Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(05-10-2021, 03:27 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Urban Meyer is just so over his head it's astonishing. He is going to try to take the college mindset to the NFL - and it's going to be sad when the locker room spirals after 5 games.

(05-10-2021, 03:29 PM)TLawIsEnforced Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 03:27 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Urban Meyer is just so over his head it's astonishing. He is going to try to take the college mindset to the NFL - and it's going to be sad when the locker room spirals after 5 gameI miss Gus, is it that bad?
Not even Gus was this bad of a hire, that about sum it up? just asking, the meltdown that is already starting....

LOL.  Cue a replay of Steve Spurrier's NFL Head Coaching career.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-10-2021, 03:49 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 03:27 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Urban Meyer is just so over his head it's astonishing. He is going to try to take the college mindset to the NFL - and it's going to be sad when the locker room spirals after 5 games.

(05-10-2021, 03:29 PM)TLawIsEnforced Wrote: Not even Gus was this bad of a hire, that about sum it up? just asking, the meltdown that is already starting....

LOL.  Cue a replay of Steve Spurrier's NFL Head Coaching career.
Spurrier failed because he refused to adapt. Meyer has already adapted.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-10-2021, 03:28 PM)Jag88 Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 03:13 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: This is exactly what I expect to happen.  I have been against hiring Urban from the start.

How many "nfl" coaches have we hired and how has that turned out?

It is one thing to gamble on a coach coming out of the college ranks. It is another thing entirely to give him personnel control.

(05-01-2021, 01:30 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 01:28 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Will you leave and take a few others if they sign him?

Tebow!! Tebow!! Tebow!!

Tebow!! (Sucks) Tebow!! (Sucks) Tebow!! (Sucks)
And you complain about Tebow fans turning this into a circus. You immature children have alreadyStarted a three ring circus by yourselves.

(05-10-2021, 03:52 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 03:49 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: LOL.  Cue a replay of Steve Spurrier's NFL Head Coaching career.
Spurrier failed because he refused to adapt. Meyer has already adapted.

Meyer has "adapted" based on what exactly?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Hahahahahaha

(05-10-2021, 03:56 PM)dennisp3 Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 01:30 PM)Ronster Wrote: Tebow!! (Sucks) Tebow!! (Sucks) Tebow!! (Sucks)
And you complain about Tebow fans turning this into a circus. You immature children have alreadyStarted a three ring circus by yourselves.

TewBlow playing as a TE 10 years ago might have made sense. Signing a soon to be 34 year old ex moderate QB to play a position he's never played before on a team that went 1-15 the year prior is a joke, add to it that Teblow is Tebow and now the joke just got funnier. I am serious, I hear circus music when I think of Teblow being a Jaguar. The Jags need a REAL TE, not some washed up manchild that can't figure out what he wants to be when he grows up TE.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(05-10-2021, 03:56 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 03:52 PM)Dimson Wrote: Spurrier failed because he refused to adapt. Meyer has already adapted.

Meyer has "adapted" based on what exactly?

He isn't running his own offense for one. He is brining in guys with pro experience who won't just be yes men. He is creating a world class strength and wellness program to improve the athletes we have.

(05-10-2021, 04:05 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 03:56 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Meyer has "adapted" based on what exactly?

He isn't running his own offense for one. He is brining in guys with pro experience who won't just be yes men. He is creating a world class strength and wellness program to improve the athletes we have.

So the same exact thing he did in College? Gotcha.

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 04:14 PM by Dewboy01.)

(05-10-2021, 02:55 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1391821093451845633
I'm not sure I understand how people like Rapoport (or anyone for that matter) think Tebow is expected to "help our locker room"....  Over half of our team was in elementary school the last time Tebow was relevant on a football field (when he was in college).  The younger players truly won't know much about him and the older ones won't hold him up on a pedestal since he hasn't played in an NFL game in 9 years.  He got signed to play baseball and now another chance at football because of his name and his networking, not any expectation of success.  I'd rather have kept Josh Oliver - we had a better chance of him staying healthy and giving us something at the TE position than we do with Tebow. Heck, we got more from Eifert last year than Tebow could ever hope to give us and he's younger and more experienced than Tebow - why not bring him back?

(05-10-2021, 04:06 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 04:05 PM)Dimson Wrote: He isn't running his own offense for one. He is brining in guys with pro experience who won't just be yes men. He is creating a world class strength and wellness program to improve the athletes we have.

So the same exact thing he did in College? Gotcha.

Huh? He ran his offense in college. He had mostly college guys in college. With the Jags he has brought in a great blend of both.

(05-10-2021, 04:01 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 03:56 PM)dennisp3 Wrote: And you complain about Tebow fans turning this into a circus. You immature children have alreadyStarted a three ring circus by yourselves.

TewBlow playing as a TE 10 years ago might have made sense. Signing a soon to be 34 year old ex moderate QB to play a position he's never played before on a team that went 1-15 the year prior is a joke, add to it that Teblow is Tebow and now the joke just got funnier. I am serious, I hear circus music when I think of Teblow being a Jaguar. The Jags need a REAL TE, not some washed up manchild that can't figure out what he wants to be when he grows up TE.

Myers made it clear during an interview that he will only put the best players on the field. Tebow hasn’t made the team and probably won’t. So just calm down I believe there’s 90 men roster this year in camp. Not like he’s taking someone spot. There’s plenty a room to try out players. There’s no way Meyers is putting his career on the line to make Tebow the tight end

Imagine trading away a 24 year old TE who had potential (Josh Oliver) for peanuts, only so you could sign a 34 year old has been who has never played the position before and hasn't played football in nearly 10 years.

God we better hope Trevor is the real deal.

This thread will make it abundantly clear on who needs mental help..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(05-10-2021, 04:15 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: This thread will make it abundantly clear on who needs mental help..

Anyone alive today needs mental help... Lets be real, ya?
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 04:26 PM by NewJagsCity.)

If Tebow can stay on the field and even mildly contribute to the position, he will be infinitely more valuable than Josh Oliver. That guy was a walking MASH unit.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(05-10-2021, 04:19 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 04:15 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: This thread will make it abundantly clear on who needs mental help..

Anyone alive today needs mental help... Lets be real, ya?

Freud would have a field day with you..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 04:31 PM by JagsFanSince95.)

Our savior is finally coming home!!!!!!!! TEbow! TEbow! TEbow! lol. I swear you couldn't make this [BLEEP] up, what a dumpster fire organization. If Trevor is a bust, holy moly this team will be all-world bad. I guess we're used to it by now.

(05-10-2021, 04:26 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 04:19 PM)Ronster Wrote: Anyone alive today needs mental help... Lets be real, ya?

Freud would have a field day with you..

no no,  it would be I who would be having the field of day with Freud.

(05-10-2021, 04:05 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 03:56 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Meyer has "adapted" based on what exactly?

So in other words, he's going to be a Steve Spurrier 2.0 at the NFL level.

I would like to think that pretty much every NFL team has a "world class strength and wellness program".

I would question signing Rob Gronkowski after his brief retirement and could possibly live with it.  Signing someone a few years older that has never played the position nor been in an NFL training camp for over 5 years is pretty stupid, especially when that player wasn't any good when he did play in the NFL.  I'll stand corrected if the media circus signing actually works out (highly unlikely).