Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tyson Campbell - Rd2, Pick 33

(05-01-2021, 10:28 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 10:25 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Clearly, UM believes in speed.

I agree with him in that philosophy, and I agree that we needed more speed on the team.

Now whether adding speed was best achieved by adding Campbell or not remains to be seen.

Elijah Moore has speed.  Also he said he wanted a top 4th dline and Barmore would of provided us with that.  I dont feel we are a top 4th dline right now.  Campbell was just obviously higher on their board than Barmore and Moore was which I question if they watched enough of those 2 players.  Look what BB did to move up and take Barmore.

True.

But if my tally is correct, only two DTs have been taken thus far.  That is an indictment of that class.  There is still opportunity to add some decent guys to the FL though.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-01-2021, 10:30 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 10:28 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Elijah Moore has speed.  Also he said he wanted a top 4th dline and Barmore would of provided us with that.  I dont feel we are a top 4th dline right now.  Campbell was just obviously higher on their board than Barmore and Moore was which I question if they watched enough of those 2 players.  Look what BB did to move up and take Barmore.

True.

But if my tally is correct, only two DTs have been taken thus far.  That is an indictment of that class.  There is still opportunity to add some decent guys to the FL though.

I really wonder if Joe Cullen was pounding the table for Campbell and what he wants to do back there.  I think that's a real possibility.  If CJ plays, corner is probably our deepest position.  It was arguably our weakest before FA

(05-01-2021, 10:50 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 10:30 AM)Bullseye Wrote: True.

I really wonder if Joe Cullen was pounding the table for Campbell and what he wants to do back there.  I think that's a real possibility.  If CJ plays, corner is probably our deepest position.  It was arguably our weakest before FA

Campbell is definitely a Cullen guy. He is very good at what Cullen likes to do with his defense.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2021, 11:30 AM by Upper.)

(05-01-2021, 10:25 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 10:16 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I hate this pick the most, not because I don't think Campbell is good but because they passed on Barmore Elijah Moore.  With that said as long as CJ doesn't quit football, we are loaded at CB which is a great thing to have.

Clearly, UM believes in speed.

Elijah and Barmore are extremely fast for their positions. I don't think Urban realizes that changing direction is part of the speed equation. I think we're going to find that out the hard way if we try to play Campbell anywhere but strictly press man boundary corner.

(05-01-2021, 10:30 AM)Bullseye Wrote: But if my tally is correct, only two DTs have been taken thus far.  That is an indictment of that class.  There is still opportunity to add some decent guys to the FL though.

You're not wrong that it was a bad class at the top, but Barmore, Levi, McNeil, Milton, and Osa have all been picked. There was good depth and still is.

(05-01-2021, 11:26 AM)Upper Wrote: I don't think Urban realizes that changing direction is part of the speed equation.

Teams in trouble if Urban doesn't know that.

(05-01-2021, 11:26 AM)Upper Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 10:25 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Clearly, UM believes in speed.

Elijah and Barmore are extremely fast for their positions. I don't think Urban realizes that changing direction is part of the speed equation. I think we're going to find that out the hard way if we try to play Campbell anywhere but strictly press man boundary corner.

(05-01-2021, 10:30 AM)Bullseye Wrote: But if my tally is correct, only two DTs have been taken thus far.  That is an indictment of that class.  There is still opportunity to add some decent guys to the FL though.

You're not wrong that it was a bad class at the top, but Barmore, Levi, McNeil, Milton, and Osa have all been picked. There was good depth and still is.

I think it's a possibility CJ moves inside in nickel packages and stays outside when 2 corners are on the field.  CJ is elite at change of direction

Heck, Jayson Oweh (6-4 257 lbs. 4.36 40, 6.83 3 Cone) runs circles around Tyson Campbell

So our plan is to take the CB with the fast 40 and bad 3 cone who can't find the ball in space and play him in the slot?

We got his teammate DJ Daniel

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1...42592?s=19

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2021, 09:25 AM by Dimson.)

(05-03-2021, 08:52 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We got his teammate DJ Daniel

I wouldn't have minded if we picked up Cade Johnson. I thought for sure he would be drafted.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Ardarius is going to overperform for someone.

(04-30-2021, 08:14 PM)JNev Wrote: All 4 picks were 5 star recruits out of HS. Meyer can’t quit them

Lol .... I can see Meyer and Baalke hanging out the night before the draft watching game film of American Heritage High School versus St Thomas Aquinos.  Wish he would have watched the Bishop Gorman HS film and selected Brevin Jordan in the 5th.

(05-03-2021, 08:52 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We got his teammate DJ Daniel

I wish we managed to sign David Moore as undrafted. He killed people at senior Bowl practices and was voted best OL by the dlinemen at the event. Fun player to develop as IOL

(05-03-2021, 12:48 PM)Upper Wrote: Ardarius is going to overperform for someone.

Per TCU's Twitter, he landed in Baltimore.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Ok, Ardarius is going to overperform for Baltimore.

(05-03-2021, 12:48 PM)Upper Wrote: Ardarius is going to overperform for someone.

Ar'Darius Washington reminds me to at least some extent of Seahawks S Quandre Diggs, who the Lions drafted in Round 6 of the 2015 Draft. Including, both went to Big 12 schools in the state of Texas. Versatile players considered by most teams too small and too slow.  Yet, they produce and bring intangible elements to their respective teams.

I'm starting to warm up to this pick. Upside is as high as any corner in the draft. If he can be the player they think he is, we will have 4 really good corners. Coaching and development will be very important for this pick, probably more than any imo

Man with the NFL being a pass happy league, and these QBs getting the ball out quick, I am delighted to have quality depth at CB.

Look at what we had last year..

(07-12-2021, 09:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2021/...draft/amp/

I really liked this pick when it happened and Laurie’s breakdown there makes me like it even more. 

She is relentless and insightful in her film breakdown on Twitter when she digs into a player or position group. 

I feel good about Cullen being creative with Campbell at nickel until the time arrives when he’s pushing to win an outside spot.