Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

Looks like Urban wants winners. I can see the culture changing already

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2021/05...y-help-us/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-04-2021, 07:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Looks like Urban wants winners.  I can see the culture changing already

He was certainly a winner in baseball.....

This is such a joke.

What kind of message does this send to the team? That if you’re friends with Urban you can get and do whatever you want?

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2021, 08:19 PM by RicoTx.)

(05-04-2021, 07:49 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 07:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Looks like Urban wants winners.  I can see the culture changing already

This is such a joke.

What kind of message does this send to the team? That if you’re friends with Urban you can get and do whatever you want?
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.72)]"If it happens, it still feels unlikely that the 33-year-old would make the final 53-man roster after moving to a position he’s never played and being absent from football since 2015."[/color]
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I've said it many times, I wanted him to switch to tight end, and try out for the Jaguars, since 2010. I don't know if he'll be any good, but if he's halfway decent he'll get butts in seats and I'm all for that.
I have no problem with him being on the 90 man roster.
But he has to earn his spot on the 53 just like everybody else.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(05-02-2021, 06:30 PM)JaguarWC Wrote: The amount of you that hate Tebow far outweighs those who like him.  It really worries me about the state of our society though, I mean, what has Tebow done to warrant hate?  He has won at every level, sends a nice message (religious or not) and really seems humble.

Because we don't hate Tebow.

We hate each other!!

I could see him playing TE/HBack for a year or two. Fans will love it. Could be gimmicky at the right time.

The good thing is we'll get to watch it play out.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2021, 08:09 AM by Mikey.)

How is "Urbz wants winners" any different from "Gene wants high-character guys"?

I want a coach who wants football players. full stop. Eric Fisher's team went 7-6 the year he was the first overall pick in the darft. Luke Jeockel's squad went 11-2. How'd that work out?

(05-04-2021, 08:27 PM)mikesez Wrote: I've said it many times, I wanted him to switch to tight end, and try out for the Jaguars, since 2010.  I don't know if he'll be any good, but if he's halfway decent he'll get butts in seats and I'm all for that.

how many people are honestly going to buy tickets to watch him ride the pine?
you don't actually believe he will be starting, let alone contributing, considering the emphasis we've already placed on the position since Urbz got to town, do you?

(05-04-2021, 08:29 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 06:30 PM)JaguarWC Wrote: The amount of you that hate Tebow far outweighs those who like him.  It really worries me about the state of our society though, I mean, what has Tebow done to warrant hate?  He has won at every level, sends a nice message (religious or not) and really seems humble.

Because we don't hate Tebow.

We hate each other!!

HAHAHA, oh wow. So true.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

You can't preach winning is all that matters and then let someone on your team due to nepotism. No way he makes the 53... unless Meyer is just a liar.

This is such a joke.

I mean, have you seen the way Urban runs things before?  That's exactly how he works.  If he likes you he ignores everything bad about you and covers for you.  He is the king of nepotism--it's why he hired a coach that was involved in racism scandals and covered for a dude who was abusing his wife.

Seriously?  C'mon - there's a difference between actually hating someone and "sports hate".  How many of us "hate" the Tennessee Titans and Jeff Fischer?  That doesn't say anything about us as people - it says something about us as football fans.  I don't personally know any NFL player, so I can't speak to the type of person any of them are, but yet in the context of the team that I support and their rivals, yes I hate the Titans and Colts and Texans (add in the Steelers and the Patriots and a few more).  Very few people here actually know Tebow, so their "hate" for him is "sports hate" based on multiple factors, including his former college team, as well as it coming from the backlash against his immense popularity despite failing as a player. 

I'm fine with Tebow the person (from the little I know), but I certainly don't want a 33 yr old who hasn't played in an NFL game in over 8 years and has never played the position in question, never ran a route and never blocked a DE or a blitzing LB, to be signed to the Jags.  And I certainly don't want to sit in the stands and listen to the Saint Timmy followers yelling for him to go in at QB every time Trevor Lawrence throws an incompletion.

This is such a joke.

I've ignored the Tebow stuff as I thought it was just media talk but with Tony Khan's comments it seems this may actually be a story.

It is a joke. TE is an important position and it's not a coincidence that the Chiefs, Niners and Bucs have all got to SB's with top TE end play. Weve had Sterling, Lazard to 'develop', it's a position weve never truly addressed and this is not a solution. Your telling me theres not 1 other guy we could try and bring in?

I get Urban has his guys but I'm not thrilled with how he identifies guys. Just seems to like big names and guys hes worked with before. I mean complaining about not meeting FA's before signing them, welcome to the NFL!

(05-04-2021, 08:27 PM)mikesez Wrote: I've said it many times, I wanted him to switch to tight end, and try out for the Jaguars, since 2010.  I don't know if he'll be any good, but if he's halfway decent he'll get butts in seats and I'm all for that.
Tebow won’t sell tickets to sit on the bench. Trevor is selling tickets and I would rather not have to see a 33 year old “never was” on this young roster.

Tebow may very well be a nice guy but let’s call Tony Gonzalez? Antonio Gates? Maybe guys with actual skill at the TE position instead of some dude who just works out a lot if we are looking at over the hill athletes.

If they sign this guy the franchise will officially be the joke of the NFL, at a time when they had the momentum to turn the narrative.

(04-29-2021, 03:30 PM)Upper Wrote: I hate Tebow, but if he saves us from drafting Freiermuth then I will gladly accept him on the team as a TE.

Well a deal is a deal, still don't want him but if we sign him I won't complain.

(05-05-2021, 11:19 AM)BamboozledAgain Wrote: If they sign this guy the franchise will officially be the joke of the NFL, at a time when they had the momentum to turn the narrative.

Come down off the ledge. If they sign this guy, he'll still most likely never make the final roster..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Meyers is not going to put any player on the field out of a previous relationship if he is not the best player at the position. It's all about winning for the coach and respectfully giving a tryout to a friend and collage player he coached. He said he did not stay for the entire tryout and that says a lot. If he thought Tebow was showing potential at the position he would have stayed for the entire tryout. That's my take anyway.

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2021, 12:48 PM by Jag88.)

Tebow may have failed at baseball. What a boring sport but that's neither here nor there. Tebow is a foot ball player. A player with a lot of heart and drive. I dont know if he can, but it's not going to hurt to see him try. So buckle up and shut up

Tebow is a wonderful human being with a stadium full of character. I applaud him for the good he has and is doing in his life.

However, he has no business trying to take advantage of a relationship to gain even an offseason 90 man roster spot. He hasn't been on a football field since a failed 2015 try, has not been a TE, and has never blocked or caught a pass in that role or even a similar one. That offseason roster spot, if granted to him, takes away another player's dream or NFL opportunity.

It's a shame Tebow didn't agree to the position switch a long time ago. He very possibly could have had a solid NFL career as a TE.