Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(08-17-2021, 03:17 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Wow, him getting cut actually made the news out here.  Sitting in the waiting room for the doctor and pulled up the local news website.

Got quite a bit of air time on the Pat McAfee show too.

Btw, for anyone who hasn't tuned in, some of the most entertaining stuff in Sat radio and/YouTube.
Some days I watch the full 3+ hours haha

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-17-2021, 04:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 03:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Wow.

You're going to just lie to yourself about Tim Tebow all the way to the grave. I respect your commitment. 

Both of those players showed an ability to stay healthy last weekend. One of them showed an inability to stay upright on the football field, the other hauled in 4 receptions.

Its right there in the comments from the coach.  If Oliver could of showed some of that the last couple years he was here he might of got a shot for a roster spot in training camp, but he hasnt been able to stay healthy.

Nah. They should have seen him work in camp before making a decision about moving on. They acted prematurely and unwisely then filled his roster spot with a long shot that nearly everyone knew was destined to fail.

(08-17-2021, 05:37 PM)Kane Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 03:17 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Wow, him getting cut actually made the news out here.  Sitting in the waiting room for the doctor and pulled up the local news website.

Got quite a bit of air time on the Pat McAfee show too.

Btw, for anyone who hasn't tuned in, some of the most entertaining stuff in Sat radio and/YouTube.
Some days I watch the full 3+ hours haha
McAfee is the MAN. He’s hilarious and I’m glad he stepped away from Barstool and is doing his own thing.

Tebow got cut? What a joke. Meyer is a moron and knows absolutely nothing about NFL level football.

(08-17-2021, 06:12 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: Tebow got cut?  What a joke.  Meyer is a moron and knows absolutely nothing about NFL level football.

Man, this is amazing. Tebow brings a TDS level of insanity to the NFL. I love it.

(08-17-2021, 06:16 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 06:12 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote: Tebow got cut?  What a joke.  Meyer is a moron and knows absolutely nothing about NFL level football.

Man, this is amazing. Tebow brings a TDS level of insanity to the NFL. I love it.

Some people were depraved of oxygen for a few hours after birth.. It's the only excuse for those people..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2021, 06:27 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(08-17-2021, 05:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 04:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Its right there in the comments from the coach.  If Oliver could of showed some of that the last couple years he was here he might of got a shot for a roster spot in training camp, but he hasnt been able to stay healthy.

Nah. They should have seen him work in camp before making a decision about moving on. They acted prematurely and unwisely then filled his roster spot with a long shot that nearly everyone knew was destined to fail.

I think they've seen enough the last few years and that he wouldnt be a contributor on ST's.  Was it Tebow that filled his spot?  At least we got a pick in return for a guy that doesnt fit what they want to do at the TE spot and a guy that cant stay healthy.

Sir, please put down the crack pipe.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(08-17-2021, 06:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 05:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Nah. They should have seen him work in camp before making a decision about moving on. They acted prematurely and unwisely then filled his roster spot with a long shot that nearly everyone knew was destined to fail.

I think they've seen enough the last few years  and that he wouldnt be a contributor on ST's.  Was it Tebow that filled his spot?  At least we got a pick in return for a guy that doesnt fit what they want to do at the TE spot and a guy that cant stay healthy.

Nah. They wasted a preseason roster spot on a has-been instead of properly evaluating a young 4th round pick that had a couple of unfortunate injuries. 

How many players have they signed or drafted coming off major injuries this offseason?  6? 7? Oliver's injury history pales in comparison to a couple of those additions. 

We'll probably never know the real reason they (stupidly) moved on from Oliver prematurely just like Meyer isn't going to give reporters an honest answer about Tebow in a presser. But you can got ahead and buy up the "too many injuries and ST contribution" line if you'd like.
 I'm not buying that [BLEEP].

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2021, 06:50 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-17-2021, 06:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 06:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think they've seen enough the last few years  and that he wouldnt be a contributor on ST's.  Was it Tebow that filled his spot?  At least we got a pick in return for a guy that doesnt fit what they want to do at the TE spot and a guy that cant stay healthy.

Nah. They wasted a preseason roster spot on a has-been instead of properly evaluating a young 4th round pick that had a couple of unfortunate injuries. 

How many players have they signed or drafted coming off major injuries this offseason?  6? 7? Oliver's injury history pales in comparison to a couple of those additions. 

We'll probably never know the real reason they (stupidly) moved on from Oliver prematurely just like Meyer isn't going to give reporters an honest answer about Tebow in a presser. But you can got ahead and buy up the "too many injuries and ST contribution" line if you'd like.

I dont think giving Tebow a shot had anything to do with trading Oliver.  Do you think 6'6" Oliver can be an impact on Special Teams?  Did you see the presser today from Meyer talking about what he wants from his TE's?  One was blocking and the back up TEs have to be able to be good at ST's, I dont think he can do either in those departments on top of not being able to stay healthy is why he got traded.

Do you think Meyer is lying about what he wants out of his TE's or do you think Oliver is a good blocker and can make an impact on ST's?

I’m glad. Not because he didn’t make it, because he is a good dude, but so we can get rid of these fake fans who only watched/cared because of him. They ain’t DTWD. They ain’t Duuuuuuuuuuval. Good riddance. Now we just need to trade minshew and we’re good to go. Lol
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(08-17-2021, 06:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 06:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Nah. They wasted a preseason roster spot on a has-been instead of properly evaluating a young 4th round pick that had a couple of unfortunate injuries. 

I dont think giving Tebow a shot had anything to do with trading Oliver.  Do you think 6'6" Oliver can be an impact on Special Teams?  Did you see the presser today from Meyer talking about what he wants from his TE's?  One was blocking and the back up TEs have to be able to be good at ST's, I dont think he can do either in those departments on top of not being able to stay healthy is why he got traded.

Yeah - I know what your opinion is. I simply disagree with your assumptions and would prefer to actually KNOW. 

We don't know what his potential contribution to ST could be as a #3 TE. Baltimore is trying to figure that out know and it will be a factor in his roster status just like it will for a few dozen other players who aren't atop the depth chart. (like every team)

I think it stinks they will get to figure that out and the Jags won't, but whatever. Opportunity squandered IMO. 

Quote:If Oliver can make the team, he’ll have to earn his keep as a blocker though. And that is ultimately the key area of his game that is unrefined and largely undetermined. However, when asked about Oliver during a question-and-answer session with season ticket holders, Roman had this to say:

Quote:
“He’s very athletic, but he’s got some real strength to him as well. If you can’t block a defensive end or a linebacker, you’re a fake tight end. I think he’s got the chance to be a real tight end. If that could happen, it would really be a great addition for us.”

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2021/8...nick-boyle

https://russellstreetreport.com/2021/06/...sh-oliver/

(08-17-2021, 07:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 06:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I dont think giving Tebow a shot had anything to do with trading Oliver.  Do you think 6'6" Oliver can be an impact on Special Teams?  Did you see the presser today from Meyer talking about what he wants from his TE's?  One was blocking and the back up TEs have to be able to be good at ST's, I dont think he can do either in those departments on top of not being able to stay healthy is why he got traded.

Yeah - I know what your opinion is. I simply disagree with your assumptions and would prefer to actually KNOW. 

We don't know what his potential contribution to ST could be as a #3 TE. Baltimore is trying to figure that out know and it will be a factor in his roster status just like it will for a few dozen other players who aren't atop the depth chart. (like every team)

I think it stinks they will get to figure that out and the Jags won't, but whatever. Opportunity squandered IMO. 

Quote:If Oliver can make the team, he’ll have to earn his keep as a blocker though. And that is ultimately the key area of his game that is unrefined and largely undetermined. However, when asked about Oliver during a question-and-answer session with season ticket holders, Roman had this to say:

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2021/8...nick-boyle

https://russellstreetreport.com/2021/06/...sh-oliver/

Ive read the reports, you can go to any team and pull positive reports on a player at training camp. Tebow had good reports coming out of training camp too.  Its not like he is a unknown guy coming off the streets.  Coming out of college he was a good pass catching TE.  Hes not a blocking TE and he's not a guy used on ST's.  I mean you can say the same things for guys like Luke Farrell and Tyler Davis, a couple guys who were known for their blocking and Oliver has played 4 games the last 2 years.  We were lucky to get a draft pick.

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2021, 07:17 PM by TLawIsEnforced.)

These posts all for this????? Man #BecauseJaguars at it's most #BecauseJaguars!

(08-17-2021, 06:29 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:

Sir, please put down the crack pipe.

Seems like obvious sacaracsm.

Olivrr blocking a DE now that i would like to see. Not unless he puts on about 30 lbs.

Should have never been on the roster in the first place, but now that circus can finally move on.

So have we seen the last of Pendragon?

Gonna miss him around here giving some of you guys the fits.. Kinda entertaining..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(08-17-2021, 08:35 PM)surfon Wrote: Olivrr blocking a DE now that i would like to see.  Not unless he puts on about 30 lbs.

Here ya go -  Oliver vs a 293 pound DE

He does a much better job on his guy than the RG does in this clip

[Image: ShockedDisguisedEel-mobile.mp4]

We will draft Jalen Wydermyer next year and will have our TE of the future