Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tyson Campbell - Rd2, Pick 33

(04-30-2021, 08:54 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Just heard that E. Dilla indicated Meyer does not like Henderson's demeanor. Maybe that's why they took a corner.

I wonder why?

[Image: 1220678180.jpg.jpg]

(04-30-2021, 08:59 PM)enigma Wrote: Apparently C.J. Henderson unfollowed the Jaguars from social media according to some chatter out there.

Will be interesting to see the dynamic if it is true and Henderson has become disgruntled.

Can't become what you already were.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2021, 09:03 PM by JagFanatic24.)

GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!!

He’s going to play SAFETY!!!! Geez

We needed a QB and we needed a playmaking Safety. Look for a DE coming up Smile

Jaglou53 show that link where Urban Meyer said that

Well, if the rumors about Henderson are true, the Campbell pick brings a lot more "value" that most on here slam their fists at.

There's a lot of information, that we armchair GM's do not know, that our coaches and FO experience and face daily.

(04-30-2021, 09:04 PM)enigma Wrote: Well, if the rumors about Henderson are true, the Campbell pick brings a lot more "value" that most on here slam their fists at.

There's a lot of information, that we armchair GM's do not know, that our coaches and FO experience and face daily.

Agreed, that pick suddenly becomes an A+ pick!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(04-30-2021, 09:06 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 09:04 PM)enigma Wrote: Well, if the rumors about Henderson are true, the Campbell pick brings a lot more "value" that most on here slam their fists at.

Agreed, that pick suddenly becomes an A+ pick!

Bingo..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Waaaaaaaaa....OH WAIT.....NOW I LOVE IT

(04-30-2021, 09:01 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 08:54 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Just heard that E. Dilla indicated Meyer does not like Henderson's demeanor. Maybe that's why they took a corner.

I wonder why?

[Image: 1220678180.jpg.jpg]

(04-30-2021, 08:59 PM)enigma Wrote: Apparently C.J. Henderson unfollowed the Jaguars from social media according to some chatter out there.

Will be interesting to see the dynamic if it is true and Henderson has become disgruntled.

Can't become what you already were.

Ahhhhh! +1 you posted the pic here lmao... Didn't see you did that... posted this in the other thread. That pic said it all back then! HAHA!

He is actually a candidate to turn into a safety or does he not have the skillset for it?

(04-30-2021, 09:56 PM)Irpr52121 Wrote: He is actually a candidate to turn into a safety or does he not have the skillset for it?

I thought that could be a plan for him until the Cisco pick.

Don’t think he can play nickel.

So Griffin or CJ have to be moving inside, cuz I sure hope they aren’t drafting a CB that will be 4th on the depth chart 33rd overall

This still isn't an A+ pick dudes. He is a corner who struggles to find the ball and we drafted him at 33.

(04-30-2021, 10:00 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: This still isn't an A+ pick dudes.  He is a corner who struggles to find the ball and we drafted him at 33.

He's number 5 on the depth chart, I guess his spot will be on Teams.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2021, 10:13 PM by TheSchmidt.)

Welp.

Just saw a tweet that quoted Urban saying they liked Campbell because he can move inside. Judging by his really poor cone and shuttle time, that worries me.

(04-30-2021, 10:06 PM)TheSchmidt Wrote: Welp.

Just saw a tweet that quoted Urban saying they liked Campbell because he can move inside. Judging by his really poor come and shuttle time, that worries me.

Apparently he fits exactly what Cullen wants to do on defense.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-30-2021, 10:08 PM)Dimson Wrote:

Just saw a tweet that quoted Urban saying they liked Campbell because he can move inside. Judging by his really poor come and shuttle time, that worries me.

He fits what Cullen does with two big press man corners on the outside, he wouldn't appear to be a good fit for a slot corner. Not quite sure how it is going to shake out, but you can't have too many corners so it's whatever.

(04-30-2021, 10:08 PM)Dimson Wrote:

People have compared him to Marlon Humphrey who plays Nickle CB for the Ravens. 

The difference is in the agility though and Humphrey had a 4.28 shuttle and 6.75 three cone. Campbell had a 4.45 shuttle and 7.15 three cone. Pretty important when it comes to playing the Nickle.

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2021, 10:20 PM by Upper.)

(04-30-2021, 10:17 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 10:08 PM)Dimson Wrote: Apparently he fits exactly what Cullen wants to do on defense.

People have compared him to Marlon Humphrey who plays Nickle CB for the Ravens. 

The difference is in the agility though and Humphrey had a 4.28 shuttle and 6.75 three cone. Campbell had a 4.45 shuttle and 7.15 three cone. Pretty important when it comes to playing the Nickle.

I honestly would be surprised if Meyer knew that drills outside of the 40 even exist. He certainly hasn't drafted like it.

Meyer believes in competition. If a kid is soft, then you draft some competition for him and see if he can elevate his game. The guy that plays the best sees the field while the other guy rides the pine.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

I hate this pick the most, not because I don't think Campbell is good but because they passed on Barmore Elijah Moore. With that said as long as CJ doesn't quit football, we are loaded at CB which is a great thing to have.

(05-01-2021, 10:16 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I hate this pick the most, not because I don't think Campbell is good but because they passed on Barmore Elijah Moore.  With that said as long as CJ doesn't quit football, we are loaded at CB which is a great thing to have.

Clearly, UM believes in speed.

I agree with him in that philosophy, and I agree that we needed more speed on the team.

Now whether adding speed was best achieved by adding Campbell or not remains to be seen.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(05-01-2021, 10:25 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 10:16 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I hate this pick the most, not because I don't think Campbell is good but because they passed on Barmore Elijah Moore.  With that said as long as CJ doesn't quit football, we are loaded at CB which is a great thing to have.

Clearly, UM believes in speed.

I agree with him in that philosophy, and I agree that we needed more speed on the team.

Now whether adding speed was best achieved by adding Campbell or not remains to be seen.

Elijah Moore has speed.  Also he said he wanted a top 4th dline and Barmore would of provided us with that.  I dont feel we are a top 4th dline right now.  Campbell was just obviously higher on their board than Barmore and Moore was which I question if they watched enough of those 2 players.  Look what BB did to move up and take Barmore.