Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(05-28-2021, 11:26 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 11:24 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Wait, what?  Where did I say I don't think he will make the team?  You are confused...  I have no clue if he makes the team, if he does I think there will be some trick plays designed just for him just like people around the league think

"I'm sure there will be a play where Tebow is behind center in a option and T Law is out wide"
If he makes the team yes

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-28-2021, 11:24 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 11:18 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: So there are already plays designed for Tebow and yet you don't think he will make the team?

Wait, what?  Where did I say I don't think he will make the team?  You are confused...  I have no clue if he makes the team, if he does I think there will be some trick plays designed just for him just like people around the league think
So Meyer is the smartest man in the room, todays offenses are built for Tebow and you believe there are plays designed for Tebow......

All of that and you aren't saying he will make the team? Come on now.

Do you think he makes the team or not?

(05-28-2021, 11:29 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 11:26 AM)RicoTx Wrote: "I'm sure there will be a play where Tebow is behind center in a option and T Law is out wide"
If he makes the team yes

LOL.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2021, 11:33 AM by JaguarKick.)

Wow. This is just...sad.

Just the very idea of splitting Lawrence out wide is making me want to puke. Draft a generational QB and then get him injured. Sounds great.

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2021, 11:44 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(05-28-2021, 11:29 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 11:24 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Wait, what?  Where did I say I don't think he will make the team?  You are confused...  I have no clue if he makes the team, if he does I think there will be some trick plays designed just for him just like people around the league think
So Meyer is the smartest man in the room, todays offenses are built for Tebow and you believe there are plays designed for Tebow......

I'm not out there watching the practices but if he is in as good of shape as he looks and he hasn't lost a step yes.  Hard to say though when I'm not seeing the practice

(05-28-2021, 11:35 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 11:29 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: So Meyer is the smartest man in the room, todays offenses are built for Tebow and you believe there are plays designed for Tebow......

I'm not out there watching the practices but if he is in as good of shape as he lost and he hasn't lost a step yes.  Hard to say though when I'm not seeing the practice

So those videos of him getting pushed back by the guy that weighs about 30lbs less than him right into the punter... he was out of shape? I mean.. that was Tebow in his prime. In NFL action.

Let's gather up the check marks so far and see how we're doing..

Tebow won't ever get a shot in the NFL again: X
Tebow won't be a Jaguar: X
Tebow is out of shape: X
Tebow can't catch: X

Some of you should stop while.. nevermind.. You're not ahead..

If this was baseball, most of you would be out and the next batter would be up..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2021, 11:43 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(05-28-2021, 11:31 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: Wow.  This is just...sad.

Just the very idea of splitting Lawrence out wide is making me want to puke.  Draft a generational QB and then get him injured. Sounds great.

Like this, TE reverse option. Lawrence is Brady and Amendola is Tebow

https://youtu.be/U3FonffVfZY

(05-28-2021, 11:38 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Let's gather up the check marks so far and see how we're doing..

If this was baseball, most of you would be out and the next batter would be up..

What the [BLEEP] are you talking about?  Why don't you make up a little more [BLEEP]?

(05-28-2021, 10:06 AM)Dimson Wrote: Stop with this whole Taysom Hill 2.0 nonsense. If he makes the team, it will be as a TE, that is it. No one holds a roster spot for a 5th TE just to have him run on short yardage. If he makers the team he will have to be one of 4 TEs to make the 53 man roster.

You're onto something, but you're not quite right. I say the things below as a calm recap of what a lot of people are talking past each other about in this thread.

1. Urban has in mind using Tebow as a gadget-back (H) in short yardage.
2. That is the same thing Bellichick and Payton wanted Tebow for. They are smart coaches.
3. That is what Tebow is good at.
4. It's near-impossible to justify a spot on the 53 man roster just for that role.
5. The player in question (whether Taysom or Tebow) needs to competently hold down another position on the 53 roster to make it worth it.
6. In the past, Tebow's roster position for this situation was backup QB. He did not demonstrate enough value there to make it worth the gadget thing.
7. Now it will be TE that is the roster spot.
8. To make it worth it, Tebow will have be competent enough to be a plausible TE backup.
9. Tebow will not play well enough in traditional TE plays to be out there enough -- the Jags other tight ends can do that better, as could other TE's that Jax could bring in.
10. Tebow will need to play well enough that it's not obvious every time he's on the field what he is going to do.
11. Tebow will need to block well enough that it's not "immediate death blow, lose game" to play him. He'll never be that good, but he could achieve minimal competence.
12. Ultimately, Tebow will need to play a position well enough to hold down a roster spot, BUT THE REASON he would be on the team would be for special teams (punt protector) and plays where he is running the ball (whether it's from an H back formation, what have you).

(05-28-2021, 11:40 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 11:38 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Let's gather up the check marks so far and see how we're doing..

What the [BLEEP] are you talking about?  Why don't you make up a little more [BLEEP]?

All I did was combine all of the idiocy we've been reading and saying for the last couple of weeks and fact checked them..

Mr. Tebow Can't Catch...

(05-28-2021, 11:43 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 11:40 AM)RicoTx Wrote: What the [BLEEP] are you talking about?  Why don't you make up a little more [BLEEP]?

All I did was combine all of the idiocy we've been reading and saying for the last couple of weeks and fact checked them..

Mr. Tebow Can't Catch...

Every single one of us can catch passes in underwear with no chance of violent impact.

Every single one of us can catch a pass from the machine.

In actual NFL game action the ball hit him in the face.

(05-28-2021, 11:44 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 11:43 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: All I did was combine all of the idiocy we've been reading and saying for the last couple of weeks and fact checked them..

Mr. Tebow Can't Catch...

Every single one of us can catch passes in underwear with no chance of violent impact.

Every single one of us can catch a pass from the machine.

In actual NFL game action the ball hit him in the face.

So he can catch..

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2021, 11:47 AM by Cleatwood.)

(05-28-2021, 11:43 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 11:40 AM)RicoTx Wrote: What the [BLEEP] are you talking about?  Why don't you make up a little more [BLEEP]?

Mr. Tebow Can't Catch...
Except the first two points you brought up. Up until he was signed, no one thought Tebow was going to comeback in the league because it's unheard of to have a player take 8 years off and come back to play a different position.

I've also seen no one say he's out of shape (it's probably his only good attribute) and catching a couple passes in practice means nothing because no one is guarding him.

(05-28-2021, 11:47 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 11:43 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: All I did was combine all of the idiocy we've been reading and saying for the last couple of weeks and fact checked them..

Mr. Tebow Can't Catch...
Except the first two points you brought up. Up until he was signed, no one thought Tebow was going to comeback in the league because it's unheard of to have a player taken 8 years off and come back to play a different position.

I've also seen no one say he's out of shape (it's probably his only good attribute) and catching a couple passes in practice means nothing because no one is guarding him.

I haven't lied anywhere in my posts.. That's a collection of garbage that has been spewing from the mouths of some of the posters on here.. You don't get to amend if he can catch or not.. The statement was "Tebow can't catch"..  There's no moving the goal posts here.  He can either catch, or he can't.

(05-28-2021, 11:50 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 11:47 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Except the first two points you brought up. Up until he was signed, no one thought Tebow was going to comeback in the league because it's unheard of to have a player taken 8 years off and come back to play a different position.

I haven't lied anywhere in my posts.. That's a collection of garbage that has been spewing from the mouths of some of the posters on here.. You don't get to amend if he can catch or not.. The statement was "Tebow can't catch"..  There's no moving the goal posts here.  He can either catch, or he can't.
But it makes zero sense.

No one is still saying "Tebow won't sign with the Jags or play in the NFL." That was said YEARS AGO and has no relevance to the topic at hand.

(05-28-2021, 11:52 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 11:50 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I haven't lied anywhere in my posts.. That's a collection of garbage that has been spewing from the mouths of some of the posters on here.. You don't get to amend if he can catch or not.. The statement was "Tebow can't catch"..  There's no moving the goal posts here.  He can either catch, or he can't.
But it makes zero sense.

No one is still saying "Tebow won't sign with the Jags or play in the NFL." That was said YEARS AGO and has no relevance to the topic at hand.

Lol, the only reason he didn't sign with the Jags before is because he picked the Jets over the Jags and he admitted he made a mistake on that choice

(05-28-2021, 11:52 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 11:50 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: I haven't lied anywhere in my posts.. That's a collection of garbage that has been spewing from the mouths of some of the posters on here.. You don't get to amend if he can catch or not.. The statement was "Tebow can't catch"..  There's no moving the goal posts here.  He can either catch, or he can't.
But it makes zero sense.

Dude, he's already said he just likes to stir up trouble.

(05-28-2021, 11:58 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 11:52 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: But it makes zero sense.

Lol, the only reason he didn't sign with the Jags before is because he picked the Jets over the Jags and he admitted he made a mistake on that choice
Except that Tebow didn't choose the Jets.... He was traded to them.

"Ultimately, I really didn't have any because the Broncos had all that power," Tebow said, adding that Denver was "gracious" in the way it handled the process. "I was just kind of watching and waiting -- kind of like everybody else. It was an interesting day."

(05-28-2021, 11:58 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 11:52 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: But it makes zero sense.

Dude, he's already said he just likes to stir up trouble.

They used to call me stick