Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(06-24-2021, 10:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-24-2021, 09:27 PM)Race Bannon Wrote: But if Tebow doesn't make the team, it won't be "I guess I was wrong, it wasn't rank cronyism,  it was just a chance to see if he could do it."

It will be "It was rank cronyism,  and Tebow is so terrible that rank cronyism met its match."

You should go ahead and get presumptively mad about it now.

I won't be. I appreciate the team giving him a shot, am enjoying the newness of the Jags situation with Trevor, and will consider it completely understandable if Tebow doesn't make the roster. Way "back when" when pundits said he should switch to tight end, I thought they were wrong. I do not think the position is well-suited to Tebow's body type or skill set. Offensively, he's a fullback. Defensively, he would be a great middle linebacker.

If he makes the squad, I will still believe he is not truly making as a conventional TE. I will believe they want him for special teams and goal line, and hope he can improve at TE.

I think it's a perfectly healthy attitude, one that should be the default attitude.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-25-2021, 09:31 AM)Race Bannon Wrote:
(06-24-2021, 10:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You should go ahead and get presumptively mad about it now.

I won't be.  I appreciate the team giving him a shot, am enjoying the newness of the Jags situation with Trevor, and will consider it completely understandable if Tebow doesn't make the roster.  Way "back when" when pundits said he should switch to tight end, I thought they were wrong.  I do not think the position is well-suited to Tebow's body type or skill set.  Offensively, he's a fullback.  Defensively, he would be a great middle linebacker.  

If he makes the squad, I will still believe he is not truly making as a conventional TE.  I will believe they want him for special teams and goal line, and hope he can improve at TE.

I think it's a perfectly healthy attitude, one that should be the default attitude.
But he’s not better than Trevor at anything goal line related so why would he come in? Why take a better player off the field for some gimmick?

(06-25-2021, 09:37 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-25-2021, 09:31 AM)Race Bannon Wrote: I won't be.  I appreciate the team giving him a shot, am enjoying the newness of the Jags situation with Trevor, and will consider it completely understandable if Tebow doesn't make the roster.  Way "back when" when pundits said he should switch to tight end, I thought they were wrong.  I do not think the position is well-suited to Tebow's body type or skill set.  Offensively, he's a fullback.  Defensively, he would be a great middle linebacker.  

If he makes the squad, I will still believe he is not truly making as a conventional TE.  I will believe they want him for special teams and goal line, and hope he can improve at TE.

But he’s not better than Trevor at anything goal line related so why would he come in? Why take a better player off the field for some gimmick?

He isn't better than Laviska, in the short yardage direct snap roll, either at this point in his career.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(06-25-2021, 09:37 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-25-2021, 09:31 AM)Race Bannon Wrote: I won't be.  I appreciate the team giving him a shot, am enjoying the newness of the Jags situation with Trevor, and will consider it completely understandable if Tebow doesn't make the roster.  Way "back when" when pundits said he should switch to tight end, I thought they were wrong.  I do not think the position is well-suited to Tebow's body type or skill set.  Offensively, he's a fullback.  Defensively, he would be a great middle linebacker.  

What's the point in hashing and rehashing whether he's good at anything? There's not one thing that you would concede he's good at, i.e. worth putting on the field at all over any particular player. The conclusion that follows is that you're posting in a thread about a player that should never see the field. Obviously, I think he's good at some things that would get him on the field. But there's nothing wrong with seeing things differently on that point.

(06-24-2021, 10:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You should go ahead and get presumptively mad about it now.

I won't be.  I appreciate the team giving him a shot, am enjoying the newness of the Jags situation with Trevor, and will consider it completely understandable if Tebow doesn't make the roster.  Way "back when" when pundits said he should switch to tight end, I thought they were wrong.  I do not think the position is well-suited to Tebow's body type or skill set.  Offensively, he's a fullback.  Defensively, he would be a great middle linebacker.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(06-25-2021, 10:03 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:

[Image: giphy.gif]

On the linebacker point, I don't mean now -- I mean his body and physical skill set were more suited to middle linebacker to begin with.  In other words, I think the idea that he should have switched to TE early in his career were not well founded.

(06-25-2021, 09:59 AM)Race Bannon Wrote:
(06-25-2021, 09:37 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: But he’s not better than Trevor at anything goal line related so why would he come in? Why take a better player off the field for some gimmick?

What's the point in hashing and rehashing whether he's good at anything?  There's not one thing that you would concede he's good at, i.e. worth putting on the field at all over any particular player.  The conclusion that follows is that you're posting in a thread about a player that should never see the field.  Obviously, I think he's good at some things that would get him on the field.  But there's nothing wrong with seeing things differently on that point.
Yup. No reason to hash it out so mods, please lock the thread.

Woo hoo! Hand shakes all around guys. We did it.

(This post was last modified: 06-25-2021, 10:54 AM by scottyg.)

(06-25-2021, 10:39 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-25-2021, 09:59 AM)Race Bannon Wrote: What's the point in hashing and rehashing whether he's good at anything?  There's not one thing that you would concede he's good at, i.e. worth putting on the field at all over any particular player.  The conclusion that follows is that you're posting in a thread about a player that should never see the field.  Obviously, I think he's good at some things that would get him on the field.  But there's nothing wrong with seeing things differently on that point.
Yup. No reason to hash it out so mods, please lock the thread.

Woo hoo! Hand shakes all around guys. We did it.

What do you mean, "We did it"?  I'll have you know, we are still 13 pages short of the goal.  Thirteen!!  Nothing is over!

If you got 5 minutes, the whole scene is awesome...

Let's Do It!

We're not locking this masterpiece.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 06-25-2021, 11:27 AM by Jag88.)

This thread will get you through the "dead zone"

You can thank tebow again.

(06-24-2021, 11:11 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(06-24-2021, 05:01 PM)RicoTx Wrote: When he was on Denver?  No...they won in spite of him.  He had 9 TDs and 17 interceptions.  That year he was beyond washed up.  He got benched for Osweiler mid-season.

But, to the point.  He's comparing a 24-year old to a washed up 39 year-old QB.  Pretty weak.

And his other Super Bowl he was voted MVP.

I remember him being average that game. Plus it was the Bears. They might be the worst Super Bowl team in memory.

Wait, so you remember Manning being 'average' that game yet Tebow who was far worse in Denver's playoff win 'led them to victory'?  LOL
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(06-25-2021, 12:02 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(06-24-2021, 11:11 PM)Dimson Wrote: I remember him being average that game. Plus it was the Bears. They might be the worst Super Bowl team in memory.

Wait, so you remember Manning being 'average' that game yet Tebow who was far worse in Denver's playoff win 'led them to victory'?  LOL

Hey, that guy...  All he needed was the best defense in the league to keep it close, and yes Denver was better than their numbers because they rarely got much of a break during most games, and he was guaranteed to make at least one or fewer game winning plays late in the 4th quarter of every game!  Quit trying to rewrite history here!

(This post was last modified: 06-25-2021, 12:21 PM by Race Bannon.)

(06-25-2021, 12:02 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(06-24-2021, 11:11 PM)Dimson Wrote: I remember him being average that game. Plus it was the Bears. They might be the worst Super Bowl team in memory.

I don't know, I think the game was at best average by Peyton Manning standards, and was a "lead" by Tebow standards.  I mean, you say Tebow was "far worse in Denver's playoff victory," BUT

Tebow threw for 316 yards, Manning threw for 247.
Tebow threw for 2 touchdowns, Manning threw 1.
Tebow threw no interceptions, Manning threw 1.
Tebow's QB rating for the game was 125, Manning's was 81.
Tebow also scored a rushing TD, Manning . . . of course did not.

So you're entitled to your judgment, but I disagree with your conclusion that in comparing those two games, Tebow was not "far worse."

(06-25-2021, 12:09 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(06-25-2021, 12:02 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Wait, so you remember Manning being 'average' that game yet Tebow who was far worse in Denver's playoff win 'led them to victory'?  LOL

Hey, that guy...  All he needed was the best defense in the league to keep it close, and yes Denver was better than their numbers because they rarely got much of a break during most games, and he was guaranteed to make at least one or fewer game winning plays late in the 4th quarter of every game!  Quit trying to rewrite history here!

In the specific game under discussion, Denver had a 20-6 lead at halftime. Despite a valiant effort, the defense was not able to stop Pittsburgh from coming back in the second half. A key fumble stopped a clinching drive by Denver. But the defense did well at least held the tie at 23-23. (Obviously, Denver won it in overtime with the much-played highlight).

(06-25-2021, 12:20 PM)Race Bannon Wrote:
(06-25-2021, 12:02 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Wait, so you remember Manning being 'average' that game yet Tebow who was far worse in Denver's playoff win 'led them to victory'?  LOL

I don't know, I think the game was at best average by Peyton Manning standards, and was a "lead" by Tebow standards.  I mean, you say Tebow was "far worse in Denver's playoff victory," BUT

So you're entitled to your judgment, but I disagree with your conclusion that in comparing those two games, Tebow was not "far worse."

So Tebow played in a Super Bowl?

(06-25-2021, 12:28 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(06-25-2021, 12:20 PM)Race Bannon Wrote: I don't know, I think the game was at best average by Peyton Manning standards, and was a "lead" by Tebow standards.  I mean, you say Tebow was "far worse in Denver's playoff victory," BUT

So you're entitled to your judgment, but I disagree with your conclusion that in comparing those two games, Tebow was not "far worse."

No, look at your own post:  "Wait, so you remember Manning being 'average' that game yet Tebow who was far worse in Denver's playoff win 'led them to victory'?  LOL"

You were comparing the Manning's Super Bowl to Tebow "in Denver's playoff win."  Those were the two games under discussion.

(06-25-2021, 12:42 PM)Race Bannon Wrote:
(06-25-2021, 12:28 PM)RicoTx Wrote: So Tebow played in a Super Bowl?

No, look at your own post:  "Wait, so you remember Manning being 'average' that game yet Tebow who was far worse in Denver's playoff win 'led them to victory'?  LOL"

You were comparing the Manning's Super Bowl to Tebow "in Denver's playoff win."  Those were the two games under discussion.
11-21

(06-25-2021, 12:28 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(06-25-2021, 12:20 PM)Race Bannon Wrote: I don't know, I think the game was at best average by Peyton Manning standards, and was a "lead" by Tebow standards.  I mean, you say Tebow was "far worse in Denver's playoff victory," BUT

Only because he never got the fair opportunity to...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-25-2021, 12:43 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(06-25-2021, 12:42 PM)Race Bannon Wrote: No, look at your own post:  "Wait, so you remember Manning being 'average' that game yet Tebow who was far worse in Denver's playoff win 'led them to victory'?  LOL"

11-21

Good point -- Tebow threw above his career average in completion percentage. Another feather in his cap!

...so you think everyone should be of the mindset that we brought timmy in for special teams and goal line?

"The board would be so much better if everyone thought like I did"