Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Caitlyn Jenner - GOP CA Governor

Definitely going to be interesting to see if the Republican party is inclusive as Caitlyn will need to make it through the primary prior to advancing to the general election.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-25-2021, 05:48 PM)copycat Wrote:
(04-24-2021, 02:38 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Basically I am asking, would you refuse to support a transgender candidate because he/she is transgender?

Marty you have finally asked the right question.  It is my experience that conservatives just don’t care.  Conservatives in general will accept anyone of like minded thinking.  They will not approve of lifestyles but are willing to accept them even when they do not understand them.  “Love the sinner not the sin”.  Liberal ideology on the other hand have a litmus test that if you do not conform too you must be destroyed.  Just my observation.

Marty was playing the gotcha game, but I'm not sure I agree with your response. Progressives also support anyone with like minded thinking. In fact, it's a pre-condition to co-exist. The difference is that American conservative values allow for differences of opinions, provided it exist within the constitutional framework, whereas progressive values allow for differences of opinions, so long as it tears down the constitutional framework. Liberals like Marty just don't want to acknowledge the goals of progressives.

A conservative transgender like Jenner still has less mental illness than a Democrat.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-25-2021, 06:21 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Definitely going to be interesting to see if the Republican party is inclusive as Caitlyn will need to make it through the primary prior to advancing to the general election.
Will have nothing to do with what he is calling himself or wearing.

His opinions and beliefs are RINO, so no chance.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2021, 06:28 AM by The Real Marty.)

(04-25-2021, 09:02 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(04-25-2021, 05:48 PM)copycat Wrote: Marty you have finally asked the right question.  It is my experience that conservatives just don’t care.  Conservatives in general will accept anyone of like minded thinking.  They will not approve of lifestyles but are willing to accept them even when they do not understand them.  “Love the sinner not the sin”.  Liberal ideology on the other hand have a litmus test that if you do not conform too you must be destroyed.  Just my observation.

Marty was playing the gotcha game, but I'm not sure I agree with your response. Progressives also support anyone with like minded thinking. In fact, it's a pre-condition to co-exist. The difference is that American conservative values allow for differences of opinions, provided it exist within the constitutional framework, whereas progressive values allow for differences of opinions, so long as it tears down the constitutional framework. Liberals like Marty just don't want to acknowledge the goals of progressives.

What makes you think I'm a liberal?

What makes you think I asked a "gotcha" question?  Where is the trap in that question?

(04-25-2021, 09:02 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(04-25-2021, 05:48 PM)copycat Wrote: Marty you have finally asked the right question.  It is my experience that conservatives just don’t care.  Conservatives in general will accept anyone of like minded thinking.  They will not approve of lifestyles but are willing to accept them even when they do not understand them.  “Love the sinner not the sin”.  Liberal ideology on the other hand have a litmus test that if you do not conform too you must be destroyed.  Just my observation.

That is absolutely not true. Conservatives, especially "Trumpers" are some of the most close-minded and argumentative people I have ever met. They are every bit as intolerant of differing opinions as the liberals are. They are just two sides of the same coin. That's why there is so much divisiveness in this country. Each side portrays themselves as being repressed by the other. That's why I refuse to align myself with either side. It's maddening!

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2021, 08:17 AM by Lucky2Last.)

Firstly, hardcore Trump supporters are not conservatives, but it doesn't matter, because it doesn't change my point. Both progressives and conservatives require people to think like-mindedly. I'm just saying the framework is different with regards to each one. Conservatives allow for a difference of opinion with regards to the role the federal government plays, but they don't budge with the constitution. Progressives don't care about the constitution, they only care about social justice, which, ultimately wants to completely abolish the American system. Since my post is directed at liberals and moderates, I'm basically asking them which one of those two do they support more?

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2021, 09:09 AM by The Real Marty.)

(04-26-2021, 08:10 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Firstly, hardcore Trump supporters are not conservatives, but it doesn't matter, because it doesn't change my point. Both progressives and conservatives require people to think like-mindedly. I'm just saying the framework is different with regards to each one. Conservatives allow for a difference of opinion with regards to the role the federal government plays, but they don't budge with the constitution. Progressives don't care about the constitution, they only care about social justice, which, ultimately wants to completely abolish the American system. Since my post is directed at liberals and moderates, I'm basically asking them which one of those two do they support more?

So you want to ask liberals and moderates to choose between social justice and the constitution? 

I am not a liberal.  I am perhaps a moderate and perhaps a conservative on a lot of things and maybe a liberal on a few things.  I don't know how many times I have to say this, but I am a capitalist.  I believe in capitalism, private property, and free enterprise.  I believe in social justice as long as it can exist within a framework of capitalism, private property, and free enterprise, because, for one reason, I believe capitalism, private property, and free enterprise are the best way to ensure the greatest benefit to the greatest number of people.  I strongly believe that if we make everyone equal, all we will accomplish is that we will make everyone equally poor.  

Choosing between social justice and the constitution is like choosing between broccoli and baseball.  They are not mutually exclusive.  In fact, if you read the preamble to the constitution, it is a call for social justice, and it is also calls for preserving liberty, which I define as including, among other things, the right to private property and the freedom to run a business in a capitalistic way.  

"...in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity..."

The Constitution calls for social justice AND liberty.  

On the other hand, the US Constitution is one of the big advantages this country has to protect our capitalistic economic system, because without the protections of the Constitution, a lot of our capitalistic system could be endangered by the government.   In addition to that, we cannot have true social justice without a Constitution.  

So if I absolutely had to choose, I guess I would choose the Constitution.  But I don't think that's a choice we have to make.  

I don't care if the dude is Republican or Democrat.. He had his wang cut off, dude’s a nut case.. Or did he cut that off too?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(04-26-2021, 10:17 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I don't care if the dude is Republican or Democrat.. He had his wang cut off, dude’s a nut case.. Or did he cut that off too?

I don't think he had is wang cut off, did he?

(04-26-2021, 10:43 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 10:17 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I don't care if the dude is Republican or Democrat.. He had his wang cut off, dude’s a nut case.. Or did he cut that off too?

I think he has a young girlfriend.

(04-26-2021, 10:43 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

He had gender reassignment surgery.. If you dare to google what they did to his doodle, If you use your noodle, you'd rather have it cut off..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(04-26-2021, 10:50 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 10:43 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I don't think he had is wang cut off, did he?

He had gender reassignment surgery.. If you dare to google what they did to his doodle, If you use your noodle, you'd rather have it cut off..

Turn it inside out then stuff it up in there.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-26-2021, 06:21 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-25-2021, 09:02 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Marty was playing the gotcha game, but I'm not sure I agree with your response. Progressives also support anyone with like minded thinking. In fact, it's a pre-condition to co-exist. The difference is that American conservative values allow for differences of opinions, provided it exist within the constitutional framework, whereas progressive values allow for differences of opinions, so long as it tears down the constitutional framework. Liberals like Marty just don't want to acknowledge the goals of progressives.

What makes you think I'm a liberal?

What makes you think I asked a "gotcha" question?  Where is the trap in that question?

It's a gotcha question because it was preceded by a supposition that conservatives don't care how he/she/it stands on the issues. Remember stating that? So what else would you call a question that tries to reduce a choice to one question without any context?

As for the liberal thing (and your last response), I think most Americans don't really put much thought into political affiliations. For most of the US history, the parties differed on one primary issue: State or federal power. That's it. The constitution was the framework, and every other issue was simply about who got to make the final decision, the state or the federal government. In the early 1900's, you get, for the first time, a group that is pushing the bounds of the constitution, which are known as progressives.

For simplicity's sake, I am going to give a rough outline of how I think these different groups are structured. 

Conservatives: State's rights are paramount, strictly adhere to the constitution, limited federal government, favor individual liberty and capitalism
Liberals: Federal government is supreme, adhere to the constitution, big federal government, favor individual liberty and capitalism
Moderates/Independents: Balance between state and federal government, adhere to the constitution, mixed federal government, favor individual liberty and capitalism
Libertarians: Individual rights are paramount, strictly adhere to the constitution, small or no federal government, favor individual liberty and capitalism
Progressives: Federal government is sacrosanct, the constitution is oppressive, there is only the federal government, capitalism is bad and individual liberty is defined by the collective good.

One of these things is not like the others. Yet, Democrats are playing with fire by incorporating progressive thought into their platform, which is turning them into something fascist. They think they can keep the progressives at bay, but they are growing. Until the first 4 groups unite under their common cause, the progressives are going to keep morphing the Democratic party into something unrecognizable from what we have traditionally understood as American. I know you and Mike think this is just a passing fad, but it's a real danger. Tulsi Gabbard is a great example of someone who is seeing the writing on the wall. Even though she is a lifelong liberal, she is beginning to ally with conservatives because there is more common ground. Bill Maher is next. We need as many people falling under this common banner, because things are reaching a tipping point. I truly can't believe how much things have changed in the last 10 years. Biden is implementing progressive policies at a rapid pace. Our standards are disappearing. I beat this drum because we the people are losing power every day.

(04-26-2021, 10:50 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 10:43 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I don't think he had is wang cut off, did he?

I couldn't resist.  Caitlyn stated she didn't cut it off.  I didn't google it on my work computer though.

I googled it and there were articles stating she did have reassignment surgery. I have a hard time believing that, though. I'll treat it like fact, and start calling her she, I guess. That's my personal rule. If you get it lopped off, I'll play the game. If you are willing to get the surgery, you're pretty committed.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2021, 09:52 AM by The Real Marty.)

(04-27-2021, 09:29 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 06:21 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: What makes you think I'm a liberal?

It's a gotcha question because it was preceded by a supposition that conservatives don't care how he/she/it stands on the issues. Remember stating that? So what else would you call a question that tries to reduce a choice to one question without any context?

As for the liberal thing (and your last response), I think most Americans don't really put much thought into political affiliations. For most of the US history, the parties differed on one primary issue: State or federal power. That's it. The constitution was the framework, and every other issue was simply about who got to make the final decision, the state or the federal government. In the early 1900's, you get, for the first time, a group that is pushing the bounds of the constitution, which are known as progressives.

For simplicity's sake, I am going to give a rough outline of how I think these different groups are structured. 

Conservatives: State's rights are paramount, strictly adhere to the constitution, limited federal government, favor individual liberty and capitalism
Liberals: Federal government is supreme, adhere to the constitution, big federal government, favor individual liberty and capitalism
Moderates/Independents: Balance between state and federal government, adhere to the constitution, mixed federal government, favor individual liberty and capitalism
Libertarians: Individual rights are paramount, strictly adhere to the constitution, small or no federal government, favor individual liberty and capitalism
Progressives: Federal government is sacrosanct, the constitution is oppressive, there is only the federal government, capitalism is bad and individual liberty is defined by the collective good.

One of these things is not like the others. Yet, Democrats are playing with fire by incorporating progressive thought into their platform, which is turning them into something fascist. They think they can keep the progressives at bay, but they are growing. Until the first 4 groups unite under their common cause, the progressives are going to keep morphing the Democratic party into something unrecognizable from what we have traditionally understood as American. I know you and Mike think this is just a passing fad, but it's a real danger. Tulsi Gabbard is a great example of someone who is seeing the writing on the wall. Even though she is a lifelong liberal, she is beginning to ally with conservatives because there is more common ground. Bill Maher is next. We need as many people falling under this common banner, because things are reaching a tipping point. I truly can't believe how much things have changed in the last 10 years. Biden is implementing progressive policies at a rapid pace. Our standards are disappearing. I beat this drum because we the people are losing power every day.

Regarding the bolded part- where the hell did you get that idea?  Can you quote me on that?  All I asked was, does it matter to you how she stands on the issues.  Where do you see that "supposition?"

Regarding it being a simple question with no context, if you think it deserves context, put some context in your answer.  I was just wondering whether his/her stand on the issues matter to you in your hypothetical choice to support him/her or not support him/her.  I was just wondering how strongly you (and everyone else) felt about the transgender issue and if it would override any other consideration.  No trap.  I swear.

Believe it or not, I am not always looking for a knock-down drag-out argument around here.  Sometimes, I just curious as to why people say some of the things they say.

(04-27-2021, 09:44 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I googled it and there were articles stating she did have reassignment surgery. I have a hard time believing that, though. I'll treat it like fact, and start calling her she, I guess. That's my personal rule. If you get it lopped off, I'll play the game. If you are willing to get the surgery, you're pretty committed.

I still have a difficult time with it because it’s not a naturally occurring process. If “she” discontinues hormone treatments, reversion to male hood commences. The she becomes a he without a wanker.

She didn’t cut off her wanker, they use it to create a vagina. So basically they turn it inside out and tuck it up inside of her with some creative stitching.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

https://youtu.be/U_cs2pGXneA