Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Travis Etienne - Rd1, Pick 25

If you don't have Henry you need a stable of backs. I believe Etienne was the best combination of speed and size in the draft?

I get it tho...we're not accustomed to having any depth and dynamic players. We've acclimated to having a bunch of average players, not the best most talented.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Value, value, value

What if I told you there is a running back out there who ran a 4.42 and excels as a pass catcher who doesn’t have 800 career college touches like Etienne and that there is a good chance you can grab him with pick 65? You could have grabbed two of the guys people are disappointed we didn’t get with 25 and 33 and STILL get the complimentary back to play the role Etienne will on this team.

Drafting a running back in the first round to be part of a stable, and trying to defend that. Whew bias is a hell of a drug.

(04-30-2021, 01:13 AM)Protozoa Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 11:52 PM)TheSchmidt Wrote: Losing franchises make this type of pick. Especially with the amount of holes on this roster.

How many times does it need to be proven that you can find backs anywhere.

You’d think this franchise would learn that wasting valuable assets on this position wins you absolutely nothing.

But here we are.

Again.
Yeah just like when the saints took Kamara when they had Ingram.

What round did the Saints pick Kamara in again?

(04-30-2021, 12:39 AM)surfon Wrote: So we got a dynamic running back and most of the players the whiners would have been fine with are still on the board.  Imagine that.  Barmore, Moehrig, Jenkins, Moore still available.

I am a bit bummed Darisaw fell to within 2 picks of us.  That would have been awesome.

Yes, but I have a feeling they had their minds set on Etienne. We'll never know for sure.

(04-29-2021, 11:52 PM)TheSchmidt Wrote: Losing franchises make this type of pick. Especially with the amount of holes on this roster.

You’d think this franchise would learn that wasting valuable assets on this position wins you absolutely nothing.

But here we are.

Again.

....in round 4.

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2021, 01:30 AM by rpr52121.)

But here we are.

Again.

That team was already a fringe contender and that Saints draft basically has legendary status as the greatest complete class in the last 10-15 years.

Are the Jags replicating the greatest draft class ever?

(04-30-2021, 01:13 AM)Protozoa Wrote: Yeah just like when the saints took Kamara when they had Ingram.

Hang on a second, you're comparing a top contender with one of the most complete rosters in the league taking a 3rd round RB to be part of a tandem to what we just did? You can't be serious.

(04-30-2021, 01:30 AM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 01:13 AM)Protozoa Wrote: Yeah just like when the saints took Kamara when they had Ingram.

....in round 4.

If you knew how good he would be, would you wait until round 4 to draft him? If you get a Kamara like player, you don't wait until round 4 to take him.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-30-2021, 01:46 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 01:30 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: ....in round 4.

If you knew how good he would be, would you wait until round 4 to draft him? If you get a Kamara like player, you don't wait until round 4 to take him.
Oh right because we know Etienne will be as good or better than Kamara... ??
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2021, 01:51 AM by ChrisJagBoy.)

Right now im looking at our offense and all i can say is wow, if t law is what we think he is, our offense is going to be insans.

On top of that we basically have a first round pick tomorrow along with another early 2nd that we can use to get maybe moehrig and friermuth? Along with our free agency class i really am excited right now.

Ps etn averaged 19.5 total tds per year and 7.2 ypc. I think roty may be a competition in our backfield.

(04-30-2021, 01:49 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 01:46 AM)Dimson Wrote: If you knew how good he would be, would you wait until round 4 to draft him? If you get a Kamara like player, you don't wait until round 4 to take him.
Oh right because we know Etienne will be as good or better than Kamara... ??
Hes a much better and productive prospect out of college.. so could be.

I had hoped they might get Etienne in the 2nd round. On the other hand, the guys I wanted in the first are still there (Barmore and Onwuzurike). So I'm happy. I'd be happier if they were able to move down 3 or 4 spots and picked up an early third or a second next year.

(04-30-2021, 01:19 AM)TheSchmidt Wrote:

What round did the Saints pick Kamara in again?

What round did Ingram go in?
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(04-30-2021, 01:37 AM)Upper Wrote:

Hang on a second, you're comparing a top contender with one of the most complete rosters in the league taking a 3rd round RB to be part of a tandem to what we just did? You can't be serious.

My post was in regards to a team taking a player while they already have a skilled player on there roster when they have holes else where which the Saints had that year. Let's not forget that they had a 1st round running back already on the roster and really good number 2 running backs.

How many running backs have breakout first years then drop of the face of the earth. I love James Robinson and hope he does well but there's a reason he went undrafted and there's also a reason he's the only running back to do what he did as an undrafted running back.

If ETN ends up meeting his pro comparison of Jamaal Charles I don't see how this is a bad pick. I also don't see how it's a bad pick since all the players we wanted are still there.

(04-30-2021, 02:25 AM)Protozoa Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 01:19 AM)TheSchmidt Wrote: What round did the Saints pick Kamara in again?

What round did Ingram go in?

You’re helping my point here. 

Pierre Thomas (undrafted) outplayed Ingram in his first three years there. 

And he has three 1K seasons in his 10 year career. I think most Saints fans would say he wasn’t a good pick

And they took Kamara in the third round. No one would have been upset if we took Gainwell in the third.

(04-30-2021, 02:41 AM)Upper Wrote: And they took Kamara in the third round. No one would have been upset if we took Gainwell in the third.

If there was a redraft he would of went top 10

(04-30-2021, 02:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 02:41 AM)Upper Wrote: And they took Kamara in the third round. No one would have been upset if we took Gainwell in the third.

If there was a redraft he would of went top 10

And if there was a redraft, Fournette would have went in the 4th round, instead of 4th overall in his draft class. Funny how hindsight is 3 years later though huh? Nobody cares about hindsight, you can play that game for nearly everybody.

Etienne was a bad pick at 25. Point, blank, period.

(04-30-2021, 02:39 AM)TheSchmidt Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 02:25 AM)Protozoa Wrote: What round did Ingram go in?

You’re helping my point here. 

Pierre Thomas (undrafted) outplayed Ingram in his first three years there. 

And he has three 1K seasons in his 10 year career. I think most Saints fans would say he wasn’t a good pick

Cool, honestly I'll wait until the dude plays a down before I just assume he was a bad pick. We need weapons we can homer all day and assume we have enough but I feel we need to give our franchise quarterback all the weapons we can and there is plenty of defensive players in this draft.

Also when Kamara was drafted players like him weren't as coveted but now they are which is why we took him at 25.

This is really the guy running our team? Draft a RB at 25th overall to be a 3rd down back? You can't be [BLEEP] serious...  Wallbash

https://twitter.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1...0278749185