Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

I am hoping Tebow thrives so I can drink the tears of all you haters. The salt is real..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Best timeline: Tebow plays great the whole season.
2nd best : Complete clown fiesta and is cut during preseason.
Worst timeline: He makes the team as the 19th string TE and plays like 7 snaps the entire year.

(07-30-2021, 10:11 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: Best timeline: Tebow plays great the whole season.
Worst timeline: He makes the team as the 19th string TE and plays like 7 snaps the entire year.

I think there's an unspoken understanding with Tebow and the coaching staff that if he makes the team, given his age and image, it's all or nothing. He'll be used productively, brutally at times, or cut. There's no other way to justify his roster space.

(07-30-2021, 10:31 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-30-2021, 10:11 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: Best timeline: Tebow plays great the whole season.

I think there's an unspoken understanding with Tebow and the coaching staff that if he makes the team, given his age and image, it's all or nothing. He'll be used productively, brutally at times, or cut. There's no other way to justify his roster space.

I hope you are right.  There's no good reason to keep a guy his age on the practice squad.

Another timeline involves him making the team, playing sporadically but dropping a pass that kills a drive that leads to the Jags missing the playoffs. In that scenario, the Tebow faithful blame Meyer. Lol.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(07-31-2021, 08:33 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:

Another timeline involves him making the team, playing sporadically but dropping a pass that kills a drive that leads to the Jags missing the playoffs. In that scenario, the Tebow faithful blame Meyer TLaw. Lol.

"If Tim had been throwin' that ball ain't no way it would'a been that bad!"
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-31-2021, 09:03 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-31-2021, 08:33 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Another timeline involves him making the team, playing sporadically but dropping a pass that kills a drive that leads to the Jags missing the playoffs. In that scenario, the Tebow faithful blame Meyer TLaw. Lol.

"If Tim had been throwin' that ball ain't no way it would'a been that bad!"

"Timmah woulda had us in the Superbo' by now!"
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(07-31-2021, 09:44 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(07-31-2021, 09:03 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: "If Tim had been throwin' that ball ain't no way it would'a been that bad!"

He jes' needs a chance to show he's a winner!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-31-2021, 09:44 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(07-31-2021, 09:03 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: "If Tim had been throwin' that ball ain't no way it would'a been that bad!"

(07-31-2021, 02:31 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-31-2021, 09:44 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: "Timmah woulda had us in the Superbo' by now!"

He jes' needs a chance to show he's a winner!

My wife is figuratively staring daggers at you.

(07-31-2021, 08:33 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:

Another timeline involves him making the team, playing sporadically but dropping a pass that kills a drive that leads to the Jags missing the playoffs. In that scenario, the Tebow faithful blame Meyer. Lol.
Oh man what a knee-slapper here.

I’m a Non-Tebow fan, but I have to admit he’s the most jacked TE we have. Dude has the Greg Jones going on.

(08-01-2021, 08:29 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I’m a Non-Tebow fan, but I have to admit he’s the most jacked TE we have. Dude has the Greg Jones going on.

He's also the most "not a Tight End" TE we have on the roster.

(08-01-2021, 08:52 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-01-2021, 08:29 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I’m a Non-Tebow fan, but I have to admit he’s the most jacked TE we have. Dude has the Greg Jones going on.

100%

(08-01-2021, 08:52 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

He is in the Gronk mold. If he can be half that, he will be the best TE the Jags have. He doesn't need to be much but he will be better than trying some of the undersized TEs in a FB or blocking role for all the running Meyer will want to do out of different formations.

As much as I don't like the media craziness that will happen, if he makes the team and is successful then great and if he fails and is cut then no problem.

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2021, 01:24 PM by TrivialPursuit. Edited 2 times in total.)

(08-02-2021, 12:37 PM)p_rushing Wrote:

(08-01-2021, 08:52 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He's also the most "not a Tight End" TE we have on the roster.

He is in the Gronk mold. If he can be half that, he will be the best TE the Jags have. He doesn't need to be much but he will be better than trying some of the undersized TEs in a FB or blocking role for all the running Meyer will want to do out of different formations.

As much as I don't like the media craziness that will happen, if he makes the team and is successful then great and if he fails and is cut then no problem.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Gronk is actually a tough guy (with a TE"s frame). He's had a life that was rough n tumble and fun and fights about girls and fights with friends (and brothers) just 'cause they were drunk. Gronk was an actual tough TE.

Tebow is not that. He's a homeschooled kid that was coddled his entire life. He can go to the gym all he wants, but he will get his butt kicked by anyone that's actually been in a real fight.

He's not tough, he can't block... he's just a big guy that works out a lot.

(08-02-2021, 12:37 PM)p_rushing Wrote: He is in the Gronk mold. If he can be half that, he will be the best TE the Jags have.

Yeah, if Tebow can be half as good as the greatest TE of all time then he will be the best TE on the team. Hard to debate that.

Chuck Liddell would be a great TE.

(08-02-2021, 01:23 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(08-02-2021, 12:37 PM)p_rushing Wrote: He is in the Gronk mold. If he can be half that, he will be the best TE the Jags have. He doesn't need to be much but he will be better than trying some of the undersized TEs in a FB or blocking role for all the running Meyer will want to do out of different formations.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Gronk is actually a tough guy (with a TE"s frame). He's had a life that was rough n tumble and fun and fights about girls and fights with friends (and brothers) just 'cause they were drunk. Gronk was an actual tough TE.

Tebow is not that. He's a homeschooled kid that was coddled his entire life. He can go to the gym all he wants, but he will get his butt kicked by anyone that's actually been in a real fight.

Laughing Laughing
Says the keyboard tough guy!  You're more ridiculous than the other one who was comparing him to Gronk.  

Truth is that he's looking better than most of us thought he would.  I'm actively rooting for him to be good enough to make the team.  It would be delicious to see all the haters in this thread lose their collective minds!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

The best way to go is expect worst and hope for the best. We will see this week with the pads coming on.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(08-02-2021, 05:48 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(08-02-2021, 01:23 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Laughing Laughing
Says the keyboard tough guy!  You're more ridiculous than the other one who was comparing him to Gronk.  

Truth is that he's looking better than most of us thought he would.  I'm actively rooting for him to be good enough to make the team.  It would be delicious to see all the haters in this thread lose their collective minds!

He is just like Gronk in body style. I didn't say he had the same skills or the results will be the same. They both put the work in the gym in and are muscular for their position.