  The Lot J you've been hearing about-which has since been stupidly voted down by our city council-was one of Khan's efforts to develop that downtown area.  The Shipyards project-Khan's original project designed to upgrade the area-is still on the table as far as I know, but they hit a snag when it came to the cleanup.  But even assuming they reached an agreement over the cleanup, completion of the massive project would be years from now.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-20-2021, 10:23 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Hey bro, next time your in town during the season just send me a PM and I’ll give you my tickets for that week. I’ve been a season ticket holder since 2007 and I’m always willing to help out our fans.

Hey man, I'm new in town too (only been here 20+ years but everything still seems new to me).  Can I have your tix to the Jags - Bills game so I can resale them to Bills Mafia and make an abundant amount of money?

Thanks -- I appreciate it.

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2021, 11:07 PM by JagFanatic24.)

(04-01-2021, 09:35 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Hey man, I'm new in town too (only been here 20+ years but everything still seems new to me).  Can I have your tix to the Jags - Bills game so I can resale them to Bills Mafia and make an abundant amount of money?

Thanks -- I appreciate it.

I have an idea...if u want to go to a game then let me know which game, and meet me at gate 3 and I will get you in the gate Smile

(03-20-2021, 02:03 PM)HawkJag87 Wrote:
(03-20-2021, 12:24 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: No kidding 

I look forward to meeting you and some other board members someday. I truly appreciate it guys. The comedic value of the message boards over the years has been great too.

I've watched nearly every game since 97 and rep a Jaguars hat or shirt pretty often still. It was a true childhood dream come true I enjoyed with own children.

Yeah man for sure. Keep representing no matter what. Go Jags

When Jacksonville was awarded the team I was away in the Army. When I finally got out and was able to go to a game my dad took me. He had season tickets in the north end zone in the third row up from the field. I was in total awe of the whole facility but especially the giant posters (murals?) of Mark Brunnell and others in the Hall of Fame I think it was called. That was around 2004 IIRC. Maybe late 90s before I moved to Germany. Its been awhile! We went to many games together until I moved 10 years ago.

I'd love to go to a game again but I live in NC now and dad can't go to games anymore due to health issues. I hope you and your family are able to get to a game soon!

I'll be hitting you up if i ever make it. Seen a couple games in Buffalo as im near Toronto and also been a long time lurker on the board and the team since i got into football in around 2004-ish, i guess.