Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

I’d rather sign Matt Jones at TE.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Unless Tebow seriously struggles in OTA's and training camp, like putting other players in danger, with the changes to the cuts now I think Meyer will want to see him in a preseason game.

Thats going to be a game day thread for the ages.

Hey is anyone talking about tebow in this thread? I was just wondering

(05-25-2021, 07:35 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Hey is anyone talking about tebow in this thread? I was just wondering

It's a...ummm see, the thread topic is...well the subject of this discussion is uh....

Never mind.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-25-2021, 05:42 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Which coaches exactly are intrigued by Tebow? Because I only know of one and it’s his friend....

Well, Josh McDaniel overdrafted him. Rex Ryan brought him in to be a PP gadget player. Bellichick brought him when he was nothing like Brady or Mallett in style (speculation at the time was gadget player). Sean Payton asked him to come in as a TE, probably a pre-Taysom idea.

Did you not know about these coaches, or did you think "intrigued" means a whole awful lot, or do you think the above coaches were impressed by his great passing ability?

The point is he kept getting looks because of his abilities around the line of scrimmage, not because he was going to inspire everybody like Rudy from the bench.

Now he's hanging a big 34-burger up there. Almost hard to believe.

(05-25-2021, 08:32 PM)Race Bannon Wrote:
(05-25-2021, 05:42 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Which coaches exactly are intrigued by Tebow? Because I only know of one and it’s his friend....

Well, Josh McDaniel overdrafted him.  Rex Ryan brought him in to be a PP gadget player.  Bellichick brought him when he was nothing like Brady or Mallett in style (speculation at the time was gadget player).  Sean Payton asked him to come in as a TE, probably a pre-Taysom idea.  

Did you not know about these coaches,  or did you think "intrigued" means a whole awful lot, or do you think the above coaches were impressed by his great passing ability?

The point is he kept getting looks because of his abilities around the line of scrimmage,  not because he was going to inspire everybody like Rudy from the bench.

Now he's hanging a big 34-burger up there.  Almost hard to believe.
Why are we discussing coaches he worked with 10+ years ago? That means nothing. Same as all his combine numbers and college accolades.

It’s about right now and no coach in the league outside of Meyer is “intrigued” by Tebow which is why no one was calling him.

(05-25-2021, 08:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-25-2021, 08:32 PM)Race Bannon Wrote: Well, Josh McDaniel overdrafted him.  Rex Ryan brought him in to be a PP gadget player.  Bellichick brought him when he was nothing like Brady or Mallett in style (speculation at the time was gadget player).  Sean Payton asked him to come in as a TE, probably a pre-Taysom idea.  

Did you not know about these coaches,  or did you think "intrigued" means a whole awful lot, or do you think the above coaches were impressed by his great passing ability?

The point is he kept getting looks because of his abilities around the line of scrimmage,  not because he was going to inspire everybody like Rudy from the bench.

Now he's hanging a big 34-burger up there.  Almost hard to believe.
Why are we discussing coaches he worked with 10+ years ago? That means nothing. Same as all his combine numbers and college accolades.

It’s about right now and no coach in the league outside of Meyer is “intrigued” by Tebow which is why no one was calling him.

Oh, you thought I meant plural, coaches, intrigued now? No, he's 34. There's no interest anywhere.

Glad to clear that up. Looking back at my post, it seems clear I was talking about Tebow in his prime, as in "what did he bring to the table to start with?" But, you wanted it clear only one coach has any interest now. True statement.

(05-25-2021, 06:31 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I think we should trade for this guy and make him a TE, I bet he would do much better than Tebow

[Image: giphy.gif]

Gotta love Chenne

(05-25-2021, 12:51 PM)Race Bannon Wrote: Hi guys, just introducing myself.  Full disclosure, I'm interested in the Tebow story and I find that message boards are the best place to find it.  Further disclosure, I have two kids at Clemson and I'm a big fan of both Lawrence and Etienne, so it seemed a perfect hobby for me to somewhat follow the Jags.  I did go to UF, love Jax the city/area, and would love to see a southern team like the Jags thrive.  But I've not been a fan heretofore and want to be honest about that.  

I would only share one thing into the mix that Tebow's detractors/skeptics never seem to be aware -- the kid is a physical freak for what he does.  His 3 cone drill was off the charts at the combine.  So was his 20 yard shuttle.  His 40 time was ho-hum to say the least (though only .06 slower than Cam's, and I think Cam would be a beast at TE), but his 10 yard split and 20 yard split were, again, incredible.  He does not have downfield, high gear speed.  But at close quarters he is one of the most natural, quick, and instinctive runners ever.  It will be interesting to see if he can make a contribution as something like an H Back TE.

I think his value as punt protector and gadget player are obvious and elite -- but you have to be able to play an actual position to be useful as a decoy or special play runner.  You can't help the team if the defense always knows what you are in for.  It will be interesting enough to see if Tebow can achieve and display enough competence at the more conventional aspects of the position to be able to help with his special abilities.  I'm not sure if his physical quickness (which is fantastic) translates enough to being useful as a position player.  I cannot imagine how hard it must be to learn how to block or run routes at this stage of his career.

Alot of non athletic people are just jealous of Tebow because they can't understand how someone like Tebow can be so athletic.

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2021, 08:16 AM by RicoTx.)

(05-25-2021, 10:20 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(05-25-2021, 12:51 PM)Race Bannon Wrote: Hi guys, just introducing myself.  Full disclosure, I'm interested in the Tebow story and I find that message boards are the best place to find it.  Further disclosure, I have two kids at Clemson and I'm a big fan of both Lawrence and Etienne, so it seemed a perfect hobby for me to somewhat follow the Jags.  I did go to UF, love Jax the city/area, and would love to see a southern team like the Jags thrive.  But I've not been a fan heretofore and want to be honest about that.  

I would only share one thing into the mix that Tebow's detractors/skeptics never seem to be aware -- the kid is a physical freak for what he does.  His 3 cone drill was off the charts at the combine.  So was his 20 yard shuttle.  His 40 time was ho-hum to say the least (though only .06 slower than Cam's, and I think Cam would be a beast at TE), but his 10 yard split and 20 yard split were, again, incredible.  He does not have downfield, high gear speed.  But at close quarters he is one of the most natural, quick, and instinctive runners ever.  It will be interesting to see if he can make a contribution as something like an H Back TE.

I think his value as punt protector and gadget player are obvious and elite -- but you have to be able to play an actual position to be useful as a decoy or special play runner.  You can't help the team if the defense always knows what you are in for.  It will be interesting enough to see if Tebow can achieve and display enough competence at the more conventional aspects of the position to be able to help with his special abilities.  I'm not sure if his physical quickness (which is fantastic) translates enough to being useful as a position player.  I cannot imagine how hard it must be to learn how to block or run routes at this stage of his career.

Alot of non athletic people are just jealous of Tebow because they can't understand how someone like Tebow can be was so athletic tested well more than ten years ago.

Fixed.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

All you Negative Nancy's that have been hand wringing this subject for more than 50 pages must be a real joy to be around in the real world.

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2021, 08:44 AM by Mikey.)

(05-25-2021, 05:14 PM)Race Bannon Wrote: I agree that the passage of time, combined with being out of the league during that time, are big factors in what he can do.  It seems some posters were never even aware that his abilities were freakish even by NFL standards.  

He's a heavy (though ripped) player, and his vertical was 5 inches higher than Etienne's, his 10 yard split was about the same as Etienne's.  For perspective, Tim's 3 cone would have been the fastest 3 cone at the 2020 combine.  Second fastest at the 2019.  9th fastest in 2018.  And all of the comparable times are by much lighter players.

Ever wonder what makes coaches intrigued by Tebow? He's one of the best short yardage, multi-skill players ever.  Does he still have that quickness?  Don't know.  Can he competently block, run routes, catch, or do other things that are needed to hold down a position?  Don't know.

Travis is going to be throwing so many sweet BB's it's going to be hard to notice.

what was his three-cone during his workout earlier this year? That's the stat that matters.

Chris Johnson ran a 4.24 in '08. Think he's still running that fast today?

(05-25-2021, 07:27 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Unless Tebow seriously struggles in OTA's and training camp, like putting other players in danger, with the changes to the cuts now I think Meyer will want to see him in a preseason game.

Oh and we'll have Quinn Gray syndrome, he goes in the late fourth q against a bunch of scrubs, gets some easy yards and everyone thinks he's the next all-pro. Perfect!

/preemptive pops all the popcorn

(05-26-2021, 08:42 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-25-2021, 05:14 PM)Race Bannon Wrote: I agree that the passage of time, combined with being out of the league during that time, are big factors in what he can do.  It seems some posters were never even aware that his abilities were freakish even by NFL standards.  

He's a heavy (though ripped) player, and his vertical was 5 inches higher than Etienne's, his 10 yard split was about the same as Etienne's.  For perspective, Tim's 3 cone would have been the fastest 3 cone at the 2020 combine.  Second fastest at the 2019.  9th fastest in 2018.  And all of the comparable times are by much lighter players.

Ever wonder what makes coaches intrigued by Tebow? He's one of the best short yardage, multi-skill players ever.  Does he still have that quickness?  Don't know.  Can he competently block, run routes, catch, or do other things that are needed to hold down a position?  Don't know.

Travis is going to be throwing so many sweet BB's it's going to be hard to notice.

what was his three-cone during his workout earlier this year? That's the stat that matters.

I averaged 23 points a game in my senior year of high school basketball 48 years ago.  I wonder if I could still get that scholarship I had to turn down?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-26-2021, 08:29 AM)prime winner Wrote: All you Negative Nancy's that have been hand wringing this subject for more than 50 pages must be a real joy to be around in the real world.

I don't like Tim Tebow, and I don't think Urb should have given him a contract, but at the same time, I think some people are making a mountain out of a molehill.  I don't think giving him a shot is going to hurt anything.  

I probably just triggered another 53 pages.

(05-26-2021, 08:29 AM)prime winner Wrote: All you Negative Nancy's that have been hand wringing this subject for more than 50 pages must be a real joy to be around in the real world.

Do you have something to suggest as an alternate topic of discussion on the team section of the board?

You also understand that "(merged)" in the thread title implies that the one thread was not 50 pages of so-called hand wringing, but a number of smaller threads about various topics related to the workout, speculative signing, nepotism and the like?

Imagine how boring this place would be if none of the real joy to be around types weren't posting.

(05-26-2021, 08:59 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Do you have something to suggest as an alternate topic of discussion on the team section of the board?

You also understand that "(merged)" in the thread title implies that the one thread was not 50 pages of so-called hand wringing, but a number of smaller threads about various topics related to the workout, speculative signing, nepotism and the like?

Imagine how boring this place would be if none of the real joy to be around types weren't posting.

Yes, lets talk about having an awesome qb in Trevor Lawrence, or a coach that prefers winning over bologna sandwiches. 

Too much negativity around here when we have a huge positive to talk about. Get over it trolls, be positive and stop acting like 21st century little....

Are you not entertained?!?!

(05-26-2021, 08:57 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

I don't like Tim Tebow, and I don't think Urb should have given him a contract, but at the same time, I think some people are making a mountain out of a molehill.  I don't think giving him a shot is going to hurt anything.  

I probably just triggered another 53 pages.

I like Tim.. I just don't think UM should have given him a contract..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(05-26-2021, 08:42 AM)Mikey Wrote:

(05-25-2021, 07:27 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Unless Tebow seriously struggles in OTA's and training camp, like putting other players in danger, with the changes to the cuts now I think Meyer will want to see him in a preseason game.

Oh and we'll have Quinn Gray syndrome, he goes in the late fourth q against a bunch of scrubs, gets some easy yards and everyone thinks he's the next all-pro. Perfect!

/preemptive pops all the popcorn

Well in some ways the expectations are so low for Tebow that catching a pass or running a route without falling over could be seen as a success.

He's not going to be good at blocking. He's not going to be good at running routes. He's not going to be particularly good at catching passes. But other than those three things, he could be a heck of tight end!