Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

So why aren’t other TE needy teams signing him? Btw knowing about routes and running routes are 2 different things.

I honestly don’t want Tivo near the Jags. The first rough game or rough couple of games Trevor goes through, that’s all we will hear is put tEbOw in.

country accent - put that dawg-on teBoW back there, heez a winner and him and urBaN MiRE won a champon-chip before when heez at floor-da, heck I would.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-08-2021, 07:33 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-08-2021, 01:22 AM)MJonesD_32 Wrote: Doesn't hurt to give him a shot... he could increase ticket sales and be extremely motivated to improve our locker room culture through his commitment in the gym and positivity at the very least. This would be beneficial to this young roster.

He's likely not going to be a huge difference maker on the field but off the field... he would be a player/coach.

So why waste a roster spot if that's all he's good for?  LOL.  Make up a coaching position for him.

Increase ticket sales?  Really?  By what?  10 people.

Good grief, and this is exactly why it's embarrassing.  If we're signing him for anything other than...you know...FOOTBALL it's just flat-out sad and embarrassing.
Not giving him a roster spot but what's the harm in inviting him to mini camp? If he isn't good and is terrible like we expect, he is not given a training contract.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

The odds of him making any team are slim, even getting invited to camp is a longshot.

But I hope it happens, because I want entertainment. You can bring in Hulk Hogan too for all I care.

(05-08-2021, 04:48 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: The odds of him making any team are slim, even getting invited to camp is a longshot.

But I hope it happens, because I want entertainment. You can bring in Hulk Hogan too for all I care.

This is how I see it. It’ll be some sideshow fun.

(05-08-2021, 05:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-08-2021, 04:48 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: The odds of him making any team are slim, even getting invited to camp is a longshot.

This sideshow is one that has the potential to divide the fanbase in a bad way. Tebow is an over-the-hill, never-really-was who's worshiped by the gata contingent, and the joke that is our head coach said "No Distractions" like he really, really, pinkie swearsies meant it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-08-2021, 04:07 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(05-08-2021, 07:33 AM)RicoTx Wrote: So why waste a roster spot if that's all he's good for?  LOL.  Make up a coaching position for him.

Good grief, and this is exactly why it's embarrassing.  If we're signing him for anything other than...you know...FOOTBALL it's just flat-out sad and embarrassing.
Not giving him a roster spot but what's the harm in inviting him to mini camp? If he isn't good and is terrible like we expect, he is not given a training contract.

The Jaguars are already thought to be pretty 'lowly'.  This does nothing but create more negative talk outside of Jacksonville.

He was either tried out as a publicty move, which is really scraping the bottom of the barrel as far as national image.  Or he was tried out as a personal favor by Meyer.

Both options look bad and I guarantee you it's one of those.

Be honest, do you think he would have been tried out by any other NFL team?

I'm getting tired of discussing it.  Those are my thoughts.  It's going to be hard to convince me otherwise.  It's a bad look.

It's funny.  People complain about the Jags being the laughingstock of the league.  ESPN did this. Some sportswriter said that, blah-blah-blah.  Then this happens, and some of those same people are in favor of it.  I don't get it.  It's just going to fuel that.  Hell, it already did when they worked him out.  I want them to be known as a good NFL team, not some dog and pony show.

/done with contributions to this thread
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-06-2021, 08:43 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-05-2021, 05:07 PM)Ordar Wrote: I know people on here love to be negative and contrarian to everything the Jags do, but what harm is there exactly in bringing him in for training camp. Even is it’s to see what he can do as a TE, and to bring a buzz, a winning, positive feeling to the team?

Can’t see any downsides. He’s not even guaranteed to make the 53 man roster, so why are people freaking out??

Roster spots are finite. If I am rolling the dice on a back-of-the-roster guy at TE, I am not bothering with a mid-30s dude who has no experience at the position. I'm bringing in a younger prospect that may have potential to develop as he grows into his frame, or someone that's going to be able to handle the rigors of special teams coverage, because let's face it, that's where your 3rd and 4th TE are going to see most of their on-field action.

He came in for a workout, coach and former player got to catch up on old times, move on.

If his workout was that impressive, he'd have a contract in hand before he left the building. Maybe Tony can talk to him about a few guest appearances on AEW. That's where washed up entertainers end up, isn't it?

My understanding is that Meyer wasn't even at the tryout.  Tight end is a very a weak position for the team and I think Tebow asked if he could try out and Meyer didn't see the harm in his staff taking a look.  I completely agree that if they were going to sign Tebow, they would have already done it.  The tryout was also before the draft.  I don't think they draft Farrell in the 5th round if they planned to sign Tebow.  I think Meyer has made some positive comments just to be nice to his former player and not to offend Gator fans.  Some people are interpreting that as Meyer is seriously considering him.

I will say that I do think it would be funny if they signed Tebow, sold a bunch of jerseys and season tickets to Gator fans and then cut him!

Hey let’s invite Ace Ventura to mini camp. What can it hurt? If he’s not good then he won’t get a contract.

(05-08-2021, 05:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-08-2021, 05:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: This is how I see it. It’ll be some sideshow fun.

This sideshow is one that has the potential to divide the fanbase in a bad way. Tebow is an over-the-hill, never-really-was who's worshiped by the gata contingent, and the joke that is our head coach said "No Distractions" like he really, really, pinkie swearsies meant it.

Despite his other shortcomings, the Tebow question was one thing Caldwell got right the very first time.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

It shouldn’t have happened and it shouldn’t have gotten out. He needs to nip the butt the same way Caldwell did. As said before, that was one of the few things DC got correct first try.

From Peter King this morning:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...eter-king/

5. TIM TEBOW. How does this sound: “33-year-old first-year tight end Tim Tebow?” I hear the Jags signing Tebow and giving him a shot to be a backup tight end could happen. I hear the Jaguars will wait till after this weekend’s rookie mini-camp to assess their roster and maybe see how much they think they can get in the overall blocking/receiving from fifth-round tight end Luke Farrell of Ohio State. (I think they’ll be pleased with him.) But after declining to keep solid vet Tyler Eifert last week, the Jags have a major need at tight end. Which could give Tebow fan Urban Meyer a pretty good reason to bring in Tebow for a shot to be roster insurance. Tebow, of course, is a hometown boy, and Jag/Gator fans have been dying to see him in teal. Imagine a Trevor Lawrence-to-Tim Tebow touchdown pass in crunch time (or any time) in a game this fall. Whoa.

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 09:16 AM by Mikey.)

(05-08-2021, 04:07 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(05-08-2021, 07:33 AM)RicoTx Wrote: So why waste a roster spot if that's all he's good for?  LOL.  Make up a coaching position for him.

the harm is wasting time attempting to coach him up when you could be developing other guys at camp.

Think of it this way - how long do you spend trying to fit the square peg into the round hole before you decide that your effort is better spent shopping for a round peg? Even if the peg you get is a little to big to fit the hole, sanding it down will be a lot easier than if you tried to round the edges of your square peg.

And before you woodworkers attempt to argue, I am not putting Tebow in a lathe. That's just going to result in a mess none of us want to clean up.

(05-08-2021, 05:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

If that's the case, sign the guy with seven fingers on each hand, no chance he drops anything thrown his way.

I feel like the frustrated parent who finally exclaims:

“Never mind! Forget I ever brought it up. Geez Louise!”

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 09:28 AM by p_rushing.)

(05-10-2021, 09:14 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-08-2021, 04:07 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Not giving him a roster spot but what's the harm in inviting him to mini camp? If he isn't good and is terrible like we expect, he is not given a training contract.

the harm is wasting time attempting to coach him up when you could be developing other guys at camp.

Think of it this way - how long do you spend trying to fit the square peg into the round hole before you decide that your effort is better spent shopping for a round peg? Even if the peg you get is a little to big to fit the hole, sanding it down will be a lot easier than if you tried to round the edges of your square peg.

And before you woodworkers attempt to argue, I am not putting Tebow in a lathe. That's just going to result in a mess none of us want to clean up.

(05-08-2021, 05:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: This is how I see it. It’ll be some sideshow fun.

If that's the case, sign the guy with seven fingers on each hand, no chance he drops anything thrown his way.
There is not wasted time with the Jags at TE. The coach needs to focus his time on the rookie only and the other TEs can listen and try to apply it to themselves.

Bringing in some leftover TEs isn't going to help, so try it out. Unless they give him an unworthy roster spot, it won't matter. He's just a UDFA level player and teams try to sign players that may be able to show up on game day. As long as he is willing to do the backup stuff .. play special teams and is good it will be fine.

Hopefully the Jags can sign a veteran TE.

Just got a flash on my phone. Tebow expected to sign a 1 year deal with The Jags..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

The people on here this pisses off is totally worth the signing to me

(05-10-2021, 02:12 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The people on here this pisses off is totally worth the signing to me

Point somebody out that is 'pissed off'.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-10-2021, 02:10 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Just got a flash on my phone. Tebow expected to sign a 1 year deal with The Jags..

Is that definite? The Floria article on NBC posted this AM only says it "could still happen". I wish the guy would just retire with his dignity still somewhat intact.

And that goes for Tebow too, lol.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(05-10-2021, 02:16 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 02:10 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Just got a flash on my phone. Tebow expected to sign a 1 year deal with The Jags..

Is that definite? The Floria article on NBC posted this AM only says it "could still happen". I wish the guy would just retire with his dignity still somewhat intact.

And that goes for Tebow too, lol.

Came across my phone as breaking news from both NFL.com and ESPN.com

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication...e.amp.html
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Low risk, high reward potential.