Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tyson Campbell - Rd2, Pick 33

When Campbell was drafted Urban admitted that the knock on him was his lack of locating the ball in the air. Urban also lauded his speed and mentioned that it couldn't be taught. The issue w/that is we were DEEP at the position w/players that was good at locating the ball and we got rid of them all thusly having to throw Campbell to the wolves. He's now learning via Hard Knocks and the Jaguars will sometimes have to lick their wounds. Hopefully his Learning curve won't be too steep because he's all we have.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-02-2021, 04:04 PM)NH3 Wrote: When Campbell was drafted Urban admitted that the knock on him was his lack of locating the ball in the air. Urban also lauded his speed and mentioned that it couldn't be taught. The issue w/that is we were DEEP at the position w/players that was good at locating the ball and we got rid of them all thusly having to throw Campbell to the wolves. He's now learning via Hard Knocks and the Jaguars will sometimes have to lick their wounds. Hopefully his Learning curve won't be too steep because he's all we have.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

There isn't a learning curve for what he lacks.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-02-2021, 03:59 AM)All irontrooper83 Wrote: From Jordan de Lugo on Twitter:

"Tyson Campbell through four week in primary coverage:

21/26 (81%), 345 yards, 1 TD, 2 PBUs

This kid doesn’t stand a chance right now. He has the stickiness but ZERO ability at the catch point. I’m pulling for him, but this is tough to watch."

Those numbers...wow.

At least he has only given up  1 td in 4 games.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Too bad we couldn't have gotten Campbell's teammate Stokes instead. Looks much better than Tyson.

(10-03-2021, 11:42 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: Too bad we couldn't have gotten Campbell's teammate Stokes instead.  Looks much better than Tyson.

Or Trevon Diggs... Guy is balling out of his mind.

I miss Ramsey being a lock down corner we never had to worry about his side of the field. Don't miss the attitude and all the other nonsense, but man he was so good.

(10-02-2021, 10:22 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-02-2021, 09:45 AM)Upper Wrote: Carlton Davis is the poster boy. He had all of the tools except for skills at the catch point and in year 3 he finally developed them and now he's one of the best corners in the game.

Campbell is very similar to Carlton except for the lack of lateral movement skills. If he can develop into Carlton lite that would be a huge success to me.
Can we just call Todd Bowles lol

....do you think he can still play? Wink

(10-03-2021, 12:05 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-02-2021, 04:04 PM)NH3 Wrote: When Campbell was drafted Urban admitted that the knock on him was his lack of locating the ball in the air. Urban also lauded his speed and mentioned that it couldn't be taught. The issue w/that is we were DEEP at the position w/players that was good at locating the ball and we got rid of them all thusly having to throw Campbell to the wolves. He's now learning via Hard Knocks and the Jaguars will sometimes have to lick their wounds. Hopefully his Learning curve won't be too steep because he's all we have.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

There isn't a learning curve for what he lacks.

I Disagree. There's always a learning curve.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(10-04-2021, 01:24 PM)NH3 Wrote:
(10-03-2021, 12:05 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: There isn't a learning curve for what he lacks.

I Disagree. There's always a learning curve.

NH3...

No there's not.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

In all fairness to our DBs, we get no pressure on the pass rush. In todays pass friendly game as dictated by the current rules, the only way to have success in the secondary is to have a good pass rush. We're good at plugging the run but cannot get any pressure on the QB.

Regarding Campbell, I like his style. He plays up in coverage and we leave him on an island quite often when our blitz fails but he does seem like he has what it takes to develop into a good DB.

(10-04-2021, 02:41 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: In all fairness to our DBs, we get no pressure on the pass rush.  In todays pass friendly game as dictated by the current rules, the only way to have success in the secondary is to  have a good pass rush.  We're good at plugging the run but cannot get any pressure on the QB.

Regarding Campbell, I like his style.  He plays up in coverage and we leave him on an island quite often when our blitz fails but he does seem like he has what it takes to develop into a good DB.

I agree, we need to fix the pass rush to help all those guys back there.

(10-04-2021, 03:31 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-04-2021, 02:41 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: In all fairness to our DBs, we get no pressure on the pass rush.  In todays pass friendly game as dictated by the current rules, the only way to have success in the secondary is to  have a good pass rush.  We're good at plugging the run but cannot get any pressure on the QB.

Regarding Campbell, I like his style.  He plays up in coverage and we leave him on an island quite often when our blitz fails but he does seem like he has what it takes to develop into a good DB.

I agree, we need to fix the pass rush to help all those guys back there.

yep. They can make our DBs look a lot better if we get some pressure on the quarterbacks. Right now QBs have all day to wait for a receiver to get open.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(10-04-2021, 04:57 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I miss Ramsey being a lock down corner we never had to worry about his side of the field. Don't miss the attitude and all the other nonsense, but man he was so good.

Maybe 2017 Ramsey when it was all together on defense. Other than that one year, pass.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2021, 08:59 AM by Newton.)

https://www.nfl.com/news/new-england-pat...on-gilmore

I would look into signing Gilmore ASAP. We have the Space, and we have nothing to lose in the short term if he hast to be out injured a little while.

(10-04-2021, 04:36 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(10-04-2021, 04:57 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: I miss Ramsey being a lock down corner we never had to worry about his side of the field. Don't miss the attitude and all the other nonsense, but man he was so good.

Maybe 2017 Ramsey when it was all together on defense. Other than that one year, pass.

I hate Ramsey, too, but come on…

Hoping this is the week that Campbell shows a flash or two of improvement. (if he's able to play - questionable on injury report)

But this probably doesn't help:
https://twitter.com/jordandelugo/status/...88163?s=20

It's interesting that we have a nickle coach. Meyer really makes sure he doesn't have to do much and saves his time for clubbing.

(10-09-2021, 10:54 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's interesting that we have a nickle coach. Meyer really makes sure he doesn't have to do much and saves his time for clubbing.

Wrong thread bro. Lol.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

He missed today’s game with a foot injury.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.