Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(08-17-2021, 01:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 01:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Said this 3 months ago. ^. 

Annnnnnnndddd -  Oliver caught 4 of 6 targets in his preseason debut with Baltimore the other day 

Undecided

This is a big check mark in the "bad move" column for the Meyer/Baalke F.O.

I think Meyer want a TE that can block as well as pass catch and him not staying healthy was icing on the cake for him being here.  He we be hurt likely before week 2 or 3

Hey, you can go ahead and make baseless assumptions about Oliver's health all you want, but it's just cheap, meaningless speculation.

And you are really gonna sit there and tell me Meyer signed a 34 year old who's never thrown a block in his life because he wanted someone who could block better than Oliver?????

LOL

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2021, 01:56 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-17-2021, 01:35 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I'm not even going to post the link on here as the guy is so full of [BLEEP].  If you want to see it you can go to ESPN.com.  But good ole Stephen A. Smith is now trying to make this out to be a race issue.

Of course he is.. He, like Jemele Hill, found their niche in the market and they're sticking to it. Are they both garbage human beings for it? Absolutely.. 

They'll both die on that racial hill.. They do nothing but help drive diversity, and the world will be better when they're both gone.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(08-17-2021, 01:35 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I'm not even going to post the link on here as the guy is so full of [BLEEP].  If you want to see it you can go to ESPN.com.  But good ole Stephen A. Smith is now trying to make this out to be a race issue.

They guy who said Ohtani (or however it is spelled) wasn't a good face for the MLB cuz he was asian

(08-17-2021, 01:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 01:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think Meyer want a TE that can block as well as pass catch and him not staying healthy was icing on the cake for him being here.  He we be hurt likely before week 2 or 3

Hey, you can go ahead and make baseless assumptions about Oliver's health all you want, but it's just cheap, meaningless speculation.

And you are really gonna sit there and tell me Meyer signed a 34 year old who's never thrown a block in his life because he wanted someone who could block better than Oliver?????

LOL
Hahahaha

“We need more blocking tight ends. LETS GET TEBOW!”

(08-17-2021, 01:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 01:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think Meyer want a TE that can block as well as pass catch and him not staying healthy was icing on the cake for him being here.  He we be hurt likely before week 2 or 3

LOL
Baseless?  It's not baseless when he has played how many games in his career?  Tebows problem was STs, probably another reason Oliver was cut.  2/3 string TEs need to be able to contribute on Special Teams

(08-17-2021, 02:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 01:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Hey, you can go ahead and make baseless assumptions about Oliver's health all you want, but it's just cheap, meaningless speculation.

LOL
Baseless?  It's not baseless when he has played how many games in his career?  Tebows problem was STs, probably another reason Oliver was cut.  2/3 string TEs need to be able to contribute on Special Teams

Tebows problem was blocking air tripping over his feet and getting shed with no effort by a 4th stringer in live game action.

Best ability is availability

Wow! 127 pages dedicated to guy that didn't last passed first cuts. Realistically, everyone had to see this coming whether they wanted to admit it or not. It was gonna take a full fledged miracle for him to even make the roster and even if he did, he'd be buried on the depth chart and never see the field. I have nothing against the guy. I wish him well, but some guys are just not cut out for the NFL and he is one of them. He'll be just fine though. He makes a ton of money, has a hot wife and apparently, still has plenty of loyal fans. I wish I had those kind of things to fall back on. LOL

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2021, 02:21 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(08-17-2021, 02:12 PM)Kane Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 02:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Baseless?  It's not baseless when he has played how many games in his career?  Tebows problem was STs, probably another reason Oliver was cut.  2/3 string TEs need to be able to contribute on Special Teams

Tebows problem was blocking air tripping over his feet and getting shed with no effort by a 4th stringer in live game action.
The one play that went viral he actually did set the edge and create some space even though it looked funny

(08-17-2021, 02:12 PM)Kane Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 02:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Baseless?  It's not baseless when he has played how many games in his career?  Tebows problem was STs, probably another reason Oliver was cut.  2/3 string TEs need to be able to contribute on Special Teams

https://twitter.com/GeneFrenette/status/...32864?s=20

(08-17-2021, 02:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 02:12 PM)Kane Wrote: Tebows problem was blocking air tripping over his feet and getting shed with no effort by a 4th stringer in live game action.
The one play that went viral he actually did set the edge and create some space even though it looked funny

(08-17-2021, 02:12 PM)Kane Wrote: Tebows problem was blocking air tripping over his feet and getting shed with no effort by a 4th stringer in live game action.

Man. When you dig your heels in, you really dig them in.

Good for you.

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2021, 02:28 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-17-2021, 02:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 02:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The one play that went viral he actually did set the edge and create some space even though it looked funny

Man. When you dig your heels in, you really dig them in.

Good for you.

Meyer said it himself.  The cut was mostly do to his poor play on ST. I'm sure that had a lot to do with the Oliver trade as well. On top of his inability to stay healthy

Oliver was fragile. Not sure if he still is. Good for tebow to give it a good shot. You only live once. That's a lot of work he and all the players around the league put in. Hot summer. Only 53 can get hired and the other half dont.

Wow, him getting cut actually made the news out here. Sitting in the waiting room for the doctor and pulled up the local news website.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-17-2021, 02:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 02:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Man. When you dig your heels in, you really dig them in.

Good for you.

Meyer said it himself.  The cut was mostly do to his poor play on ST. I'm sure that had a lot to do with the Oliver trade as well.  On top of his inability to stay healthy

Wow.

You're going to just lie to yourself about Tim Tebow all the way to the grave. I respect your commitment. 

Both of those players showed an ability to stay healthy last weekend. One of them showed an inability to stay upright on the football field, the other hauled in 4 receptions.

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2021, 03:55 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Question:  Tebow's estimated $1m contract was predicated on him making the team, correct?  If so, how much was he really paid by the Jags?

(08-17-2021, 03:54 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Question:  Tebow's estimated $1m contract was predicated on him making the team, correct?  If so, how much was he really paid by the Jags?

Training camp is $3-4,000 for rookies and $6-7,000 for everyone else.

The off season program depends on what was in his contract as I assume he got something during that time.

(08-17-2021, 03:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 02:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Meyer said it himself.  The cut was mostly do to his poor play on ST. I'm sure that had a lot to do with the Oliver trade as well.  On top of his inability to stay healthy

Wow.

You're going to just lie to yourself about Tim Tebow all the way to the grave. I respect your commitment. 

Both of those players showed an ability to stay healthy last weekend. One of them showed an inability to stay upright on the football field, the other hauled in 4 receptions.

Its right there in the comments from the coach.  If Oliver could of showed some of that the last couple years he was here he might of got a shot for a roster spot in training camp, but he hasnt been able to stay healthy.

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2021, 04:44 PM by Tank Commander.)

How is this a race issue?

(08-17-2021, 02:08 PM)Kane Wrote:

They guy who said Ohtani (or however it is spelled) wasn't a good face for the MLB cuz he was asian
Yeah he said Ohtani needed to be more white, like Bryce Harper or Mike Trout to be popular with American fans.  Which is a pretty weird take coming from him.

(08-17-2021, 02:08 PM)Kane Wrote:

Yeah he said Ohtani needed to be more white, like Bryce Harper or Mike Trout to be popular with American fans.  Which is a pretty weird take coming from him.

Wow. What a shocker. Who could ever have seen this coming?

(08-17-2021, 03:17 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Wow, him getting cut actually made the news out here.  Sitting in the waiting room for the doctor and pulled up the local news website.

It was "news" on many news websites that I browse daily (FOX, CNN, ABC, NBC).  Most of the headlines read something along the lines of "Tebow cut after embarrassing preseason performance".

I give the man credit for trying and making a go for it.  Reality is he is just not an NFL caliber player at any position, especially at his age.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.