Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

Only 19 more pages to go!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 06-18-2021, 08:43 AM by Tank Commander.)

(06-17-2021, 04:03 PM)enigma Wrote: I just want this hooplah to end with this guy...

Bless his heart for trying to make a comeback but can't he just ride off in the sunset somewhere in the Philippines or something?

He could always go to Jollibee down the street and pig out on Filipino fried chicken.

(06-17-2021, 10:58 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(06-17-2021, 07:46 PM)Dimson Wrote: Frank Wycheck was pretty much the same size as Tebow and he used to kill us every year. The man just seemed to get open and he always seemed to make the key catch against us, game after game. He didn't do it with size or speed, he just did it.

Well, he was taller and had way more experience playing TE than Tebow, not to mention he did it in a much different era. Also, Wycheck was nothing special in his first to years.

Can you name another TE that has had a good career with only "heart and determination" in the last 10 years?

Wycheck's height: 6-4 and a half. 

and steroid abuser as well.

(This post was last modified: 06-18-2021, 09:04 AM by Mikey.)

(06-17-2021, 04:03 PM)enigma Wrote: I just want this hooplah to end with this guy...

Bless his heart for trying to make a comeback but can't he just ride off in the sunset somewhere in the Philippines or something?

aw crap, if he is riding off into the sunset from Duval, that means he's headed to TLH.

I think I'd rather see Jim Cantore coming to town.

(06-17-2021, 04:07 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(06-17-2021, 11:09 AM)Dimson Wrote: According to all reports, he hasn't dropped a ball yet. Which was the biggest question mark besides his blocking ability. Not everyone has the measurables. Some get open with just heart and determination.

He's also looked awkward in blocking assignments and making cuts. Not surprised since it's all new to the guy.

Let's just hope Urbz doesn't have as much trouble with making cuts!!!1!!!1!111!

(06-17-2021, 10:58 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(06-17-2021, 07:46 PM)Dimson Wrote: Frank Wycheck was pretty much the same size as Tebow and he used to kill us every year. The man just seemed to get open and he always seemed to make the key catch against us, game after game. He didn't do it with size or speed, he just did it.

Well, he was taller and had way more experience playing TE than Tebow, not to mention he did it in a much different era. Also, Wycheck was nothing special in his first to years.

Can you name another TE that has had a good career with only "heart and determination" in the last 10 years?

....can't wait for this to be the new Combine stat du jour, maybe we find a wonderlic-type test to measure a player's grit, sticktoitiveness, and love of the game.

Its been a while since someone has updated us on the current page number. Can someone please share this very vital and well hidden information for the rest of us?

(This post was last modified: 06-18-2021, 11:57 AM by The Real Marty.)

(06-18-2021, 10:33 AM)TearExtractor Wrote: Its been a while since someone has updated us on the current page number. Can someone please share this very vital and well hidden information for the rest of us?

You are on page 81.

I'm starting to think we won't reach 100, because Tebow isn't generating any news and no one is asking about him in the press conferences.

(06-18-2021, 11:55 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 10:33 AM)TearExtractor Wrote: Its been a while since someone has updated us on the current page number. Can someone please share this very vital and well hidden information for the rest of us?

You are on page 81.

I'm starting to think we won't reach 100, because Tebow isn't generating any news and no one is asking about him in the press conferences.

Wait until the first preseason game.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

LOL

Praying we see 200 pages of this glorious thread

Bump

Heeeey!!

I really think Timmy is going to shock you when training camp and pre season happens. And in a good way.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(06-20-2021, 06:13 PM)Dimson Wrote: I really think Timmy is going to shock you when training camp and pre season happens. And in a good way.

You mean he'll be cut the first day of camp? That would definitely be shocking in a good way.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(06-20-2021, 06:13 PM)Dimson Wrote: I really think Timmy is going to shock you when training camp and pre season happens. And in a good way.

By retiring?

(06-20-2021, 06:48 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:

You mean he'll be cut the first day of camp? That would definitely be shocking in a good way.

I wouldn't be shocked if he gets cut but no way does he get cut until at least the final cuts.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(06-20-2021, 06:51 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(06-20-2021, 06:48 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: You mean he'll be cut the first day of camp? That would definitely be shocking in a good way.

I wouldn't be shocked if he gets cut but no way does he get cut until at least the final cuts.

They only have one set of cuts now.

He needs 3 games to qualify for the NFL pension, no way Urbz doesn't help him get it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-20-2021, 07:07 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He needs 3 games to qualify for the NFL pension, no way Urbz doesn't help him get it.

Salient point ^

(06-20-2021, 07:07 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He needs 3 games to qualify for the NFL pension, no way Urbz doesn't help him get it.

His net worth is north of $6 million and he's got a steady income stream from endorsements and whatever else work he does.  The NFL pension for a three-year player is $21k per year.  I don't think UM is particularly focused on organising his team plan around securing a financially independent Tebow a $21k revenue stream.

I give you credit for the passion of your anti-Tebow obsession but you'll need to work harder to make your posts more convincing to a reasonable audience.

Tebow is doing it for the love of the game. Stop being debbie downers and let the come back dream have a chance.

I mean, if UM really wanted to make sure that Tebow had a $21k in annuity income then Meyer would be better off putting about $600k of his own money in an indexed trust and then paying Tebow 4% from that each year. All it would take is a two-minute call to the accountant and 30 seconds to sign the paperwork. And it has the advantage of being a much easier path to $21k in Tebow's pocket than tanking the Jaguars organisation.

No, I'm afraid that you'll just have to accept that UM thinks that Tebow will either make the team or maybe do something else for the team that helps them win. The most obvious motive is the most likely: UM wants the Jags to perform and he thinks Tebow can help them do that.

(06-20-2021, 06:51 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(06-20-2021, 06:48 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: You mean he'll be cut the first day of camp? That would definitely be shocking in a good way.

So you think he’s going to shock people and at the same time you wouldn’t be shocked if he was cut? 

Riding the fence so when he’s cut you can look back and say “see. I said I wouldn’t be shocked.” Smart move.