Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(05-14-2021, 09:10 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 01:02 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I'm hearing the word 'nepotism' a lot in this thread. Unless Urban has secretly adopted Tebow as his son, this ain't nepotism.

So what; then, it's favoritism, you say.  That we can probably all agree on. I think we can also agree that coaches show favoritism all the time in picking a coaching staff, otherwise, assistant coaches would have nothing to worry about when a team appoints a new HC. And they all have thier favorite players who they would most likely attempt to acquire if given the power to do so. We have all seen this first hand both here in Jax and around the league. And what might be favoritism to some is called loyalty by others, for good or bad.

Bottom line is, will this work, especially at age 34? No idea, but if it doesn't, then Tebow should be cut in favor of the next man up. How many people thought a college QB would end up being a star WR? But that Julian Edelman ended up being pretty good.

You need to look up the meaning of nepotism before making a comment on it.

nep·o·tism
/ˈnepəˌtizəm/

noun

1. the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.

Also, Edelman wasn't 34 when he made a position switch. 

Apologies to all, I was the victim of a poor definition source for the word nepotism. :-|
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-14-2021, 01:02 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I'm hearing the word 'nepotism' a lot in this thread. Unless Urban has secretly adopted Tebow as his son, this ain't nepotism.

So what; then, it's favoritism, you say.  That we can probably all agree on. I think we can also agree that coaches show favoritism all the time in picking a coaching staff, otherwise, assistant coaches would have nothing to worry about when a team appoints a new HC. And they all have thier favorite players who they would most likely attempt to acquire if given the power to do so. We have all seen this first hand both here in Jax and around the league. And what might be favoritism to some is called loyalty by others, for good or bad.

Bottom line is, will this work, especially at age 34? No idea, but if it doesn't, then Tebow should be cut in favor of the next man up. How many people thought a college QB would end up being a star WR? But that Julian Edelman ended up being pretty good.
Sure. Let's compare two totally different situations.....

Edelman never played QB in the NFL. He started out as a WR in the NFL at age 23 and he never took 8 years off but sure.... let's bring that example up.

The actual bottom line is that no one.... in any sport.... has been in this situation. No one has played one position their entire life and then stepped away for 8 years to pursue another sport and then come back to try and play a totally different position. There's a reason this has never been done before..... Because it won't work.

(05-14-2021, 11:19 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Edelman never played QB in the NFL. He started out as a WR in the NFL at age 23 and he never took 8 years off but sure.... let's bring that example up.

The actual bottom line is that no one.... in any sport.... has been in this situation. No one has played one position their entire life and then stepped away for 8 years to pursue another sport and then come back to try and play a totally different position. There's a reason this has never been done before..... Because it won't work.

Two words: Teeeeeee  Boooooooooowwww
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Dudes (and Gals)

We have one of the best NFL prospects to come out in the draft in the past 15 years and you are all getting sucked into the Clown Show discussion centered around our 5th string TE.

WAKE UP --- MOVE ON -- LET IT GO.

#MoveOn.Org

(05-14-2021, 12:34 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Dudes (and Gals)

We have one of the best NFL prospects to come out in the draft in the past 15 years and you are all getting sucked into the Clown Show discussion centered around our 5th string TE.  

WAKE UP --- MOVE ON -- LET IT GO.

#MoveOn.Org
This is exactly right!

(05-14-2021, 08:12 AM)Dimson Wrote: TEBOW HAS NOT BE SIGNED YET. JUST THROWING THAT OUT THERE.

Good point. This thread will dry up quick if Meyer decides against signing him.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2021, 07:52 PM by Bullseye.)

(05-13-2021, 07:32 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 07:15 PM)TLawIsEnforced Wrote: Do not jinx fate!

I really don't care if Tebow is privileged to try out over others more worthy of the opportunity. The drop-off between him and Farrell or Tyler Davis, or whomever he'd replace, is not huge. He's a good athlete, strong, and can probably block people. We're talking about a back-up blocking tight end who might come in at the goal line.

I care.

Suppose the person denied that roster spot going into training camp is the next Jimmy Smith, Allen Hurns, Antonio Gates or Darren Waller.

Are the odds against it?  Sure.  But the odds are against Tebow doing anything substantive as a TE.

(05-12-2021, 10:01 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I honestly just wish he would go away. I don’t want him near Trevor.

I'd be okay with Trevor Lawrence giving him an autograph.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(05-12-2021, 09:21 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 08:32 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Come back JB14, it's time!

#freejustin
Blackmon makes WAY MORE sense than Tebow. That’s for sure.

Even as a TE.

(05-11-2021, 05:33 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: We have come full circle with Tebow. Now, the anti-Tebow crew is more annoying than the pro Tebow crew.

Let that sink in for a moment, really sit down and think about it. Adjust your life accordingly.

This is patently false.

In fact, this won't be true until...

1.  Anti Tebow fans put up a banner across the I-95 pedestrian overpass urging the team to NOT sign Tebow;

2.  Anti Tebow fans petition the president via government website to prohibit the team from signing Tebow;

3.  Anti Tebow fans abandon their Jaguars fandom because the team signs Tebow;

4.  Anti Tebow fans show up at the stadium wearing sandwich board signs urging the team to NOT sign Tebow.

(05-14-2021, 08:01 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-11-2021, 05:33 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: We have come full circle with Tebow. Now, the anti-Tebow crew is more annoying than the pro Tebow crew.

Let that sink in for a moment, really sit down and think about it. Adjust your life accordingly.

This is patently false.

1.  Anti Tebow fans put up a banner across the I-95 pedestrian overpass urging the team to NOT sign Tebow;

2.  Anti Tebow fans petition the president via government website to prohibit the team from signing Tebow;

4.  Anti Tebow fans show up at the stadium wearing sandwich board signs urging the team to NOT sign Tebow.

The billboard idea sounds great. I would donate my hard earned money to that.

If they want Tebow around to motivate and be the maniac, hire him as a coach. As a player he won’t make much of a difference and it will make Meyers ability to hold the locker room that much more difficult. It’s already a circus and he’s not even signed yet. Imagine when he is. I don’t get why he’s wanted other than to coach something. What? I don’t know…
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(05-14-2021, 01:11 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 11:42 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I don’t hate Tebow at all. I hate the idea of bringing in any 34 year old couldn’t hack it QB to come in and play TE when they have been out of football for 8 years.

At least Blackmon can run routes.

Crooked and wobbly routes

You can say/joke all you want about Blackmon's demons off the field, but he was going to be special if he could have stayed sober. His story is truly a shame.

(05-14-2021, 11:19 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Add onto that, it also took Edelman 5 seasons before he really started to produce on the field and that was with arguably the greatest QB of all time. Tebow will basically be coming in as a 34 year old rookie. We really going to wait until he's 38/39 to see if he can make the position change? LOL.

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2021, 10:41 PM by TearExtractor.)

(05-14-2021, 08:01 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

This is patently false.

Its patently true based on:

1. This thread and the rest of reality.

Imagine putting this much effort into something you dont like...

I dont like broccoli, should I post 45674356765786876585769878967906098789078907890789079807890789 times on the internet about how much I dont like broccoli? WAIT, someone over there said they might use 1/90th of a piece of broccoli in a recipe, I simply cant have this travesty take part on my watch! Off to complain on the internet I go, even though my opinion doesn't affect the situation whatsoever!

(05-13-2021, 07:32 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: I really don't care if Tebow is privileged to try out over others more worthy of the opportunity. The drop-off between him and Farrell or Tyler Davis, or whomever he'd replace, is not huge. He's a good athlete, strong, and can probably block people. We're talking about a back-up blocking tight end who might come in at the goal line.

LOL with these hot takes. The drop off will certainly be massive. The guy has never played TE, we also have tape to observe how he looked in blocking situations(he sucked) at the tail end of his playing days on ST. Tebow even has a target(doink'd off his helmet)... The jury is out : He sucks, at anything in football. He's been tried, failed, and he has been gone for years for a good reason. You can't tell me, with a straight face, that this move makes any sense if you are trying to build a competitive TE room with young talented players, in which Tebow is severely lacking in both categories.

(05-14-2021, 10:35 PM)TearExtractor Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 08:01 PM)Bullseye Wrote: This is patently false.

Its patently true based on:

I dont like broccoli, should I post 45674356765786876585769878967906098789078907890789079807890789 times on the internet about how much I dont like broccoli? WAIT, someone over there said they might use 1/90th of a piece of broccoli in a recipe, I simply cant have this travesty take part on my watch! Off to complain on the internet I go, even though my opinion doesn't affect the situation whatsoever!

How about if you change broccoli to a piece of chicken that has been sitting outside for 8 years.

Now it kind of looks like broccoli. Whats the harm, use it in the recipe instead of broccoli.

(05-15-2021, 01:33 PM)rufftime Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 10:35 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: Its patently true based on:

How about if you change broccoli to a piece of chicken that has been sitting outside for 8 years.

Now it kind of looks like broccoli.  Whats the harm, use it in the recipe instead of broccoli.

And half your customers just love the thought of chowing down on that 8 year old chicken and insult the other half who think it's just going to cause food poisoning.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2021, 06:19 AM by The Real Marty.)

Interesting that no decision has been made, and Meyer says he will leave it up to his assistant coaches to make the decision.   That tells me Meyer doesn't want to take the blame either way.  He can tell Tebow "It wasn't my decision."  

I think the more time goes by without a decision, the less chance we will actually sign him.

(05-16-2021, 06:18 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Interesting that no decision has been made, and Meyer says he will leave it up to his assistant coaches to make the decision.   That tells me Meyer doesn't want to take the blame either way.  He can tell Tebow "It wasn't my decision."  

I think the more time goes by without a decision, the less chance we will actually sign him.

But damn, everyday there's a "Decision on Tebow Coming Soon" headline somewhere.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I'm very intrigued to see the outcome of this. I can see the pros and cons for signing him and not signing him. But imagine the mutiny if he doesn't get signed now...

Mutiny. LOL. From what, the 75 Tebowners that bought tickets?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]