Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(05-20-2021, 09:29 AM)Mandeezee Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 09:20 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I'd wager there's not a single player in that locker room who thinks he's good enough to be in camp, much less make the roster. This move again calls into question the credibility of the "No Distractions" Head Coach and Front Office (BIRM). But hey, gata fan is thrilled.

I bet he's good enough to be in camp as a 3rd QB tho...

Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

There are 4 QB on this 1-15 team better than him
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-20-2021, 09:46 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 09:29 AM)Mandeezee Wrote: I bet he's good enough to be in camp as a 3rd QB tho...

That is what I don't get about everyone saying he is going to play QB. No way he beats out 2 of the QBs we already have on this roster. Plus it would make Urban look like a liar if he said he was going to sign him as a TE only  to turn around and have him compete for the back up QB spot.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-18-2021, 11:24 PM)FsuClark08 Wrote: I think Urban knows they aren't signing him, but they are letting the media keep this crazy show going. He's not even signed yet and ESPN is going bonkers and love to slam us.

Wrong!

(05-20-2021, 09:49 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 09:46 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

That is what I don't get about everyone saying he is going to play QB. No way he beats out 2 of the QBs we already have on this roster. Plus it would make Urban look like a liar if he said he was going to sign him as a TE only  to turn around and have him compete for the back up QB spot.

He will be shortyardage back and back up QB.

New Hybrid position called Jaguar Back (JB)

(This post was last modified: 05-20-2021, 10:13 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Bwhahahahaha

Can't wait to see 3rd or 4th and inches

(05-20-2021, 10:12 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Bwhahahahaha

Can't wait to see 3rd or 4th and inches

"Tebow takes the snap, he drops back, He hands it off to Tebow, Tebow blocks for Tebow.. TOUCHDOWN TEBOW!!!"

"Here's the kick from Tebow"...
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-20-2021, 10:27 AM by Jaguarmeister.)

Was never in favor of the Jags bringing him in as QB back in the day and pretty sure he won’t make the team now on merit. That said, I’ll be rooting for him to prove everyone wrong. Just hope this doesn’t turn into a circus side show where he makes the team primarily on name and relationship with his former coach. I realize he’s getting this shot based on those two things, but getting a shot and making the 53 on merit are two entirely different things.

Jags gonna be deadly in short yardage situations if he makes the team

I would assume that Meyer would like to use him like Taysom Hill from the Saints. The TE role with a little QB thrown it to keep teams on their toes.

(05-20-2021, 09:46 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 09:29 AM)Mandeezee Wrote: I bet he's good enough to be in camp as a 3rd QB tho...

Perhaps, but maybe not. We'll get to see I guess.

And are those 4 qbs better than him in the system Urban has a vision of? Lol...that's the question lol.

(05-20-2021, 10:22 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Jags gonna be deadly in short yardage situations if he makes the team

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sure, that's why all teams were fighting to sign the guy haha
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Those 4 other qbs...are they better than Tebow in whatever type read option offense Urban thinking about lol? Can they take the beating Tebow will?

I think if Lawrence gets hurt and has to miss time, or maybe as a change of pace, Urban wants to run some read option. Can Beathard or Minshew do it better than Tebow lol.

(05-20-2021, 10:29 AM)Mandeezee Wrote: Those 4 other qbs...are they better than Tebow in whatever type read option offense Urban thinking about lol? Can they take the beating Tebow will?

I think if Lawrence gets hurt and has to miss time, or maybe as a change of pace, Urban wants to run some read option. Can Beathard or Minshew do it better than Tebow lol.

Wow lol

(05-20-2021, 10:28 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 10:22 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Jags gonna be deadly in short yardage situations if he makes the team

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sure, that's why all teams were fighting to sign the guy haha

Their loss is our gain.  Meyer don't care about the circus

And quite frankly, this was Tebow calling in a favor with his former coach for whom he significantly contributed to helping win 2 national titles which helped cement Urban’s status as one of the greatest college coaches ever. What do you expect Urban to say in response to that request? “Sorry kid, go run for office or something.” I don’t think so. You grant that request to that person regardless of the optics and you set the expectation that a spot on the 53 isn’t being reserved for him and wish him luck.

(05-20-2021, 10:29 AM)Mandeezee Wrote: Those 4 other qbs...are they better than Tebow in whatever type read option offense Urban thinking about lol? Can they take the beating Tebow will?

Aaaaaaand Delusion is settling in nicely for some of you.

(05-20-2021, 10:32 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:

Wow lol

Well can they?

If my number 1 QB went down and none of my backups can do what my starting qb does, would I trot a backup out there to perform that system at 60%, or would i trot my plan B offense out there which just may be pretty good for 3-4 games until my star qb is back.

(05-20-2021, 10:40 AM)Mandeezee Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 10:32 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Wow lol

Well can they?

If my number 1 QB went down and none of my backups can do what my starting qb does, would I trot a backup out there to perform that system at 60%, or would i trot my plan B offense out there which just may be pretty good for 3-4 games until my star qb is back.

Not even gonna bother with that stupid question

(05-20-2021, 10:41 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 10:40 AM)Mandeezee Wrote: Well can they?

Not even gonna bother with that stupid question
We are in the twilight zone. You and I are agreeing.

(This post was last modified: 05-20-2021, 10:51 AM by JagFan81.)

[BLEEP] this dumb franchise. So tired of it. Congrats you Tebow lovers, it's on your heads now 

I expect Mrs Meyers to be announced as new starting LB any day now.

Cant wait to see D players take his head off. You think a DE in 3rd and short isnt going to be excited to be up against Timmy. Lost count of ex-players saying they would be lighting him up.