Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NBA Ratings crash

(04-20-2021, 02:15 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(04-20-2021, 12:16 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Anything remotely backing up this statement?

You mean like this?   As I noted above, I don't blame them I'm just saying that it's destroying the regular season....

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/antho...y-vs-mavs/

"The prognosis originally called for him to return around the All-Star break, but the Lakers have exercised an abundance of caution with their superstar big man."

Lol. He was medically cleared like two days ago. 

You're stating this as if he's been cleared and just resting for the last month, so no, not like that at all.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-20-2021, 03:27 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(04-20-2021, 02:15 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: You mean like this?   As I noted above, I don't blame them I'm just saying that it's destroying the regular season....

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/antho...y-vs-mavs/

"The prognosis originally called for him to return around the All-Star break, but the Lakers have exercised an abundance of caution with their superstar big man."

Lol. He was medically cleared like two days ago. 

You're stating this as if he's been cleared and just resting for the last month, so no, not like that at all.

"cleared" --- doctors being paid by the team.  That's kind of like Frank Frangie critiquing the Jaguars.

(04-20-2021, 03:42 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(04-20-2021, 03:27 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Lol. He was medically cleared like two days ago. 

"cleared" --- doctors being paid by the team.  That's kind of like Frank Frangie critiquing the Jaguars.

So they're having him sit a dozen extra games on top of the 20 he legitimately missed, as well as not practicing whatsoever during that span in an attempt to (extra!!!) rest the guy? After already missing (and resting) 1/4 of the season? All while conspiring to circumvent the new load management rules? And with +/-15 games to go and two new teammates added to the roster? 

Not too mention the best player is also out during the same stretch and their offense is in the tank, and they're also fighting to maintain a 4 game cushion for a playoff spot while playing .500 ball. Gotta say that sounds like a loooooooooooooot of trouble for a little extra rest lol. 

Take the L man, you sound ridiculous.

(04-21-2021, 01:41 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(04-20-2021, 03:42 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: "cleared" --- doctors being paid by the team.  That's kind of like Frank Frangie critiquing the Jaguars.

So they're having him sit a dozen extra games on top of the 20 he legitimately missed, as well as not practicing whatsoever during that span in an attempt to (extra!!!) rest the guy? After already missing (and resting) 1/4 of the season? All while conspiring to circumvent the new load management rules? And with +/-15 games to go and two new teammates added to the roster? 

Not too mention the best player is also out during the same stretch and their offense is in the tank, and they're also fighting to maintain a 4 game cushion for a playoff spot while playing .500 ball. Gotta say that sounds like a loooooooooooooot of trouble for a little extra rest lol. 

Why are you all up in arms over this, I clearly said I don't blame the players and team but apparently you cannot comprehend that part of my posts.  The fact of the matter is more players are taking extensive time off and it's hurting the regular season.  It's a proven fact.

Even if we concede that argument, ratings would still be down. Whether it's warranted or not, many people don't want to watch sports if it's being politicized. It's not rocket science.

That said, conservatives are foolish for thinking the NBA is losing money. On the flip side, liberals are foolish to think all of this politicization is organic. Americans are too self-absorbed to realize that China is weaponizing industry to influence our political climate, while simultaneously expanding their consumer presence. We will be an afterthought in the near future. Big corporations are reading the tea leaves. Why do you think the MLB, where a majority of players are conservative, is making the choices it's making? It wants to follow the money. All signs point towards China. Trump's economic war with China was one of the most important aspects of his Presidency, that often got overlooked because he's a blathering idiot at times.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2021, 09:13 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(04-22-2021, 08:29 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 01:41 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: So they're having him sit a dozen extra games on top of the 20 he legitimately missed, as well as not practicing whatsoever during that span in an attempt to (extra!!!) rest the guy? After already missing (and resting) 1/4 of the season? All while conspiring to circumvent the new load management rules? And with +/-15 games to go and two new teammates added to the roster? 

Why are you all up in arms over this, I clearly said I don't blame the players and team but apparently you cannot comprehend that part of my posts.  The fact of the matter is more players are taking extensive time off and it's hurting the regular season.  It's a proven fact.

The NBA sucks dude. Quit trying to make excuses. The NBA no longer has must-see star power.

(04-22-2021, 08:55 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Even if we concede that argument, ratings would still be down. Whether it's warranted or not, many people don't want to watch sports if it's being politicized. It's not rocket science.

That said, conservatives are foolish for thinking the NBA is losing money. On the flip side, liberals are foolish to think all of this politicization is organic. Americans are too self-absorbed to realize that China is weaponizing industry to influence our political climate, while simultaneously expanding their consumer presence. We will be an afterthought in the near future. Big corporations are reading the tea leaves. Why do you think the MLB, where a majority of players are conservative, is making the choices it's making? It wants to follow the money. All signs point towards China. Trump's economic war with China was one of the most important aspects of his Presidency, that often got overlooked because he's a blathering idiot at times.

The NBA is not losing money solely because of China and that is apparent in the way leadership and its players are scared to death to criticize them. Their dismal ratings in the US are lower than Below Deck on Bravo, and 90% of their fanbase are young and unemployed and rely on their parents to buy them shoes, team merchandise and attend games. 

The NBA is certainly and will continue to trend downward in the US.

(04-22-2021, 08:29 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 01:41 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: So they're having him sit a dozen extra games on top of the 20 he legitimately missed, as well as not practicing whatsoever during that span in an attempt to (extra!!!) rest the guy? After already missing (and resting) 1/4 of the season? All while conspiring to circumvent the new load management rules? And with +/-15 games to go and two new teammates added to the roster? 

I typed one sentence in response to you about all 4 players being legitimately injured. Hardly up in arms. 

But then you doubled down on your nonsense. Could've just said you are a casual NBA fan and weren't aware of the cirsumstances but nope. So I'd say if anyone is up in arms, because they don't want to be wrong about something very obvious, it's you.