Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Draft Day 2 Thread***

(04-30-2021, 09:41 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 09:40 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: We gonna grade D overall from national media.  Bring back Caldwell

Winning all those offseasons sure helped in January didn't it.

Not when we had a complete idiot as a head coach who had no clue what he was doing.

wow think we might have the same now lol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-30-2021, 09:47 PM)Sibelius Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 09:45 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: How about we trust the current front office until they give us a reason not to?

I remember people saying that so many times on this forum over the past several years. How did that work out for us?

So far the picks have been underwhelming, at best.

What team do you scout for btw?

texans getting the no 1 pick next year. They’re terrible

Didn’t we hear Jabril Cox as a late 1st rd pick at one point?

(04-30-2021, 09:49 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 09:47 PM)Sibelius Wrote: I remember people saying that so many times on this forum over the past several years. How did that work out for us?

So far the picks have been underwhelming, at best.

What team do you scout for btw?

I think you should be asking that question to the Jaguar scouts.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

I liked Christensen.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

"There's some conversation, I don't know if it is necessarily that one, going on right now about how to find a tight end." - Urban Meyer when asked about whether the Jaguars have put in a call to Atlanta about tight end Hayden Hurst

(04-30-2021, 09:53 PM)Sibelius Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 09:49 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: What team do you scout for btw?

I think you should be asking that question to the Jaguar scouts.

What pick are you actually upset with? Like, which player that we drafted do you think is garbage?

(04-30-2021, 09:57 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 09:53 PM)Sibelius Wrote: I think you should be asking that question to the Jaguar scouts.

What pick are you actually upset with? Like, which player that we drafted do you think is garbage?

Welll, we've picked a guy with a torn ACL and another with a busted knee . . . Baalke is famous for drafting damaged players. It's part of what got him fired in San Francisco. 

Read this https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/wh...-the-49ers

I think most of the rest of our pix have not been best available players OR best picks to fill our needs. Other than TL, and he was an obvious pick - my cat could have made that choice.

(04-30-2021, 09:50 PM)Jags239 Wrote: texans getting the no 1 pick next year. They’re terrible

They used their first draft pick (#67 overall) on a quarterback.  Apparently, they are not optimistic about Deshaun Watson.   Smile

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2021, 10:08 PM by MJonesD_32.)

(04-30-2021, 09:56 PM)JNev Wrote: "There's some conversation, I don't know if it is necessarily that one, going on right now about how to find a tight end." - Urban Meyer when asked about whether the Jaguars have put in a call to Atlanta about tight end Hayden Hurst

i think they're after Ertz. 

Baalke denied any trade talk... by side tracking to Free agency, the draft etc.

(04-30-2021, 10:04 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 09:50 PM)Jags239 Wrote: texans getting the no 1 pick next year. They’re terrible

They used their first draft pick (#67 overall) on a quarterback.  Apparently, they are not optimistic about Deshaun Watson.   Smile

at least we're not in the cellar of the division anymore.

(04-30-2021, 10:01 PM)Sibelius Wrote: Welll, we've picked a guy with a torn ACL and another with a busted knee . . . Baalke is famous for drafting damaged players. It's part of what got him fired in San Francisco. 

I think most of the rest of our pix have not been best available players OR best picks to fill our needs. Other than TL, and he was an obvious pick - my cat could have made that choice.

I remember Gene Smith's schtick was that he loved taking small school players with major conference physical attributes or stats.  With the idea that they were undervalued based on the lower level of competition.  Sounded good in theory but he seemed to overdraft them and take them in rounds where they might have gone had they put up those kinds of numbers at a bigger school.  And not only did he over draft them, he just flat out missed on too many.

Seems like Baalke's schtick he takes guys that fall in the draft due to injury concerns.  Unlike Gene at least he seems to be taking them in the appropriate round and isn't overdrafting them.  Again, sounds good in theory but if, like his time in San Fran, too many of them never regain their old form, there will be more misses than hits.  Hopefully we have better luck here.

(04-30-2021, 10:12 PM)rfc17 Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 10:01 PM)Sibelius Wrote: Welll, we've picked a guy with a torn ACL and another with a busted knee . . . Baalke is famous for drafting damaged players. It's part of what got him fired in San Francisco. 

I remember Gene Smith's schtick was that he loved taking small school players with major conference physical attributes or stats.  With the idea that they were undervalued based on the lower level of competition.  Sounded good in theory but he seemed to overdraft them and take them in rounds where they might have gone had they put up those kinds of numbers at a bigger school.  And not only did he over draft them, he just flat out missed on too many.

Seems like Baalke's schtick he takes guys that fall in the draft due to injury concerns.  Unlike Gene at least he seems to be taking them in the appropriate round and isn't overdrafting them.  Again, sounds good in theory but if, like his time in San Fran, too many of them never regain their old form, there will be more misses than hits.  Hopefully we have better luck here.

I certainly agree with you and hope things work out differently. I just cringed when I heard about the last two choices and thought, "when will this guy learn?"

Any quality TEs that are falling cuz they blew their knee out?

(04-30-2021, 10:15 PM)Sibelius Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 10:12 PM)rfc17 Wrote: I remember Gene Smith's schtick was that he loved taking small school players with major conference physical attributes or stats.  With the idea that they were undervalued based on the lower level of competition.  Sounded good in theory but he seemed to overdraft them and take them in rounds where they might have gone had they put up those kinds of numbers at a bigger school.  And not only did he over draft them, he just flat out missed on too many.

I certainly agree with you and hope things work out differently. I just cringed when I heard about the last two choices and thought, "when will this guy learn?"

He’s not gonna learn. Tiger don’t change his stripes. With Baalke’s long history of drafting All-Pros and Pro Bowlers, aren’t we hitting the panic button kinda early?
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(04-30-2021, 10:19 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Any quality TEs that are falling cuz they blew their knee out?

LOL - remember, they have to be fast.

(04-30-2021, 10:19 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Any quality TEs that are falling cuz they blew their knee out?

David Njoku come on down!

(04-30-2021, 10:20 PM)Sibelius Wrote:

LOL - remember, they have to be fast.

Fast and must have been seriously injured in the past 2 years
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2021, 10:24 PM by SnowJaguar.)

I’m fairly convinced that the collective opinion of the internet would have a decent draft day compared to most teams.

In this day and age who needs scouts when there are millions of opinions in the internet, find the median and draft it.

Great tribute to Willie Brown
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]