Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Travis Etienne - Rd1, Pick 25

(02-18-2022, 05:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://youtu.be/wQZRav-Ef6c

Great interview, glad we got him. He said one team had him do a rap video pre draft, [BLEEP]? Said he talked to the Bills almost every day and felt he was a lock to the Bills if he fell there.

We need to stay far far away from the rap songs/videos. Not a good history of that here.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-18-2022, 05:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://youtu.be/wQZRav-Ef6c

Great interview, glad we got him.  He said one team had him do a rap video pre draft, [BLEEP]?  Said he talked to the Bills almost every day and felt he was a lock to the Bills if he fell there.

Poor guy lol
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Bills got lucky the worst coach in NFL history forced a godawful pet project pick.

One might not of liked the Etienne pick but one thing he wouldn't of been was a project. Played 4 years in the ACC, all time ACC leader in rushing. He would of been NFL ready as in player in the draft. If he comes back 100% he's going to be great for Trevor and this offense. There isn't a back in this draft that's better than Etienne

(02-19-2022, 07:12 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: One might not of liked the Etienne pick but one thing he wouldn't of been was a project. Played 4 years in the ACC, all time ACC leader in rushing.  He would of been NFL ready as in player in the draft.  If he comes back 100% he's going to be great for Trevor and this offense.  There isn't a back in this draft that's better than Etienne

"If"
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

He mentioned he's currently 80-85% back. I hope he's able to come back fully. He has the ability to be a special back, as proven with his Clemson success.

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2022, 10:27 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-19-2022, 08:37 AM)ATLjag Wrote: He mentioned he's currently 80-85% back.  I hope he's able to come back fully.  He has the ability to be a special back, as proven with his Clemson success.

Yes, the best thing about the injury is it happened so early, the first pre season game.  I'm hopeful he can make a full recovery

(02-19-2022, 08:44 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-19-2022, 08:37 AM)ATLjag Wrote: He mentioned he's currently 80-85% back.  I hope he's able to come back fully.  He has the ability to be a special back, as proven with his Clemson success.

Yes, the best think about the injury is it happened so early, the first pre season game.  I'm hopeful he can make a full recovery
This isn’t an ACL or even an Achilles injury though. The timing of the injury has nothing to do with if he will come back to 100%.

Lisfranc is the worst possible injury for a running back I think.

(02-19-2022, 08:32 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-19-2022, 07:12 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: One might not of liked the Etienne pick but one thing he wouldn't of been was a project. Played 4 years in the ACC, all time ACC leader in rushing.  He would of been NFL ready as in player in the draft.  If he comes back 100% he's going to be great for Trevor and this offense.  There isn't a back in this draft that's better than Etienne

"If"

Of

Smile
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-19-2022, 09:11 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-19-2022, 08:32 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: "If"

Of

Smile
Rico. If you’re ever in Maryland, first 3 beers on me.

(02-19-2022, 09:11 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-19-2022, 08:32 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: "If"

Of

Smile

Haha I'm catching that, too.  "...would of..."

(02-19-2022, 09:22 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-19-2022, 09:11 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Of

Smile

Haha I'm catching that, too.  "...would of..."

There was a plethora in one post...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2022, 11:20 AM by Newton. Edited 1 time in total.)

While obviously the way things have worked out thus far are not that ideal, I still maintain we need to wait and see on this one. People writing the guy off off as a bust when he’s never played a down in the NFL are getting a bit ahead of themselves. The guy could be pretty electric and has good pass catching ability out of the backfield. We really missed that kind a home run threat this past year. Let’s see how it plays out.

He's going to pan out as yet another solid pick in the '21 draft.

(02-19-2022, 11:19 AM)Newton Wrote: While obviously the way things have worked out thus far are not that ideal, I still maintain we need to wait and see on this one. People writing the guy off off as a bust when he’s never played a down in the NFL are getting a bit ahead of themselves. The guy could be pretty electric and has good pass catching  ability out of the backfield. We really missed that kind a home run threat this past year. Let’s see how it plays out.

I don't think anyone said he was a bust. I know I've said from the call of his name that he was over drafted for a team that needed too many other pieces. The injury might cause him to bust, it's a hard one to come back from for RBs, but I don't know of anyone on here who thinks he wasn't at least a good player.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Bad luck for the jags offense. Anyone with speed was out for the season. This was a huge loss. It would have been nice to see tlaw with his college teammate similar to burrow & chase except qb rb and #1 can catch too.

Etienne will be ready in time for training camp for sure. He'll be able to contribute within 2022 BUT he'll never be the same RB. He will have lost some of his abilities to plant his foot while making a cut. Being that Robinson won't be ready until the season has started, we need to draft a RB this year.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(02-20-2022, 09:32 AM)NH3 Wrote: Etienne will be ready in time for training camp for sure. He'll be able to contribute within 2022 BUT he'll never be the same RB. He will have lost some of his abilities to plant his foot while making a cut. Being that Robinson won't be ready until the season has started, we need to draft a RB this year.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Oh yeah, let's compound bad drafting with more bad drafting. Just go sign some guy as an UDFA and he can be the 3rd guy/injury starter for us.

(02-20-2022, 09:34 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-20-2022, 09:32 AM)NH3 Wrote: Etienne will be ready in time for training camp for sure. He'll be able to contribute within 2022 BUT he'll never be the same RB. He will have lost some of his abilities to plant his foot while making a cut. Being that Robinson won't be ready until the season has started, we need to draft a RB this year.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Oh yeah, let's compound bad drafting with more bad drafting. Just go sign some guy as an UDFA and he can be the 3rd guy/injury starter for us.

Good lord, we have 11 draft picks.  You don't think we can afford to spend one on a running back?

(02-20-2022, 09:37 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-20-2022, 09:34 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Oh yeah, let's compound bad drafting with more bad drafting. Just go sign some guy as an UDFA and he can be the 3rd guy/injury starter for us.

Good lord, we have 11 draft picks.  You don't think we can afford to spend one on a running back?
What round?