Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Draft Day 2 Thread***

He’s a thought about the OLine, I believe the unit will be much better next season because
a) better coaches (irrespective of the line coach being the same, the strength and conditioning etc coaches are all different)
b) we shouldn’t be in obvious pass situations ALL THE TIME.
c) the QB isn’t going to be holding the ball forever and running into sacks
d) the play calling will be much better.

I think they want to see what they have this year, and then make a decision.

I think they’ll take Moehrig at 33 and a WR or TE and 45

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2021, 02:04 PM by MJonesD_32.)

(04-30-2021, 01:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 01:29 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Couple other media outlets are saying Campbell too.

Man I hope not.

I don't get it? Meyer said he wanted to get 4-5 starters. So far we have a starting QB, a part time starting RB and if we take Campbell, depth at CB. I don't see Campbell winning a starting position, unless he supplants Henderson and that would mean both our 2020 first round picks were very big reaches. Campbell is a decent enough CB, but there is no way anyone can convince me he is the BAP left on the board. I don't even think he's the best available CB.

i am praying this is Urban's team starting this rumour and drumming interest so that someone trades up and takes him based off us 'going after Tyson Campbell'... i'll be so pissed if we take him. he's not even going to be starter on this team.  Henderson & Griffin are the starters outside.

(04-30-2021, 02:01 PM)Ordar Wrote: He’s a thought about the OLine, I believe the unit will be much better next season because
a) better coaches (irrespective of the line coach being the same, the strength and conditioning etc coaches are all different)
b) we shouldn’t be in obvious pass situations ALL THE TIME.
c) the QB isn’t going to be holding the ball forever and running into sacks
d) the play calling will be much better.

I think they want to see what they have this year, and then make a decision.

I think they’ll take Moehrig at 33 and a WR or TE and 45

Totally agree with you... but we do need reliable depth aswell. Shatley and that Guard we drafted last year are exactly that. we need 1 or 2 more depth pieces. 

Jenkins or any of the later guys provide that and also have upside to start next year if we decide to move on from anyone.

(04-30-2021, 01:52 PM)Jags@dajugular Wrote: I say trade the 33 to the highest bidder cause I think they're drafting Cosmi or Carman and I hope  Jevon Holland than Mohring. Holland would be the number one safety if he was bigger and he is more athletic than mohring

If we draft Carman, I will punch a hole in the wall!

(04-30-2021, 01:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 01:29 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Couple other media outlets are saying Campbell too.

Man I hope not.

I don't get it? Meyer said he wanted to get 4-5 starters. So far we have a starting QB, a part time starting RB and if we take Campbell, depth at CB. I don't see Campbell winning a starting position, unless he supplants Henderson and that would mean both our 2020 first round picks were very big reaches. Campbell is a decent enough CB, but there is no way anyone can convince me he is the BAP left on the board. I don't even think he's the best available CB.

"lying season"

this pick hasn't been made, so everything is speculative.

(04-30-2021, 02:14 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 01:52 PM)Jags@dajugular Wrote: I say trade the 33 to the highest bidder cause I think they're drafting Cosmi or Carman and I hope  Jevon Holland than Mohring. Holland would be the number one safety if he was bigger and he is more athletic than mohring

I'll punch a hole in my wall if that CB Campbell is our pick.

(04-30-2021, 02:14 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

If this happens, it will be my only correct prediction- you punching the wall, not taking Carman!

Stop punching walls and start headbutting them.. Works so much better.. Try it!!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(04-30-2021, 03:00 PM)MJonesD_32 Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 02:14 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If we draft Carman, I will punch a hole in the wall!

He's another guy who is really good, I just don't know how much he's gonna get playing time...

I’m not so sure Griffin is going to be the cemented starter if we get TC.

(04-30-2021, 03:00 PM)MJonesD_32 Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 02:14 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If we draft Carman, I will punch a hole in the wall!

If we go CB, go Samuel. He is the best remaining CB. Or hell, Holland. He can play slot or safety.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2021, 03:12 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(04-30-2021, 12:42 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I like watching you guys melt down. I love what Urban is doing so far. An offensive tackle can’t score points.

No need to trade Cam to draft Cam. The fall off or uptick is not worth the time and effort. Urban is getting the playmakers and it’s about dang time.

Clueless as usual. 

Those stupid Chiefs trading for an OT when they have an elite QB, they should have traded up for a WR or a RB!!! they should also trade for Julio!! he scores points!!

You never disappoint to post the most clueless stuff.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(04-30-2021, 03:02 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I’m not so sure Griffin is going to be the cemented starter if we get TC.
So they gave Griffin all that money to not play just so they can start a rookie and 2nd year corner......

Come on man. Think logically.

(04-30-2021, 03:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 03:02 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I’m not so sure Griffin is going to be the cemented starter if we get TC.
So they gave Griffin all that money to not play just so they can start a rookie and 2nd year corner......

Any logical fan would know that Henderson and Griffin are the starting outside corners.

(04-30-2021, 03:07 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 12:42 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I like watching you guys melt down. I love what Urban is doing so far. An offensive tackle can’t score points.

No need to trade Cam to draft Cam. The fall off or uptick is not worth the time and effort. Urban is getting the playmakers and it’s about dang time.

Clueless as usual. 

Those stupid Chiefs trading for an OT when they have an elite QB, they should have traded up for a WR or a RB!!! they should also trade for Julio!! he scores points!!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh. Tackle Waaaaaaaa. Forest Lamp Waaaaaaaaa. Mentor Waaaaa. Chiefs Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

(04-30-2021, 03:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Teams play nickel at least 60% of the time.  All three (Griffin, Henderson and TC) would get plenty of PT barring injury or suspension.

The guys who have to worry are Tre Herndon and Sidney Jones.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2021, 03:18 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-30-2021, 03:16 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 03:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: So they gave Griffin all that money to not play just so they can start a rookie and 2nd year corner......

Teams play nickel at least 60% of the time.  All three (Griffin, Henderson and TC) would get plenty of PT barring injury or suspension.

This, I think Herndon and Jones would be depth

(04-30-2021, 03:16 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 03:12 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: So they gave Griffin all that money to not play just so they can start a rookie and 2nd year corner......

So who’s the nickel? Because that’s not Campbells game at all.

The pick just doesn’t make much sense to me.

I dont know why Urban would tell who we want to draft so early.

Step away from your emotions and ask yourself if ET talented. Don’t worry about who you would have picked. The pick has been made. Save all your opinions.

Ask 100 people and all 100 would have picked a different player. There are plenty of good players still on the board. God I feel like I’m cheerleading for a retirement group.

If your in a bad mood just remember - we got Trevor freakin Lawrence.

(04-30-2021, 03:14 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 03:07 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Clueless as usual. 

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh. Tackle Waaaaaaaa. Forest Lamp Waaaaaaaaa. Mentor Waaaaa. Chiefs Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I wouldn't go that far to characterize that side.

To a large degree I agree with/understand their concerns, even if I don't always understand the logic they use in making their arguments.

There is a rational basis for concern about the T position and other positions.

I would imagine I would be more vociferous in the other direction if we didn't have the extra draft picks with which to operate in this draft.

But the real problem isn't that the team chose a RB at 25.

To me, the real problem is there are so many holes that we have to debate which to prioritize in the first place.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!