Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(05-10-2021, 06:35 PM)burt1jason Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 06:16 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: What kind of presence would that be?  An old washed up athlete?
His presence would add to the culture in the locker room that Meyer is trying to instill. You give 100% on every play. Everything you got plus 2.
Due to his diligent training and strict diet, he is not yet old. And time will tell to see if he is washed up.
There are plenty of other guys who could do that exact same thing but they actually have talent. Not to mention they haven’t even out of the game for 8 years.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-10-2021, 06:44 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 06:26 PM)burt1jason Wrote: 34 might be retiring age in the NFL, but a good many could play a lot longer if the watched their diet and not eat junk. Tim Tebow is on a strict keto diet plan. Very Low on carbs with zero sugar. No many can eat like this but he has the discipline. Keto is a very low inflammation diet. The man is not only a great athlete but he smart , goal-driven and disciplined. He will give it his best shot. This in gonna be interesting. I’m gonna sit back and eat my popcorn ?.

That's great and all, but his diet isn't going to stop a 270 pound DE from bull rushing him into the next century.
I know. That and route running will be his biggest challenge. He knows this. He’s giving it a shot. He’s solid muscle with extremely low body fat. The guy has been on a low inflammation diet for almost ten years now. No grains or sugar.  You can forget about soft tissue injuries. My experience in tennis was getting constant soft tissue injuries when I turned 55. Almost 70 now.....I don’t get them anymore. The diet makes a HUGE difference as you get older. But now many have the discipline to give up pizza, pasta, breads, sugar (including hidden sugar), etc. But he does. Like Meyer, he’s been chomping this return to football for a while. He is driven. I’m just saying.....don’t count him out. If he makes the team or not.....and I give it 50-50......this is going to be real interesting. He will surprise everyone who poo poos this out of hand.

(05-10-2021, 07:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 06:35 PM)burt1jason Wrote: His presence would add to the culture in the locker room that Meyer is trying to instill. You give 100% on every play. Everything you got plus 2.
Due to his diligent training and strict diet, he is not yet old. And time will tell to see if he is washed up.
There are plenty of other guys who could do that exact same thing but they actually have talent. Not to mention they haven’t even out of the game for 8 years.

Sure, and Urban wants as many people on this team as possible like that. You imply that Tebow has no talent though. If you are correct, he won’t last long in training camp and the Jags will drop him. The odds are against him. No doubt. But There’s no risk to this. We’ll see.

(05-10-2021, 07:10 PM)burt1jason Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 07:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: There are plenty of other guys who could do that exact same thing but they actually have talent. Not to mention they haven’t even out of the game for 8 years.

Sure, and Urban wants as many people on this team as possible like that. You imply that Tebow has no talent though. If you are correct, he won’t last long in training camp and the Jags will drop him. The odds are against him. No doubt. But There’s no risk to this. We’ll see.
I’m not implying it. I’m flat out saying he has no talent when it comes to being an NFL TE.

Do you have evidence (besides being in good shape) that he would make a good TE? Plenty of people are in great shape but can’t be a TE.

Well I’m pulling for him but not expecting much
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 08:11 PM by RicoTx.)

(05-10-2021, 05:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This is well known but I'll post it anyway

"Jaguars legend Fred Taylor weighs in on Trevor Lawrence; says Tim Tebow never got a 'fair shot' as an NFL QB" https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jagua...fl-qb/amp/

Any particular reason you didn't post the whole quote?

"I don't think Tim got a complete fair shot in the NFL," Taylor said, "because most of the coaches were saying, 'We need the prototypical NFL quarterback.' And he's not that. That was just before the zone reads and the offenses changed up. And I think if Tim had been able to hold on long enough to have those offenses come to fruition, and develop them as they have been the past couple years, I think you would have saw a better quarterback."

In other words, he wasn't very good.  He needed to hang around long enough for the offenses to change.  Then he thinks he would have been a better quarterback.

Definitely not how you're trying to portray it.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

This is nothing more than a Dog and Pony show to sell tickets!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

The worst part of them signing Tebow is this thread. And all the future conversations that will be just like it. Based on reading through a few pages of this, it seems like the Tebow haters far outpace the Tebow lovers. Not sure which group is more annoying. Probably doesn't matter. Aside from the annoying conversations, not sure this signing would matter much. Realistically he won't make the team, even with our lousy TE situation. Doesn't really even have the size for a traditional TE. More of an H-back. With his "try hard" style and workout regiment, he might be able to turn himself into a solid blocking TE/H-back. But of course we have too many of those already. While I don't personally care one way or the other, I don't love the move because I think it'll create more of a distraction. But ironically the distraction will be created from those complaining it'll be a distraction.

(05-10-2021, 09:03 PM)rfc17 Wrote: The worst part of them signing Tebow is this thread.  And all the future conversations that will be just like it.  Based on reading through a few pages of this, it seems like the Tebow haters far outpace the Tebow lovers.  Not sure which group is more annoying.  Probably doesn't matter.  Aside from the annoying conversations, not sure this signing would matter much.  Realistically he won't make the team, even with our lousy TE situation.  Doesn't really even have the size for a traditional TE.  More of an H-back.  With his "try hard" style and workout regiment, he might be able to turn himself into a solid blocking TE/H-back.  But of course we have too many of those already.  While I don't personally care one way or the other, I don't love the move because I think it'll create more of a distraction.  But ironically the distraction will be created from those complaining it'll be a distraction.

Please answer a question for me.  Why is somebody a Tebow hater if they think this is a bad move?

I see MAYBE a couple of people here that have a problem with Tebow.  I see a lot more that see this as a questionable move.

Enjoy the show, people. I will.

(05-10-2021, 06:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I've said it before and I'll say it again. What's the big deal? It's not like he's automatically gonna be the starter on opening day. We don't even know if he'll make the final roster. This is basically bringing in a street free agent to see if he can make the final roster as a contributor to one of our weakest positions. If he does, great. If he doesn't, who cares? It's not like we wasted a draft pick on the guy. We basically signed him for nothing. This whole thing is a complete non-issue, as far as I'm concerned. Judging from Meyer's past and the way Lawrence never really used the TE position in college, even if Tebow does make the roster, we'll likely never see him on the field. I don't expect TE to make a very big impact as a receiver in this offense. This seems more like a publicity stunt to bump ticket sales and I just don't see any harm in it. I've never seen such a mediocre player be so divisive to a fanbase. I don't get it at all.

There is the argument about optics. The only reason Tebow got this chance was because his name is Tebow and he knows the coach, basically the good old boy network.

There are probably a 1000 NFL players who haven't gotten another shot since Tebow last played in the NFL  and would completely welcome the chance to try out to be a TE whether or not that was their original position.

Now there is nothing to fault Tebow in this. 

The question is that for a rookie HC who has never coached professional athletes who has already gotten public backlash for Strength coach with recent bad publicity (even if overstated) and some panning for his draft after T-Law, this is your next big move?

It tips the scales about the FO as people who is not completely aware of all the moving parts, or someonewith the arrogance to think they just know better than everyone else. Sure it may work, but I've already seen two of my favorite teams partly fall apart because of FO arrogance that essentially made them difficult to get agents, FA and other teams to work with them or hold them in any kind of light.

(05-10-2021, 09:11 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Please answer a question for me.  Why is somebody a Tebow hater if they think this is a bad move?

I see MAYBE a couple of people here that have a problem with Tebow.  I see a lot more that see this as a questionable move.

Because realistically he won't make the team and this will have zero impact on anything important.  If his name wasn't Tebow everyone would be saying "camp body..... CHAAAMPIONSHIP...." or any of the other one liners you typically hear when we sign a guy in training camp.

It'll be a bad move if we keep him on the 53 man roster but clearly sucks.

(05-10-2021, 09:21 PM)rfc17 Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 09:11 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Please answer a question for me.  Why is somebody a Tebow hater if they think this is a bad move?

Because realistically he won't make the team and this will have zero impact on anything important.  If his name wasn't Tebow everyone would be saying "camp body..... CHAAAMPIONSHIP...." or any of the other one liners you typically hear when we sign a guy in training camp.

I would agree other than the fact that when you sign a position player they've actually played the position before they are 33 years old.

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 09:40 PM by Eric1.)

(05-10-2021, 09:21 PM)rfc17 Wrote:

No if his name wasn't Tebow, everybody would be laughing at the thought of some guy who hasn't played football in 9 years, is suddenly going to try and jump back into the NFL at 34 years old. Then you add on top of that, that he'd be trying to play a position hes never played before.

If their plan is to just milk Tebow for a couple months during camps etc. in the hopes of selling more tickets, I can understand the thinking. All Khan wants to do is make money so that wouldn't surprise me. I think it's dumb thinking though. Don't you want Jaguar fans, not Tebow fans? I just don't see the circus that follows him being worth it though. They are going to (and already have) sell plenty of tickets because of Lawrence alone.

I just hope Urb's plan isn't to just give his boy Timmy a free ride. If Tebow makes this 53 man roster, it'll only be because Urban is giving him a free ride. Maybe he can add being the oldest player to ever be put on the practice squad onto his legacy.

(05-10-2021, 03:56 PM)dennisp3 Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 01:30 PM)Ronster Wrote: Tebow!! (Sucks) Tebow!! (Sucks) Tebow!! (Sucks)
And you complain about Tebow fans turning this into a circus. You immature children have alreadyStarted a three ring circus by yourselves.

this

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 10:56 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(05-10-2021, 07:03 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Yikes...

https://twitter.com/picksixpod/status/13...2624652294

OMG --- we just fired 4 scouts.  Perhaps they showed Urban this clip and were immediately fired on the spot.

(05-10-2021, 10:46 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 07:03 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Yikes...

https://twitter.com/picksixpod/status/13...2624652294

OMG

To be fair, it was Mark Sanchez throwing too him...
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-10-2021, 10:52 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 10:46 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:  OMG

To be fair, it was Mark Sanchez throwing too him...

Sanchez to Tebow.  Now there is a recipe for success.

(05-10-2021, 10:57 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 10:52 PM)Dimson Wrote: To be fair, it was Mark Sanchez throwing too him...

Sanchez to Tebow.  Now there is a recipe for success.

Could have been an all time duo.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]