Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(07-12-2021, 03:05 PM)Pendragon Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 02:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Ummm

You know Lawrence was in college a year ago, right? 

Tebow’s college stats are from 12 years ago. 

Which do you think will be more relevant in September, 2021?

When was Tebow considered a bust as as an NFL QB?  Within a couple years of him leaving college, right?  What stage of Trevor's career is he at now?  Sorry, I didn't think I would actually have to walk anyone through the comparison...
A valid comparison doesn’t exist. How could you walk anyone through it? 

Trevor is a top three QB prospect over the past 4 decades of drafted QBs.

Tebow was probably only considered a first rounder by 10 or 12 teams. 

From a prospect transitioning to rookie perspective there is zero comparison. 

Beyond that - trying to flaunt Tebow’s college numbers or stupid quotes from McDaniels or Elway - these are all irrefutably too out of date and expired to mean anything regarding what we should expect from a failed QB trying to reinvent himself as a TE after failing at baseball for several years.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-12-2021, 03:50 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: I just placed everyone except for myself on "Ignore" and got this Tebow thread down to 2 pages with some really great comments.

I don't see how the comments could be all that great if it's just you...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-12-2021, 03:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 03:05 PM)Pendragon Wrote: When was Tebow considered a bust as as an NFL QB?  Within a couple years of him leaving college, right?  What stage of Trevor's career is he at now?  Sorry, I didn't think I would actually have to walk anyone through the comparison...
A valid comparison doesn’t exist. How could you walk anyone through it? 

Beyond that - trying to flaunt Tebow’s college numbers or stupid quotes from McDaniels or Elway - these are all irrefutably too out of date and expired to mean anything regarding what we should expect from a failed QB trying to reinvent himself as a TE after failing at baseball for several years.

Six months from now when you start a thread entitled "Is it too early to call Trevor a bust?" it will all make sense to you.  Until then...

(07-12-2021, 04:12 PM)Pendragon Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 03:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: A valid comparison doesn’t exist. How could you walk anyone through it? 

Six months from now when you start a thread entitled "Is it too early to call Trevor a bust?" it will all make sense to you.  Until then...

Trevor has been rated like...

Elway, Manning and Luck

He's the 4th to be anointed as such. By almost every scout that matters.

Your love of Tebow is a little sad.... Lito Sheppard is a much better example to follow.

(07-12-2021, 10:26 AM)Pendragon Wrote: Correct.  But if stats in college are "the" primary indicator, Trevor=Tim.  That was the point.

I know I shouldn't feed the trolls, but I'd like you to cite any instance where anyone has said "college doesn't mean crap in the NFL".

And be careful you don't confuse that with "college stats from ten years ago don't mean crap in today's NFL."

congrats on getting us closer to 100 pages, I reckon.

(07-12-2021, 03:05 PM)Pendragon Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 02:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Ummm

You know Lawrence was in college a year ago, right? 

Tebow’s college stats are from 12 years ago. 

Which do you think will be more relevant in September, 2021?

When was Tebow considered a bust as as an NFL QB?  Within a couple years of him leaving college, right?  What stage of Trevor's career is he at now?  Sorry, I didn't think I would actually have to walk anyone through the comparison...

Teebs wasn't deemed a bust based on his college stats, though.

If we are basing shieldball success on NCAA performance, Timmy Chang should have a room full of Lombardi trophies.

(07-12-2021, 04:12 PM)Pendragon Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 03:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: A valid comparison doesn’t exist. How could you walk anyone through it? 

Yeah that's gonna happen...

I am sure we won't see you around here when Teblows drops easy passes and gets abused by DE's and LB's when trying to block them.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

I can't wait for him to get cut simply because it'll mean these tebow [BLEEP] hats will quit posting their dumb [BLEEP] on this board.

In just before 100. That's all

Is this the day for triple digits?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-12-2021, 05:09 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I can't wait for him to get cut simply because it'll mean these tebow [BLEEP] hats will quit posting their dumb [BLEEP] on this board.

Amen!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Sure, get rid of the only player who puts heart and teamwork above the dollar sign.

You want him in that locker room. You NEED him in that locker room.

(07-12-2021, 07:56 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Sure, get rid of the only player who puts heart and teamwork above the dollar sign.

What makes you think he is the only player that has that mindset, even assuming he had that mindset?

I  bet Collin Johnson makes less than Tebow would make if he makes the team, and he expressed a willingness to switch position to help the team.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2021, 08:13 PM by Pendragon.)

(07-12-2021, 05:09 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I can't wait for him to get cut simply because it'll mean these tebow [BLEEP] hats will quit posting their dumb [BLEEP] on this board 
Then it will just be you and your redneck PBR drinking dueling-banjo buddies rocking those one-win seasons… Jacksonville, lol.

Whoever said “[BLEEP] hat”, that was spot on. I now did my part to reach trips. I’ll check in again to read what other gems this [BLEEP] hat posts. But I refuse to feed him. He’s living off message board welfare and your replies to him are paying for it all.

(07-12-2021, 08:12 PM)Pendragon Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 05:09 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I can't wait for him to get cut simply because it'll mean these tebow [BLEEP] hats will quit posting their dumb [BLEEP] on this board 
Then it will just be you and your redneck PBR drinking dueling-banjo buddies rocking those one-win seasons… Jacksonville, lol.

But you said the gata fans would be gone?

(07-12-2021, 08:01 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 07:56 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Sure, get rid of the only player who puts heart and teamwork above the dollar sign.

What makes you think he is the only player that has that mindset, even assuming he had that mindset?

I  bet Collin Johnson makes less than Tebow would make if he makes the team, and he expressed a willingness to switch position to help the team.

https://youtu.be/BlIQFf7A5wY

(07-12-2021, 08:12 PM)Pendragon Wrote:

Says the Tebow fan. Dude has been terrible at sports ever since he left college  Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

There it is! One more page to 100. 

https://youtu.be/qhw-XlTMB5I

This thread is like the video of dogs barking through an opening gate only to walk away as soon as the gate fully opens. The opening gate is the approaching season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ8eTb6xr_k