Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(05-28-2021, 11:19 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 11:15 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm sure there will be a play where Tebow is behind center in a option and T Law is out wide.  Remember when Bortles caught that TD pass?

Wait, wait.  You said he might not be on the final 53.  Now I'm confused.

Tebow worshippers are a funny lot.

He has turned into the Mikesz of the Jaguars section of this message board..  Wallbash

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-28-2021, 02:56 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: 100 Pages by Training Camp
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...f=1&nofb=1]

Mwhahahahaha.  Big Grin

(05-28-2021, 03:00 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

And?
You should really find something more productive to do.

Me, I'm sitting in a meeting reading, what I assume, are grown men sniveling back and forth like children over a guy.

Tebow Derangement Syndrome, the newest form of TDS.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(05-28-2021, 03:21 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 03:00 PM)RicoTx Wrote: And?

Me, I'm sitting in a meeting reading, what I assume, are grown men sniveling back and forth like children over a guy.

Caused by a certain segment of society not known for logical or rational thinking.... that's dangerously close to a violation of the CoC so I'm a gonna stop!

(05-28-2021, 03:21 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 03:00 PM)RicoTx Wrote: And?

Well, that's what you get for thinking.  I've got four screens sitting in front of me, three I'm working and I turn left over here every so often to see what idiocy has been posted since I can't do a whole lot while I've got two or three programs running.

If you have a better topic, start one.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I'm taking the over on that one lolol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(05-28-2021, 03:25 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 03:21 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: You should really find something more productive to do.

Well, that's what you get for thinking.  I've got four screens sitting in front of me, three I'm working and I turn left over here every so often to see what idiocy has been posted since I can't do a whole lot while I've got two or three programs running.

So you have just been going back and looking at your previous posts?

(05-28-2021, 03:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 03:25 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Well, that's what you get for thinking.  I've got four screens sitting in front of me, three I'm working and I turn left over here every so often to see what idiocy has been posted since I can't do a whole lot while I've got two or three programs running.

So you have just been going back and looking at your previous posts?

No.  I'm looking at delusional Tebow fanaticism.  One user in particular.

(05-28-2021, 03:05 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 11:19 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Wait, wait.  You said he might not be on the final 53.  Now I'm confused.

He has turned into the Mikesz of the Jaguars section of this message board..  Wallbash
bwahahaha

That’s hilarious and amazing.

I would love it if Tebow was the answer or even AN answer at TE. He's not but it would make a great, feel good story if this were a movie script. Let's remember they're working out in figurative underwear. He looks to be in a great shape for his age but a 270 lb DE can knock that off real fast.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2021, 06:03 PM by JaguarKick.)

(05-28-2021, 12:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 12:16 PM)Race Bannon Wrote: At the time I thought he'd made the right call.  Mark Sanchez was on life support and was obviously going to flame out.  I think Tebow was hoping to re-light the fire of taking over and doing it with an offense that had been geared for him as a backup.

Jacksonville had just taken Plain Garbage, and it was not a good situation to try and come in and compete with a quarterback just being given his first chance to develop.
Ryan all but guaranteed Tebow the starting spot then pretty much used him.  At the time Gabbert, the worst QB in the league was our QB and we had the best RB in the league.  The option with Tebow and MJD would of been nasty

I think you might actually just be [BLEEP].  In what universe does the option offense--because your QB can't throw--work in the NFL?

(05-28-2021, 12:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 12:41 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: You realize that during those wins, the Denver defense held the other team to 15 or less in 5 of the 7 wins? Or that Tebow only passed for more than 200 yards once? Tebow had 69 passing yards in a win against the Chiefs.... and 104 in a win against the Jets.

You are so delusional when it comes to Tebow that having a genuine conversation about him is impossible.
Why do you leave out the had the number 1 rushing offense?  Not to mention his leadership.  He led the league that year in comebacks as well.  Some leaders can even uplift the other side of the ball

You're literally claiming that Tebow is the sole reason for that team winning games because he motivated them to do it.  You're the most low IQ fan on this board, and that's really saying something.

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2021, 06:31 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(05-28-2021, 05:59 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 12:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ryan all but guaranteed Tebow the starting spot then pretty much used him.  At the time Gabbert, the worst QB in the league was our QB and we had the best RB in the league.  The option with Tebow and MJD would of been nasty

I think you might actually just be [BLEEP].  In what universe does the option offense--because your QB can't throw--work in the NFL?

(05-28-2021, 12:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Why do you leave out the had the number 1 rushing offense?  Not to mention his leadership.  He led the league that year in comebacks as well.  Some leaders can even uplift the other side of the ball

You're literally claiming that Tebow is the sole reason for that team winning games because he motivated them to do it.  You're the most low IQ fan on this board, and that's really saying something.

Look at the Ravens, if you stop Jackson from running he is nothing.  It shows everytime he makes the playoffs

You cant be that stupid, where did it say that was the sole reason?  It was just one of the reasons.  The sentence right before I said they had the number 1 rushing offense as well, but he also made plays with his arm though on the playoff run and in the playoffs

Haha. Luv it.

I genuinely thought the hatred, or the desire to see him fail, might have died down over the years. But as was always the case, Tebow moves the attention needle as much because of his haters as his fans.

I think you guys should relax and enjoy the fun. He's not going to be a star at this point. But he might make a key score that will be glorious. He might make a key, lay it all on the line block at some point that makes you remember why you love football.

Just relax. Stop falling into "I want to be vindicated about Tebow sucking." It puts you into a toxic place where you're rooting for someone on your team to do poorly. As far as intra-roster competition, it puts you in the odd position of praising and rooting for any rando but Tebow, including guys who will be out of the league soon.

It's a fun story. If it were anybody but Tebow, like some Afghanistan veteran, you'd be getting a kick out of it.

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2021, 06:58 PM by RicoTx.)

(05-28-2021, 06:31 PM)Race Bannon Wrote: I genuinely thought the hatred, or the desire to see him fail, might have died down over the years.  But as was always the case, Tebow moves the attention needle as much because of his haters as his fans.

I think you guys should relax and enjoy the fun.  He's not going to be a star at this point.  But he might make a key score that will be glorious.   He might make a key, lay it all on the line block at some point that makes you remember why you love football.

Just relax.  Stop falling into "I want to be vindicated about Tebow sucking."  It puts you into a toxic place where you're rooting for someone on your team to do poorly.  As far as intra-roster competition,  it puts you in the odd position of praising and rooting for any rando but Tebow, including guys who will be out of the league soon.

It's a fun story.  If it were anybody but Tebow, like some Afghanistan veteran,  you'd be getting a kick out of it.

I'm sorry but my issue has absolutely nothing to do with hating Tebow.

My issue(s):

The team basically doing nothing to strengthen the TE position.  And bringing in a project is not strengthening the position.

People over-inflating Tebow's playing abilities, present and especially past.  They just can't get past his college days.

What this is going to do to the vibe in the stadium if he's given a final roster spot.  And make no mistake, if he makes the team it will be a spot that he's given.  It takes players more than one training camp to make a position change like this.  Even guys that are 'studs' didn't 'get it' their first year.

I'm not rooting against anybody.  I just want/wanted an actual TE.

I feel like I've let myself down.  I wasn't going to respond to this thread anymore this weekend.  But I'm on a waitlist at the restaurant and I'm bored.

Does the Afghanistan vet have any experience playing TE?

(05-28-2021, 06:53 PM)RicoTx Wrote: [

No. He was a QB, or maybe a safety like Pat Tillman. He goes off for years and does roids and gets jacked. Serves his country, kills 8 men. Comes back and tries to reenter the league as a TE. New head coach Nick Fury gives him a chance.

You'd love that story.

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2021, 07:32 PM by jaglyn.)

(05-28-2021, 06:53 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 06:31 PM)Race Bannon Wrote: I genuinely thought the hatred, or the desire to see him fail, might have died down over the years.  But as was always the case, Tebow moves the attention needle as much because of his haters as his fans.

I think you guys should relax and enjoy the fun.  He's not going to be a star at this point.  But he might make a key score that will be glorious.   He might make a key, lay it all on the line block at some point that makes you remember why you love football.

Just relax.  Stop falling into "I want to be vindicated about Tebow sucking."  It puts you into a toxic place where you're rooting for someone on your team to do poorly.  As far as intra-roster competition,  it puts you in the odd position of praising and rooting for any rando but Tebow, including guys who will be out of the league soon.

It's a fun story.  If it were anybody but Tebow, like some Afghanistan veteran,  you'd be getting a kick out of it.

I'm sorry but my issue has absolutely nothing to do with hating Tebow.

My issue(s):

The team basically doing nothing to strengthen the TE position.  And bringing in a project is not strengthening the position.

People over-inflating Tebow's playing abilities, present and especially past.  They just can't get past his college days.

What this is going to do to the vibe in the stadium if he's given a final roster spot.  And make no mistake, if he makes the team it will be a spot that he's given.  It takes players more than one training camp to make a position change like this.  Even guys that are 'studs' didn't 'get it' their first year.

I feel like I've let myself down.  I wasn't going to respond to this thread anymore this weekend.  But I'm on a waitlist at the restaurant and I'm bored.

That’s just your insecurities as a Jag fan manifesting

And Tebow’s fanatics can’t get past his college days… neither can his haters lol

(05-28-2021, 07:29 PM)jaglyn Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 06:53 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I'm sorry but my issue has absolutely nothing to do with hating Tebow.

My issue(s):

That’s just your insecurities as a Jag fan manifesting

And Tebow’s fanatics can’t get past his college days… neither can his haters lol

How so?  The only thing that could possibly be construed as coming from an insecurity is the stadium vibe.  And I've witnessed it...first hand...when he came in for the opener in 2010.  I honestly hope I'm wrong.  Insecurity or not, I have a feeling I'm spot on.

(05-28-2021, 03:05 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 11:19 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Wait, wait.  You said he might not be on the final 53.  Now I'm confused.

You know you love it.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

This has to be the worst thread that has ever been created on these forums right? At least the worst one that has endured this long. I am embarrassed for this fanbase that we are letting Tebow control this much of the discussion.