Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Walker Little - Rd2, Pick 45

(05-01-2021, 08:27 AM)newporttom Wrote: We might have our lock down LT for the next 10 years.

This is what I am thinking.    Little has amazing size and movement skills to be available at pick #45. Give this guy an opportunity to compete with Robinson and let the best man win.  My best guess is that Cam starts this year at LT and Little takes over starting duties in 2022. 

As an aside, I really like what Urban is doing. His goal is to make Trevor as comfortable as possible and to make everyone else on the roster as uncomfortable as possible believing that the competition will raise their level of performance.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-01-2021, 01:07 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 08:27 AM)newporttom Wrote: We might have our lock down LT for the next 10 years.

This is what I am thinking.    Little has amazing size and movement skills to be available at pick #45. Give this guy an opportunity to compete with Robinson and let the best man win.  My best guess is that Cam starts this year at LT and Little takes over starting duties in 2022. 

As an aside, I really like what Urban is doing. His goal is to make Trevor as comfortable as possible and to make everyone else on the roster as uncomfortable as possible believing that the competition will raise their level of performance.

This kid is huge and athletic. The only concern is if his injury took something from him.

If health isn't an issue, could be a huge steal.

(05-01-2021, 12:05 PM)Upper Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 11:59 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Understood.  There was a reason they took a chance on him.  But the injury and the time away enhances the risk of the pick and minimizes the chances of a positive first year impact.

That pick could pay off handsomely.  But my risk averse nature gives me some pause, and I can't blame people for being concerned.

I don't think this is your typical injury concern since it's been two years. He's already back and proven elite test results. Ain't no one his size (or any size) putting up a 4.58 short shuttle on a non 100% ACL.

Well, I certainly hope you are right in this instance.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

He has only played one game in 2 years because he got injured the first game of 2019 and sat out last year due to covid. He did not have a two year injury. He will be fine.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-01-2021, 08:06 PM)Dimson Wrote: He has only played one game in 2 years because he got injured the first game of 2019 and sat out last year due to covid. He did not have a two year injury. He will be fine.

And I read that he started workin like a dog as soon as he healed up..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(05-01-2021, 08:28 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 08:06 PM)Dimson Wrote: He has only played one game in 2 years because he got injured the first game of 2019 and sat out last year due to covid. He did not have a two year injury. He will be fine.

And I read that he started workin like a dog as soon as he healed up..

I read he had an awesome pro day too.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2021, 09:44 PM by Bullseye.)

Here's more footage of him, this time vs. Northwestern This was the game he played in 2019, playing most of it until he got injured late.

https://youtu.be/Dafse-m-SgE

I am going to call him Wallker, cause that's what he is.

(05-02-2021, 10:02 PM)Upper Wrote: I am going to call him Wallker, cause that's what he is.

So you've been impressed by what you've seen so far too?

Little has said he's happy playing either left or right side, and that he loves the game. He took the year off on the advice of his coach - David Shaw, because of the shortened season for the PAC-12. He needs to learn to deal with speed rushers better from what I've read, but if he can shake off his rust very fast he could be a good starting tackle on either side for years to come for us. And that's a great 'get' in the second round. Tony Pauline had him ranked 4th among his Tackle Prospects, and graded him as a first/second round pick.

It's easy to look at it and say "He hasn't played football in two years!" but one of those years was because of a nationwide pandemic. He was ready to play last year, and wanted to. But ultimately started to prepare for the 2021 NFL Draft. Hopefully our scouting department did their due diligence in finding out what Little has been up to during the 2020 season. But even if he's a little rusty, if he shakes off that rust and is ready to be a starter in 2022 then I think the pick will turn out to be good.

(05-02-2021, 10:07 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 10:02 PM)Upper Wrote: I am going to call him Wallker, cause that's what he is.

I have been the main guy defending him on here for the last couple of months. Yes, I am quite impressed with him.

(05-02-2021, 10:18 PM)Upper Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 10:07 PM)Bullseye Wrote: So you've been impressed by what you've seen so far too?

I have been the main guy defending him on here for the last couple of months. Yes, I am quite impressed with him.

Apologies for not recalling your defenses of him.

(05-02-2021, 10:07 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

I was initially skeptical and I still think he's a little risky, but I am also one who keeps liking this pick more and more.  I was very impressed with the video.  He definitely has very high upside.

(05-02-2021, 10:16 PM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Little has said he's happy playing either left or right side, and that he loves the game. He took the year off on the advice of his coach - David Shaw, because of the shortened season for the PAC-12. He needs to learn to deal with speed rushers better from what I've read, but if he can shake off his rust very fast he could be a good starting tackle on either side for years to come for us. And that's a great 'get' in the second round. Tony Pauline had him ranked 4th among his Tackle Prospects, and graded him as a first/second round pick.

It's easy to look at it and say "He hasn't played football in two years!" but one of those years was because of a nationwide pandemic. He was ready to play last year, and wanted to. But ultimately started to prepare for the 2021 NFL Draft. Hopefully our scouting department did their due diligence in finding out what Little has been up to during the 2020 season. But even if he's a little rusty, if he shakes off that rust and is ready to be a starter in 2022 then I think the pick will turn out to be good.

Agreed, but I am hoping like hell he's ready to be a starter this year.

(04-30-2021, 11:21 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 09:51 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Meh, typically one year to rehab, two to recover. Hope he spent the time off wisely.

[Image: 181299539_741942993072415_79633135763275...e=60B2E4A5]

I keep seeing post saying Walker had an ACL tear.  That is not correct. He had a dislocated knee cap and a tear in his patella tendon.  There is a big difference.  I have known Walker since he was a baby.  He is a high character individual that works a extremely hard to get better every day.  He has used the time since his injury to rehab and get stronger.  Walker is very intelligent and understands the game at high level.  This pick was a steal.  I have no doubt he will win a starting job before his first season is over.  He will not be out worked!

(05-03-2021, 02:39 PM)scooter14507 Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 11:21 PM)Dimson Wrote: [Image: 181299539_741942993072415_79633135763275...e=60B2E4A5]

I keep seeing post saying Walker had an ACL tear.  That is not correct. He had a dislocated knee cap and a tear in his patella tendon.  There is a big difference.  I have known Walker since he was a baby.  He is a high character individual that works a extremely hard to get better every day.  He has used the time since his injury to rehab and get stronger.  Walker is very intelligent and understands the game at high level.  This pick was a steal.  I have no doubt he will win a starting job before his first season is over.  He will not be out worked!
Thank you for the clarification, and I hope you are right.

(05-03-2021, 02:46 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-03-2021, 02:39 PM)scooter14507 Wrote: I keep seeing post saying Walker had an ACL tear.  That is not correct. He had a dislocated knee cap and a tear in his patella tendon.  There is a big difference.  I have known Walker since he was a baby.  He is a high character individual that works a extremely hard to get better every day.  He has used the time since his injury to rehab and get stronger.  Walker is very intelligent and understands the game at high level.  This pick was a steal.  I have no doubt he will win a starting job before his first season is over.  He will not be out worked!
Thank you for the clarification, and I hope you are right.
Yes sir

(05-03-2021, 02:39 PM)scooter14507 Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 11:21 PM)Dimson Wrote: [Image: 181299539_741942993072415_79633135763275...e=60B2E4A5]

Still sounds painful, lol.

(04-30-2021, 08:08 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I will withhold judgement until the scouts who post on this forum tell me what to think

Am I a "scout"

I drink alcohol
I read mock drafts
I watch player highlights on youtube
I look at player ratings on Rivals.com
I sometimes look at HS records on maxprep.com
I read message boards of various NFL and College teams.
I offer my expert opinions on message boards and sometimes to my friends via text messaging.

(05-03-2021, 03:06 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 08:08 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: I will withhold judgement until the scouts who post on this forum tell me what to think

Am I a "scout"

I drink alcohol
I read mock drafts
I watch player highlights on youtube
I look at player ratings on Rivals.com
I sometimes look at HS records on maxprep.com
I read message boards of various NFL and College teams.
I offer my expert opinions on message boards and sometimes to my friends via text messaging.
I stayed at a Holiday Inn express.