Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(07-28-2021, 11:06 AM)Kane Wrote:
(07-27-2021, 06:23 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I'll lose a lot of faith in this coaching staff if Tebow even makes this 53 man roster, but I'll definitely lose all faith in this coaching staff if they were to take Lawrence off the field for Tebow, or put him in the game as a gadget player over Shenault, ETN, Robinson, or around 30 other players on this roster.

Well I'm sure losing your faith will mean a ton to them... And us.

Also there's no evidence to even think Tebow will be getting any snaps at QB, wildcat or otherwise.

He's fighting for a 4th TE spot, nothing more or less. Everyone should unwad their panties until given a reason to get them wadded.
And yet, if you read through posts in this thread, it's littered with many posts claiming he will/should see snaps at the wildcat position.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-28-2021, 11:29 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 11:06 AM)Kane Wrote: Well I'm sure losing your faith will mean a ton to them... And us.

Also there's no evidence to even think Tebow will be getting any snaps at QB, wildcat or otherwise.

He's fighting for a 4th TE spot, nothing more or less. Everyone should unwad their panties until given a reason to get them wadded.
And yet, if you read through posts in this thread, it's littered with many posts claiming he will/should see snaps at the wildcat position.

And yet, I would think fan speculation (including my own) does not equal "evidence" that he actually will. I think he's saying there should be no worry or gnashing of teeth unless and until there's a shred of indication from somewhere that counts.

(07-28-2021, 10:07 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 09:56 AM)anonymous2112 Wrote: With some practice, YOU could probably throw the ball better than Tebow.

Let's not go too far. The guy is a world class athlete, he's just not a good NFL player. He would've made a great American Gladiator.

Hey, you don't know me, he is probably right  Cool
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(07-28-2021, 03:55 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 10:07 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Let's not go too far. The guy is a world class athlete, he's just not a good NFL player. He would've made a great American Gladiator.

Hey, you don't know me, he is probably right  Cool

[Image: tenor.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2021, 04:31 PM by TrivialPursuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-28-2021, 04:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 03:55 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Hey, you don't know me, he is probably right  Cool

[Image: tenor.gif]

Meh, it's honestly not hard to find people that can throw the ball better than Tebow.

I'd probably say most of the High School starting QBs can throw the ball better. From his horrendous windup to the lack of arm strength - there isn't anything special about his throwing ability. My brother, as an example, could throw the ball so hard with such a tight spiral you could hear the seams in the football whistle in the air as it came toward you. Tebow could never, ever do that.

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2021, 05:22 PM by TearExtractor.)

(07-28-2021, 04:30 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 04:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif]

Meh, it's honestly not hard to find people that can throw the ball better than Tebow.

I'd probably say most of the High School starting QBs can throw the ball better. From his horrendous windup to the lack of arm strength - there isn't anything special about his throwing ability. My brother, as an example, could throw the ball so hard with such a tight spiral you could hear the seams in the football whistle in the air as it came toward you. Tebow could never, ever do that.
I bet your uncle can throw a football a quarter mile, maybe even over them mountains too huh?

(07-28-2021, 11:29 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 11:06 AM)Kane Wrote: Well I'm sure losing your faith will mean a ton to them... And us.

I would rather have him take snaps at QB rather than blowing a blocking assignment at TE and getting Trevor Lawrence severely injured.

(07-28-2021, 07:33 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 11:29 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: And yet, if you read through posts in this thread, it's littered with many posts claiming he will/should see snaps at the wildcat position.

I would rather have him take snaps at QB rather than blowing a blocking assignment at TE and getting Trevor Lawrence severely injured.

I'd rather him not be on the roster than waste the spot on a guy who can't do what the position demands.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-28-2021, 10:07 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 09:56 AM)anonymous2112 Wrote: With some practice, YOU could probably throw the ball better than Tebow.

Let's not go too far. The guy is a world class athlete, he's just not a good NFL player. He would've made a great American Gladiator.

Tebow IS a world class athlete, perfect teammate, all-around nice guy and total leader in the locker room and on the field.

He's also worse at the forward pass than any 10 game starter I've seen in this century.  There's a reason no one wanted him to do it after Denver got rid of him.  Let him block, let him catch, let him run, let him hand off, hell, let him coach.  Just don't let him try forward passes.

(07-28-2021, 11:06 AM)Kane Wrote:
(07-27-2021, 06:23 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I'll lose a lot of faith in this coaching staff if Tebow even makes this 53 man roster, but I'll definitely lose all faith in this coaching staff if they were to take Lawrence off the field for Tebow, or put him in the game as a gadget player over Shenault, ETN, Robinson, or around 30 other players on this roster.

Well I'm sure losing your faith will mean a ton to them... And us.

There's no evidence that he'll just be fighting for the 4th or 5th TE spot either, considering camp just started. We assume it's for a TE spot, but who knows how cute this staff will try and get.

Also, there's plenty of people on this board, other platforms and even talking heads blabbering about how Tebow should be worked in slowly as a TE but that he should instantly get short yardage/goal line touches simply because he's Tebow and he's suppose to be so great at it.

I wouldn’t worry about that..

-Vic

All right, which one if us is Hays?

(07-28-2021, 10:23 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

There's no evidence that he'll just be fighting for the 4th or 5th TE spot either, considering camp just started. We assume it's for a TE spot, but who knows how cute this staff will try and get.

Also, there's plenty of people on this board, other platforms and even talking heads blabbering about how Tebow should be worked in slowly as a TE but that he should instantly get short yardage/goal line touches simply because he's Tebow and he's suppose to be so great at it.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(07-29-2021, 05:29 PM)Dimson Wrote: https://twitter.com/1010XL/status/142081...93408?s=19

Heh.  Trolling the bait-able or a genuine assessment?

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2021, 06:43 PM by Pendragon.)

https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...frame.html

Nothing can stop the Tebow train now. All aboard.

https://twitter.com/_John_Shipley/status...frame.html

Ok. Last one.

I'm just checking in with some kettle corn to read
some people argue about tebow. Please carry on

Let's see what happens when they put the pads on. If I'm wrong and he somehow does manage to stick around as a bench warmer/ special teams player, I'll be ok with it.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(07-29-2021, 07:18 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Let's see what happens when they put the pads on. If I'm wrong and he somehow does manage to stick around as a bench warmer/ special teams player, I'll be ok with it.

Your statement reminded me of the Sandlot when The Heater says man look at him Benny, man he ain’t game. And squince calls him an L7 weenie.

After Benny showed Smalls how to Catch it and throw it, the whole team was like oh he’s alright. Ok...let’s play some ball.

With that said, I think the media is hyping things up.

(07-29-2021, 10:30 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(07-29-2021, 07:18 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Let's see what happens when they put the pads on. If I'm wrong and he somehow does manage to stick around as a bench warmer/ special teams player, I'll be ok with it.

Your statement reminded me of the Sandlot when The Heater says man look at him Benny, man he ain’t game. And squince calls him an L7 weenie.

After Benny showed Smalls how to Catch it and throw it, the whole team was like oh he’s alright. Ok...let’s play some ball.

With that said, I think the media is hyping things up.

Gata homer media hyping Tim Tevo?

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=6232615]