Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

Gronk has got height, though. 99 people out of 100 would object to your comparison based on Tebows lack of Gronks height. You got the one guy who would key in on playground fighting.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-02-2021, 05:57 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(08-02-2021, 05:48 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Laughing Laughing
Says the keyboard tough guy!  You're more ridiculous than the other one who was comparing him to Gronk.  

Truth is that he's looking better than most of us thought he would.  I'm actively rooting for him to be good enough to make the team.  It would be delicious to see all the haters in this thread lose their collective minds!

He is just like Gronk in body style. I didn't say he had the same skills or the results will be the same. They both put the work in the gym in and are muscular for their position.

Tebow is 4 inches shorter and about 40 pounds lighter than Gronk...

Nah it's about 10 or 15 pounds. Tebow is built heavier, but only 6-3.

Gronk's height means he has a larger catch radius. This is amplified as Tebow appears to be a body catcher.

TLaw throwing BB's right on the torso forming bad habits for Tebiw.

Wait and see right now they are playing in shorts. So I guess all we can say is it is possible he is good enough for the Ladies Lingerie League. One way or another...everything will work out. You guys crack me up at times...LOL
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(08-02-2021, 06:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-02-2021, 05:57 PM)p_rushing Wrote: He is just like Gronk in body style. I didn't say he had the same skills or the results will be the same. They both put the work in the gym in and are muscular for their position.

Gronk probably has a wingspan about a foot wider than Tebow's as well.

Haven't seen a spider chart since TMD was around.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(08-03-2021, 09:17 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/rob-gronkowski
https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/tim-tebow

Whoa now. We can't have any of this now.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2021, 12:27 PM by TrivialPursuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-03-2021, 10:20 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 09:17 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/rob-gronkowski
https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/tim-tebow

Whoa now. We can't have any of this now.

What? A chart clearly showing that Tebow sucks at every measurable that matters for a TE? While in his prime.

Today? Take half of those spidercharts away.

(08-03-2021, 12:27 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 10:20 AM)Dimson Wrote: Whoa now. We can't have any of this now.

What? A chart clearly showing that Tebow sucks at every measurable that matters for a TE? While in his prime.

Today? Take half of those spidercharts away.

Tebow's chart is percentiles vs. QBs
Gronks's chart is percentiles vs. TEs

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2021, 12:51 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

Gronk has a 7 foot wingspan.  Tebow has alligator arms - that's why he needs to catch the ball against his body.

Tebow was a slimmed down 236 at the combine. He's walking around at 255 at this point.

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2021, 04:55 PM by Tank Commander.)

(07-30-2021, 03:17 PM)Pendragon Wrote: In the great scheme of things which is worse?

A. The guy who joins a forum because he is a fan of someone trying the make the team

B. the guy who joins a forum because he hates someone who is trying to make the team

[Image: Untitled-6-3.jpg]

(08-02-2021, 06:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-02-2021, 05:57 PM)p_rushing Wrote: He is just like Gronk in body style. I didn't say he had the same skills or the results will be the same. They both put the work in the gym in and are muscular for their position.

He's also much slower straight line speed.

(07-30-2021, 03:17 PM)Pendragon Wrote: In the great scheme of things which is worse?

A. The guy who joins a forum because he is a fan of someone trying the make the team

B. the guy who joins a forum because he hates someone who is trying to make the team

C. Guys who join the forum because of someone and not the team.

Gtfo of here with that.

(08-03-2021, 05:15 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:

Gtfo of here with that.

I have never understood it myself. If Minshew goes to another team I'm not signing up on their board. I love the guy and want him to succeed but me going to another team message board isn't going to make that happen and I waste spend enough time here.

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2021, 06:26 PM by p_rushing. Edited 1 time in total.)

Good grief, I never said he was Gronk. They are both big, muscular TEs. Gronk is faster, more agile, and better hands (as far as we know) than Tebow. Tebow has a similar body type though, his reach is smaller and he is shorter. He will never be that good but if he is consistent in blocking and catches the ball, he could be one of the best TEs the Jags have had. The bar is pretty low, the leader now couldn't catch the ball without double tapping it. The current TEs can't stay on the field because they always get hurt. Tebow will at least put it all on the field if he gets a shot.

Wait until we see him in the preseason to laugh at him missing blocks, dropping passes, running the wrong route, etc. It will give you a reason to watch the games after TL leaves the game.

Good points ^^ let's enjoy the show and shud up

(08-03-2021, 05:15 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:

Gtfo of here with that.
My man!

I’m ok with it as long as they remain a fan when said player leaves.

I’m sure there are some people who were Clemson fans and are now Jags fans. Hopefully they remain that way for life.