Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Found this interesting that kinda supports some of the naysayers in Lawerence

There are some media heads that are not 100% sold on Lawrenece.  To play the devils advocate here is an interesting stat if you believe in PFF.  Going through the reads quickly and effectively is near the top of the most important aspects for a QB.  Lawrence was by no means bottom class in grade after first read.  He was much lower than the other top guys in the class.  Scroll to around 3:05 on this video to see how Lawrence compares:

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So Lawrence is a 1st read QB only as per this article and him and Zach Wilson will struggle like hell... ok.

Blasphemy!!

So as great as he is now, imagine how great he'll be when he straightens that stuff out.

Room for improvement! That's a good thing.

Did he address Trevor being that low?

I'd be interested to see his spin on that. Because he's essentially saying Mac will be bad because of this stat, but he's so in love with Trevor so how does he find a way to make it bad for Mac but fine for Trevor?

Cowherd doesn't have any consistent standards.

My question is, do the pundits dog on TL if he was going to the jets?

Or is this just more Jag hate in disguise?

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Between the Superbowl and the Draft, these guys have absolutely nothing else to talk about

(04-17-2021, 09:34 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: My question is, do the pundits dog on TL if he was going to the jets?

They're just looking for something to talk about.  They're analyzing all these draft picks to death, and the only thing they can find to say about Trevor Lawrence is that he's too mature and well-adjusted and not insecure enough to be the best he can be.  

And to be fair, it's only a few pundits.  Most of them have said they have no problem with what Trevor said.

My thing is there are any number of factors that could contribute to that figure.

I don't in any way believe that he is somehow averse to 2nd read receivers, or that he totally forgets the fundamentals of quarterbacking going from his first read to the second.

Pressure from the pass rush could impact that number.

Making a sensible decision to throw a pass away could impact that number.

Surrounding talent could impact that number, as could level of competition.

This is why most of these PFF stats are of little use to me.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-18-2021, 05:32 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-17-2021, 09:34 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: My question is, do the pundits dog on TL if he was going to the jets?

They're just looking for something to talk about.  They're analyzing all these draft picks to death, and the only thing they can find to say about Trevor Lawrence is that he's too mature and well-adjusted and not insecure enough to be the best he can be.  

And to be fair, it's only a few pundits.  Most of them have said they have no problem with what Trevor said.

Yeah this is how it goes now. Lawrence is the #1 pick, everyones been raving about him, the only talking point left is if you dont think hes good enough.

Same way Fields was a lock at #2 but then Wilson caught their eye and he was better. Then Mac Jones was the new stud. Seems they just want 'the other guy'

If they were actually a GM and their [BLEEP] were on the line with this pick....whole different story

BWWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA...

"naysayers"...lol.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

How much of that comes down to scheme? Players available? Opponents faced? Etc...

(04-18-2021, 08:31 AM)Bullseye Wrote: My thing is there are any number of factors that could contribute to that figure.

I don't in any way believe that he is somehow averse to 2nd read receivers, or that he totally forgets the fundamentals of quarterbacking going from his first read to the second.

I was listening to the O-zone podcast with Tony Pauline, and he said that in 2020, Clemson had 4 new offensive linemen and their receivers were very mediocre.

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2021, 09:57 AM by Mikey.)

They dog on TL only because it's the only story they can put legs to.

There is not really any debate thanks to Urbz' comments earlier this year all but confirming him as our pick, so practically every mock has had him cemented at 1. That killed a lot of their opportunity to hypothesize and banter over the merits of anyone else there, or even trading back (remember Vic's pot-stirring in re: Carolina?). The dude is not a social media magnate, doesn't have disciplinary issues, etc. The only thing they have to go on is cherry-picked stats or criticism over whether or not he holds a grudge when someone beats him or writes something bad about him.

If he were going to the Jets, the same articles would pop up, but there would also be the added bonus of whether or not Adam Gase would ruin a sure-thing prospect like Trevor.

(04-18-2021, 08:31 AM)Bullseye Wrote: My thing is there are any number of factors that could contribute to that figure.

on the issue of surrounding talent, that would be one of my questions - how often is he going to second read vs. the others evaluated? Is it more that his first read is getting open every darn time, and the second reads are either broken plays/missed blocks? Does he run more than throw to the second read? You can't force an evaluation on just one stat, no matter what stat it is. There's always other data that is going to help paint the picture and put things in proper perspective.

(04-19-2021, 06:01 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

I was listening to the O-zone podcast with Tony Pauline, and he said that in 2020, Clemson had 4 new offensive linemen and their receivers were very mediocre.
Ugh.

I knew they were over matched against Ohio State, but I didn't think it was this bad.

The true talent evaluators who do this for a living understand and know who is the best QB in this draft. The radio personalities , writers and TV pundits don't really have a clue. They regurgitate what the read. The have to produce content everyday so might has well question everything and see how much controversy they can create.
Mine is bigger.

(04-19-2021, 09:54 AM)Mikey Wrote:

on the issue of surrounding talent, that would be one of my questions - how often is he going to second read vs. the others evaluated? Is it more that his first read is getting open every darn time, and the second reads are either broken plays/missed blocks? Does he run more than throw to the second read? You can't force an evaluation on just one stat, no matter what stat it is. There's always other data that is going to help paint the picture and put things in proper perspective.

Exactly.

I had the same thoughts.

The media needs to just accept that Jax is about to be good for a while.