Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Draft Day 2 Thread***

(04-30-2021, 10:20 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 10:15 PM)Sibelius Wrote: I certainly agree with you and hope things work out differently. I just cringed when I heard about the last two choices and thought, "when will this guy learn?"

He’s not gonna learn. Tiger don’t change his stripes. With Baalke’s long history of drafting All-Pros and Pro Bowlers, aren’t we hitting the panic button kinda early?

I agree with the first part of what you said - it's clear he won't learn. I don't hear anyone hitting any panic buttons, but many people here - and in the national media - aren't impressed with the picks so far.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm not worried about what the national media, who never give any shred of decent coverage to our team, think about us.

Even more so, I'm not worried about what other armchair GMs think about these players before they have played a down in the NFL.

(04-30-2021, 09:56 PM)JNev Wrote: "There's some conversation, I don't know if it is necessarily that one, going on right now about how to find a tight end." - Urban Meyer when asked about whether the Jaguars have put in a call to Atlanta about tight end Hayden Hurst

This may be the best fit for a tight end at this point. Falcons don't need him now that they have Pitts. His contract isn't crazy and he'd be coming home to Jax. The fact that he's injury prone should be a plus for Baalke.

(04-30-2021, 10:28 PM)enigma Wrote: I'm not worried about what the national media, who never give any shred of decent coverage to our team, think about us.

Even more so, I'm not worried about what other armchair GMs think about these players before they have played a down in the NFL.

for sure - just like I'm not worried about what fanboys think.

(04-30-2021, 10:29 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 09:56 PM)JNev Wrote: "There's some conversation, I don't know if it is necessarily that one, going on right now about how to find a tight end." - Urban Meyer when asked about whether the Jaguars have put in a call to Atlanta about tight end Hayden Hurst

This may be the best fit for a tight end at this point. Falcons don't need him now that they have Pitts. His contract isn't crazy and he'd be coming home to Jax. The fact that he's injury prone should be a plus for Baalke.

Laughing

There goes Hunter Long. Sounds like a trade for Ertz might be the best option for us.

(04-30-2021, 10:29 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:

This made me laugh.  But I think Ertz has to be our best option.

Please God don't let it be Tebow.

As the last of the likely draftable QBs have been chosen, I wonder if we'll see a trade for Minshew? I think his best value would be to hold him into camp and trade him when another team has an injury/need.

(04-30-2021, 10:30 PM)Sibelius Wrote: There goes Hunter Long. Sounds like a trade for Ertz might be the best option for us.

I'd rather have Njoku over Ertz, who's best days are behind him.

Njoku is 24 years old vs Ertz's 30.

And there goes Tremble. Good thing we got Tebow...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Dang there goes Tommy Tremble. Thought he might be a good fit for us in the 4th as TE / H-Back kind of role.

This Draft must mean we are going to be really good!

Normally the Jags "Ace" the draft but when football season comes we stink.

Now since most hate it maybe the Jags made the right picks!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(04-30-2021, 10:37 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: This Draft must mean we are going to be really good!

Normally the Jags "Ace" the draft but when football season comes we stink.

Now since most hate it maybe the Jags made the right picks!

If we're really good it's going to be because we got Lawrence and he lives up to the hype.

It’s gonna be wonderful watching perfectly placed spirals from Trevor Lawrence bounce off of the stone hands of Tim Tebow into the arms of opposing defenders.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Fingers crossed that Brevin Jordan falls to one of our 4th round picks.

(04-30-2021, 10:42 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: It’s gonna be wonderful watching perfectly placed spirals from Trevor Lawrence bounce off of the stone hands of Tim Tebow into the arms of opposing defenders.

To be fair,  Tebow won a NFL playoff game as a starter. Thats more then almost every Jag left on the roster.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(04-30-2021, 10:42 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: It’s gonna be wonderful watching perfectly placed spirals from Trevor Lawrence bounce off of the stone hands of Tim Tebow into the arms of opposing defenders.

Tim going under center.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Imagine we had one of the other QBs instead of Lawrence...
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(04-30-2021, 10:36 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Dang there goes Tommy Tremble.  Thought he might be a good fit for us in the 4th as  TE / H-Back kind of role.

Brevin Jordan may be the last decent possibility left in the draft.

(04-30-2021, 10:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Tim going under center.

If that happens, torches and pitchforks are forthcoming.
Jaguars Fundamentalist