Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

I hate to say it, but I'm enjoying all the publicity for this team, good or bad.. This team has been a basement dwelling after-thought for years now. It's nice to turn on SportsCenter or The NFL Network and the main topic being The Jags and Urban, or The Jags and Trevor or The Jags and Tebow.. Tired of watching clips of LeFraud whining on SC, tired of The NFL Network burying Jags stories simply because it's the Jags.. I say bring it on.. Bring the hate, bring the controversy and bring the circus because I want ring side seats!!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

^^ thank you. I could not have said it better

(05-11-2021, 08:59 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 08:58 AM)burt1jason Wrote: lol....the announcers got it wrong. He did turn his head. The ball was behind him and it got deflected by the defender. Could have been intercepted. This is becoming Tebow Derangement Syndrome.

Of course, Mrs. Tebow.

Nah, that guy is clearly a member of Tebow's PR company.

He knows his diet - all this personal stuff - while first saying he doesn't care about Tebow.

Clearly a marketing ploy to get some idiots to change their mind. And he mentioned Tebow being intelligent - that just means you never met the guy. He knows how to use people, that's for sure.

And ya know what? It has nothing to do with Tebow and how I think he's a man-child that wants attention on him to keep his hero status in this city and therefore his speaking engagements...

It has everything to do with nepotism. Already a few NFL players have spoken up about this and how there are hundreds if not thousands of younger, better athletes that would KILL for that opportunity... but a washed up never-has-been gets a shot? It's just flat out the wrong way to run an NFL franchise. He's a college coach and nothing more.

(05-11-2021, 09:54 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 08:59 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Of course, Mrs. Tebow.

Nah, that guy is clearly a member of Tebow's PR company.

He knows his diet - all this personal stuff - while first saying he doesn't care about Tebow.

Clearly a marketing ploy to get some idiots to change their mind. And he mentioned Tebow being intelligent - that just means you never met the guy. He knows how to use people, that's for sure.

Conspiracy theories now? Pretty silly. Check my history. I didn't want Tebow here. Tebow's diet has been all over on TV including Dr. Oz. C'mon...stop being silly. I'm only saying to let it play out. Enjoy. Y'all don't get your panties in a wad. Ifn he doesn't make it, it'll all be forgotten come the season. Go Jags!

(05-11-2021, 08:37 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: My concerns about Meyer have attained a new legitimacy

What if Tebow comes in an legit earns a roster spot?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-11-2021, 10:00 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: And ya know what? It has nothing to do with Tebow and how I think he's a man-child that wants attention on him to keep his hero status in this city and therefore his speaking engagements...

It has everything to do with nepotism. Already a few NFL players have spoken up about this and how there are hundreds if not thousands of younger, better athletes that would KILL for that opportunity... but a washed up never-has-been gets a shot? It's just flat out the wrong way to run an NFL franchise. He's a college coach and nothing more.

lololol

Life sucks, doesn’t it?

(05-11-2021, 10:16 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 08:37 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: My concerns about Meyer have attained a new legitimacy

The fact that you think that's even a remote possibility shows that you just think Tebow is a great guy, a great (blank), a great human being with morals that are just swell.

In his PRIME, he was SLOWER than any TE taken in the draft in 20 years. In his PRIME. PRIME! He's 34.

He can't block and he can't catch, a roster spot? good grief...
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

I hear the world's smallest violin playing. A lot of tears for tebow maybe "stealing" a roster spot from a 3rd string scrub!

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2021, 10:27 AM by TrivialPursuit.)

I do notice that the more knowledgeable and intelligent NFL fans have seriously questioned the move and some are now even questioning Urban Meyer.

But the more........ hmmmm.... obtuse fans? Yea, they think it's great.

It's not about the tryout - it's about the nepotism. If you think that's how NFL franchises are run, you are an ignorant fool.

EDIT: You know what future Free Agents are going to think about Urban with his draft comments and now Tebow? "Well that dude plays favorites. Not sure lack of state income taxes overcomes that."

(05-11-2021, 10:23 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I do notice that the more knowledgeable and intelligent NFL fans have seriously questioned the move and some are now even questioning Urban Meyer.

But the more........ hmmmm.... obtuse fans? Yea, they think it's great.

It's not about the tryout - it's about the nepotism. If you think that's how NFL franchises are run, you are an ignorant fool.

No, we just tend to complain about something and move on, knowing that we have no control over it.. 

You and your ilk on the other hand, drone over it.. Very unhealthy.. Seek help. I'm pretty sure there's a bunch of non-profits out there.

(05-11-2021, 10:07 AM)burt1jason Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 09:54 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Nah, that guy is clearly a member of Tebow's PR company.

Conspiracy theories now? Pretty silly. Check my history. I didn't want Tebow here. Tebow's diet has been all over on TV including Dr. Oz. C'mon...stop being silly. I'm only saying to let it play out. Enjoy. Y'all don't get your panties in a wad. Ifn he doesn't make it, it'll all be forgotten come the season. Go Jags!

This, everyone. This. 

Stop hyperventilating and speculating. It’s nothing more than a quick sideshow that sports talking heads have glommed onto for column and air time filler. 

He’ll come in, not make the cut and be gone long before the season starts. By the time TL throws his first TD, Tebow will long be an afterthought.

Chill is the word.

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2021, 10:38 AM by The Real Marty.)

(05-11-2021, 10:30 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 10:07 AM)burt1jason Wrote: Conspiracy theories now? Pretty silly. Check my history. I didn't want Tebow here. Tebow's diet has been all over on TV including Dr. Oz. C'mon...stop being silly. I'm only saying to let it play out. Enjoy. Y'all don't get your panties in a wad. Ifn he doesn't make it, it'll all be forgotten come the season. Go Jags!

This, everyone. This. 

Stop hyperventilating and speculating. It’s nothing more than a quick sideshow that sports talking heads have glommed onto for column and air time filler. 

He’ll come in, not make the cut and be gone long before the season starts. By the time TL throws his first TD, Tebow will long be an afterthought.

Chill is the word.

Agreed.  

But I still want to see us on Hard Knocks this year.  That would be great entertainment.  We've put together an interesting cast of characters.

I'd be seriously concerned about the state of the roster if we have room for Tim Tebow on there. Our big moves at Tight End this year have been... Luke Farrell and giving a shot to Tim Tebow. That we're making a hail mary shot on a 34 year old former QB to play a position he's never played in his life doesn't exactly inspire confidence. 

"BUT WHAT IF HE"S ACTUALLY GOOD?!"

Hey maybe we should give Johnny Football a call, see if he wants to line up at Running Back. WHAT IF HE"S ACTUALLY GOOD? Good teams don't make moves like this. Desperate ones do.

It just doesn't bode well for Urban Meyer and his future here and therefore the future of the Jags.

A sideshow? Is that what a 1-15 team needs? He said, NO DISTRACTIONS... That's literally what Urban said. What is this?

It's a serious question mark on Urban Meyer's ability to adapt to the NFL.

There’s some people that would never accept it. Even if he became a contributor they wouldn’t accept him.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I wonder if Tebow would accept a practice squad spot, or would it be 53 man roster or bust?

If he does make the roster, it won't be because he earned it. It will be because his friend is the coach. It's literally the only reason he's getting a contract anyway.

If it was truly about making the TE room better, there are plenty of unsigned tight ends that would do the trick. Richard Rodgers, Eifert, Demtrius Harris, Trey Burton, Josh Hill.... They all have the ability to make the TE room better. 

Hoping this saga ends fairly quickly.

(05-11-2021, 10:42 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: It just doesn't bode well for Urban Meyer and his future here and therefore the future of the Jags.

A sideshow? Is that what a 1-15 team needs? He said, NO DISTRACTIONS... That's literally what Urban said. What is this?

It's a serious question mark on Urban Meyer's ability to adapt to the NFL.

Every day there's someone new who says something new doesn't bode well for Urban Meyer's ability to adapt to the NFL.  

He didn't draft their guy.
He drafted the wrong guy.
He didn't sign their guy.
He signed the wrong guy.  
He did this wrong.
He did that wrong.  

The proof of the pudding is in the tasting.  Shad Khan hired him to build the team he wants to build.  I'll reserve judgment.  

You know, the Pope told Michelangelo he was doing the Sistine Chapel all wrong.  Emperor Joseph told Mozart his work had "too many notes."  Let's let the artist create his own vision and judge at that point.