Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tyson Campbell - Rd2, Pick 33

The Campbell pick is looking more brilliant by the minute currently...

https://twitter.com/TheJaguarsWire/statu...27554?s=20

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yup

Even though I expect Henderson to be back soon I think it's clear that the Campbell pick is because they're looking at moving on from Henderson sooner rather than later. He wasn't Meyer's pick and was mostly underwhelming last year.

This won't help him either.

(07-24-2021, 02:49 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: Even though I expect Henderson to be back soon I think it's clear that the Campbell pick is because they're looking at moving on from Henderson sooner rather than later. He wasn't Meyer's pick and was mostly underwhelming last year.

We all thought Armstead would be back soon too. 

While I have certainly speculated that the pick signaled the Meyer regime's displeasure with Henderson, it's still far from a clear conclusion. 

I'm hoping Henderson gets healthy, plays his butt off, and makes roster decisions at corner very difficult.

I don’t think they’re trying to move on from Henderson at all. 2020 week 1 shows that he can play. Kid can be a stud.

(07-24-2021, 02:49 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: Even though I expect Henderson to be back soon I think it's clear that the Campbell pick is because they're looking at moving on from Henderson sooner rather than later. He wasn't Meyer's pick and was mostly underwhelming last year.

What is your basis for this?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(07-24-2021, 04:57 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

What is your basis for this?

I presume you mean that the pick was to ultimately replace Henderson?

This thread is the reason. First the reactions to the pick, then the rumor about what Meyer feel. I don't see this any different than what signing Beathard means: that Minshew is on his way out. 

It may or may not happen and coaching staff could change their mind. It still means that was the likely intention  - at the time.

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2021, 05:22 PM by The Real Marty.)

(07-24-2021, 05:13 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(07-24-2021, 04:57 PM)Bullseye Wrote: What is your basis for this?

I presume you mean that the pick was to ultimately replace Henderson?

This thread is the reason. First the reactions to the pick, then the rumor about what Meyer feel. I don't see this any different than what signing Beathard means: that Minshew is on his way out. 

It may or may not happen and coaching staff could change their mind. It still means that was the likely intention  - at the time.

They drafted Campbell because we need more good corners.  That's all.  We just needed more good players, and CB is a premium position.  I don't think they're trying to replace Henderson.

Henderson will look even better with some better players that he will have around him hopefully this year

(07-24-2021, 05:37 PM)Jag88 Wrote: Henderson will look even better with some better players that he will have around him hopefully this year

He didn't look good last year, even in the few games he actually played, so "better" shouldn't be hard to achieve.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Replace Henderson? Oh my days, Tyson Campbell was drafted because he’s a great corner. CJ Henderson is on the second year of his rookie contract after showing flashes of potential in his rookie year. There’s nothing wrong with having multiple good corners, positional versatility, AND depth—on rookie contracts.

(07-25-2021, 10:26 AM)Black and Teal Wrote:  There’s nothing wrong with having multiple good corners, positional versatility, AND depth—on rookie contracts.

This is true, but what has it to do with Henderson?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-25-2021, 10:30 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-25-2021, 10:26 AM)Black and Teal Wrote:  There’s nothing wrong with having multiple good corners, positional versatility, AND depth—on rookie contracts.

This is true, but what has it to do with Henderson?

You see, he’d fall under the category of “good corner.” And if you think Tyson Campbell beats him out, he’d fall under the category of “depth.” And speaking of Tyson Campbell, he’d fall under all three including “positional versatility” since he can also play safety.

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2021, 05:51 AM by NH3. Edited 1 time in total.)

(07-24-2021, 05:19 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-24-2021, 05:13 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: I presume you mean that the pick was to ultimately replace Henderson?

They drafted Campbell because we need more good corners.  That's all.  We just needed more good players, and CB is a premium position.  I don't think they're trying to replace Henderson.
To this I Concur. For the past two seasons our depth at the position was subpar. We were relegated to relying on UDFAs and it didn't pan out. We needed more talent at the position of which we've accomplished that by drafting Campbell.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(07-25-2021, 04:26 PM)Black and Teal Wrote:
(07-25-2021, 10:30 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: This is true, but what has it to do with Henderson?

You see, he’d fall under the category of “good corner.” And if you think Tyson Campbell beats him out, he’d fall under the category of “depth.” And speaking of Tyson Campbell, he’d fall under all three including “positional versatility” since he can also play safety.

You still believe that bad players as depth is a good thing?

(07-25-2021, 10:26 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: Replace Henderson? Oh my days, Tyson Campbell was drafted because he’s a great corner. CJ Henderson is on the second year of his rookie contract after showing flashes of potential in his rookie year. There’s nothing wrong with having multiple good corners, positional versatility, AND depth—on rookie contracts.

Well it's Jag Fan. He can't stand having more than one good player at a position and must immediately try to trade those players away. Witness the push to trade Robinson.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Considering the garbage we've trotted out at the CB position last year and years past: having SOLID depth with Griffin, Henderson, Jones, Campbell, and Tre McBride....guys that have actually started multiple games, I would say that is a GOOD thing.

Anyone remember when we'd have a guy get hurt, sign someone from the PS/street and they'd run out on Sunday and get torched?

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(07-27-2021, 10:57 AM)NCJag Wrote: Considering the garbage we've trotted out at the CB position last year and years past: having SOLID depth with Griffin, Henderson, Jones, Campbell, and Tre McBride....guys that have actually started multiple games, I would say that is a GOOD thing.

Anyone remember when we'd have a guy get hurt, sign someone from the PS/street and they'd run out on Sunday and get torched?

Our depth at the CB position is now Good Depth to say the least.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2021, 08:09 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

In the 2nd there was a corner sitting there who I think one could of argued BPA, a great corner with the NFL bloodline. Samuel would of been a great pick but I think we whiffed again. I hope Campbell proves me wrong

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/143994605...id%3D34134